Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....
Sign in to follow this  
CCArchive

Arsenal

These perennial underachievers are currently sporting a natty pink armband design emblazoned with the legend "VISIT RWANDA". I can't somehow see this drumming up much additional footprint from a North London team which looks like most of their players and supporters have only recently escaped from the Dark Continent, for a country whose reputation is so bad that simply typing "RW" into Google brings up the helpful suggestion "Rwandan genocide" as the first option.

Ironically Arsenal's main sponsor, Emirates, don't fly to Rwanda. Probably because they're not fucking stupid.

Visit%20Rwanda%20Arsenal%20shirt.jpg&ope

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

These perennial underachievers are currently sporting a natty pink armband design emblazoned with the legend "VISIT RWANDA". I can't somehow see this drumming up much additional footprint from a North London team which looks like most of their players and supporters have only recently escaped from the Dark Continent, for a country whose reputation is so bad that simply typing "RW" into Google brings up the helpful suggestion "Rwandan genocide" as the first option.

Ironically Arsenal's main sponsor, Emirates, don't fly to Rwanda. Probably because they're not fucking stupid.

Which 3rd world shite hole do teams in the scotch "top flight" advertise? Syria, Congo, Cheshire?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

The advertising agency and client marketing director who signed this off should be fired. In view of the country's history I don't think dark satanic skies above blood-red hills is going to induce anyone to see Rwanda in a different light. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

The advertising agency and client marketing director who signed this off should be fired. In view of the country's history I don't think dark satanic skies above blood-red hills is going to induce anyone to see Rwanda in a different light. 

Are those the hills behind Macclesfield where you go up to the Cat n' Fiddle and Buxton?

• Iron 1

5 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Which 3rd world shite hole do teams in the scotch "top flight" advertise? Syria, Congo, Cheshire?

They tend to advertise online gambling, fast food outlets, and suicide prevention helplines. (Seriously!)

10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

They should have stuck with their old slogan:

See Rwanda and die

and be careful with your 'tootsies'