Jump to content
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....
Ape™️

Nitrogen

Recommended Posts

I have not heard about this idea. Generally speaking, I drive my shed until it starts feeling a bit bumpy or pulls to one side, then cough up the 20p the bastards charge and check the pressures. Unscientific, especially checking pressures when the tyres are warm, but its good enough to get me from my hovel to the sweatshop without complication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ape said:

It's way more likely to lose pressure due to poor bead seating or valve leakage. What do you do? Check your tyres once every six months, secure in the knowledge they're full of white dot nitrogen? Like I originally said, there are no benefits to road tyre users - only to road tyre retailers. And what you did wasn't giving the reasoning behind the idea, it was you being your usual, smug, clever clogs self now, isn't it. 

Oh, and fuck off.

I've never disputed problems with valves or bead seating though you've dropped the argument re oxygen/nitrogen picometres measurement. As it happens I've never had nitrogen pumped into my car tyres. Why are you so vexed about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lady Penelope
14 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

 Why are you so vexed about this?

The trouble is that a few cunts here  carry on thinking about what's been posted or what their next long line of "witty" responses to other cunts here are going to be. Whilst I seem to care deeply about what people have said here whilst I am here, when I switch the pc off and go elsewhere the corner does not enter into my thoughts. Said cunts do need to get a life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I've never disputed problems with valves or bead seating though you've dropped the argument re oxygen/nitrogen picometres measurement. As it happens I've never had nitrogen pumped into my car tyres. Why you are you so vexed about this?

My argument is, and always has been, that there are no benifits whatsoever to road tyre users using nitrogen over air. You come waltzing in with your latest internet harvested clever comment and expect people to just accept it as gospel. OK, since you've asked, lets go back to the old molecular size issue. Tell me, in your infinite (google) knowledge, what this tiny, tiny difference makes to me, the average car tyre user, and whether I should pay £5+ a corner to have my tyres filled with the wonder gas. Or is it the moisture content of air I should be concerned with? It's a fucking car tyre, not an aeroplane tyre. The trouble with you is, you are so caught up in trying to come over clever and superior (at which you fail, miserably) that you don't actually read the nom. 

And just to clarify, I'm not vexed with "this" - just you.

 

2 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

The trouble is that a few cunts here  carry on thinking about what's been posted or what their next long line of "witty" responses to other cunts here are going to be. Whilst I seem to care deeply about what people have said here whilst I am here, when I switch the pc off and go elsewhere the corner does not enter into my thoughts. Said cunts do need to get a life.

 And you can fuck off too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lady Penelope
1 minute ago, Ape said:

My argument is, and always has been, that there are no benifits whatsoever to road tyre users using nitrogen over air. You come waltzing in with your latest internet harvested clever comment and expect people to just accept it as gospel. OK, since you've asked, lets go back to the old molecular size issue. Tell me, in your infinite (google) knowledge, what this tiny, tiny difference makes to me, the average car tyre user, and whether I should pay £5+ a corner to have my tyres filled with the wonder gas. Or is it the moisture content of air I should be concerned with? It's a fucking car tyre, not an aeroplane tyre. The trouble with you is, you are so caught up in trying to come over clever and superior (at which you fail, miserably) that you don't actually read the nom. 

And just to clarify, I'm not vexed with "this" - just you.

 

 And you can fuck off too.

Best if you fucked off Ape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ape said:

...And just to clarify, I'm not vexed with "this" - just you.

...and there we have it, thank you. This is what it was about. An opportunity to take a pot-shot blathering on a about piconmetre size with a few "fuck offs".

There is absolutely no reason why you should pay £5/tyre for nitrogen, as I've said, I just pointed out the reasoning behind it. I will say that that those with low profile tyres might benefit as even a slightly underinflated tyre will cause problems to the wheels connected to stiffened suspensions when driving on standard pock-marked British Roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

...and there we have it, thank you. This is what it was about. An opportunity to take a pot-shot blathering on a about piconmetre size with a few "fuck offs".

There is absolutely no reason why you should pay £5/tyre for nitrogen, as I've said, I just pointed out the reasoning behind it. I will say that that those with low profile tyres might benefit as even a slightly underinflated tyre will cause problems to the wheels connected to stiffened suspensions when driving on standard pock-marked British Roads.

