Jump to content
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....
Sign in to follow this  
CCArchive

Arsenal

Recommended Posts

These perennial underachievers are currently sporting a natty pink armband design emblazoned with the legend "VISIT RWANDA". I can't somehow see this drumming up much additional footprint from a North London team which looks like most of their players and supporters have only recently escaped from the Dark Continent, for a country whose reputation is so bad that simply typing "RW" into Google brings up the helpful suggestion "Rwandan genocide" as the first option.

Ironically Arsenal's main sponsor, Emirates, don't fly to Rwanda. Probably because they're not fucking stupid.

Visit%20Rwanda%20Arsenal%20shirt.jpg&ope

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

These perennial underachievers are currently sporting a natty pink armband design emblazoned with the legend "VISIT RWANDA". I can't somehow see this drumming up much additional footprint from a North London team which looks like most of their players and supporters have only recently escaped from the Dark Continent, for a country whose reputation is so bad that simply typing "RW" into Google brings up the helpful suggestion "Rwandan genocide" as the first option.

Ironically Arsenal's main sponsor, Emirates, don't fly to Rwanda. Probably because they're not fucking stupid.

Visit%20Rwanda%20Arsenal%20shirt.jpg&ope

Which 3rd world shite hole do teams in the scotch "top flight" advertise? Syria, Congo, Cheshire?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

These perennial underachievers are currently sporting a natty pink armband design emblazoned with the legend "VISIT RWANDA". I can't somehow see this drumming up much additional footprint from a North London team which looks like most of their players and supporters have only recently escaped from the Dark Continent, for a country whose reputation is so bad that simply typing "RW" into Google brings up the helpful suggestion "Rwandan genocide" as the first option.

Ironically Arsenal's main sponsor, Emirates, don't fly to Rwanda. Probably because they're not fucking stupid.

Visit%20Rwanda%20Arsenal%20shirt.jpg&ope

The advertising agency and client marketing director who signed this off should be fired. In view of the country's history I don't think dark satanic skies above blood-red hills is going to induce anyone to see Rwanda in a different light. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

The advertising agency and client marketing director who signed this off should be fired. In view of the country's history I don't think dark satanic skies above blood-red hills is going to induce anyone to see Rwanda in a different light. 

Are those the hills behind Macclesfield where you go up to the Cat n' Fiddle and Buxton?

  • Iron 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Which 3rd world shite hole do teams in the scotch "top flight" advertise? Syria, Congo, Cheshire?

They tend to advertise online gambling, fast food outlets, and suicide prevention helplines. (Seriously!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

The advertising agency and client marketing director who signed this off should be fired. In view of the country's history I don't think dark satanic skies above blood-red hills is going to induce anyone to see Rwanda in a different light. 

They should have stuck with their old slogan:

See Rwanda and die

and be careful with your 'tootsies'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...