I became "vexed" at you after you waltzed in and explained the supposed logic behind it to all us thickies, like some kind of oracle, in a way that comes across as very smug. With regards under inflated tyres, it makes fuck all difference what the tyres are filled with - it's still the responsibility of the driver to regularly check the pressure in their tyres on the wheels connected to stiffened suspensions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ape said:

I became "vexed" at you after you waltzed in and explained the supposed logic behind it to all us thickies, like some kind of oracle, in a way that comes across as very smug. With regards under inflated tyres, it makes fuck all difference what the tyres are filled with - it's still the responsibility of the driver to regularly check the pressure in their tyres on the wheels connected to stiffened suspensions! 

What? "Waltzed in"? "supposed logic"? "us thickies"? "oracle" like?, "very smug"? All that from one concise sentence? Yeah, right ho, Ape!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

What? "Waltzed in"? "supposed logic"? "us thickies"? "oracle" like?, "very smug"? All that from one concise sentence? Yeah, right ho, Ape!

I'm just amazed you didn't think to put "simples" after your explanation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

What? "Waltzed in"? "supposed logic"? "us thickies"? "oracle" like?, "very smug"? All that from one concise sentence? Yeah, right ho, Ape!

In all fairness, it was a fairly condescending sentence. "I try to avoid going full smart-arse mode to avoid people like you experiencing feelings of inadequacy". You can see how "someone like Ape" might have inferred a lot from those few syllables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Extremecunt
6 minutes ago, Ape said:

I'm just amazed you didn't think to put "simples" after your explanation.  

I think you lost this debate ape.

Fucking nitrogen sniffing boring cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DingTheRioja

I shall repeat myself, since no fucker is talking sense but me...

14 hours ago, DingTheRioja said:

.....what the fuck is the cost both in terms of materials, machinery, environment, time, labour etc in making all the shit to fill tyres with  a little bit more nitrogen compared to the miniscule possible saving of petrol?

Half the reason this has come about is because the Kevins at Kwit Fit can't fit a sealed tyre properly anymore and therefore your brand new fucking tyres go down 5 psi over a month, when 10 years ago I had tyres I wouldn't need to pump up even once every 6 months...

Complete pseudo-bollocks this one.

 

My daily driver is now 7 years old, until last year it had the same tyres on since new, yes new, it doesn't do much mileage since this one is only the shopping trolley.  They were filled with normal air.  They never needed pumping up once in 6 years, only when they eventually started cracking through age did they start to lose pressure.  So I had all 4 tyres replaced by Kevin, they had some silly offer on basically saving me around £200-£250 for a set of decent tyres.

I have since had to pump the tyres up once every month.

Kevin is a cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had to politely refuse to pay for nitrogen in a pair of new front tyres - nitrogen I didn’t fucking ask for. Absolute wankers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

Just had to politely refuse to pay for nitrogen in a pair of new front tyres - nitrogen I didn’t fucking ask for. Absolute wankers.

It's a fucking rip off anyway. Nitrogen constitutes 78% of the earths atmosphere, which means they are trying to sell you the most abundant and readily available gas for more money than the rarer gases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ape™️ said:

Just had to politely refuse to pay for nitrogen in a pair of new front tyres - nitrogen I didn’t fucking ask for. Absolute wankers.

On a similar theme, I'm selling a car so I took it to a local eastern European hand car wash – Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian – as they seem to do a much better job than not only me but also shitty supermarket drive-thrus. Anyway, despite the usual security risks associated with the potentially thieving (& often illegal) cunts, the inside-out valet cost £18, and all I had was a £20 note, needing the remaining £2 for parking (despite always tipping). When the cunt realised I needed change with no prospect of a tip, he got in a right tizwas, having a little hissy fit, literally throwing £2 into my hand and tersely saying 'ok' instead of 'thank you'. I also didn't get my usual air freshener. What a fucking rude cunt. Not only did he lose the chance of £2 next time, he also convinced me to try another place full of probably equally rude Slavic gorillas not too far in the other direction.

Despite it being priced to attract tips, if a product costs £18 then it costs £18. Either feel privileged to be sharing the same oxygen as me, while you bring more road congestion, longer waiting room times, inherent cash trade/tax system-disrepute and rising crime rates to the table, or fuck off back to the piss-poor stinking cesspit from where you were shat out. Cheeky cunts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

On a similar theme, I'm selling a car so I took it to a local eastern European hand car wash – Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian – as they seem to do a much better job than not only me but also shitty supermarket drive-thrus. Anyway, despite the usual security risks associated with the potentially thieving (& often illegal) cunts, the inside-out valet cost £18, and all I had was a £20 note, needing the remaining £2 for parking (despite always tipping). When the cunt realised I needed change with no prospect of a tip, he got in a right tizwas, having a little hissy fit, literally throwing £2 into my hand and tersely saying 'ok' instead of 'thank you'. I also didn't get my usual air freshener. What a fucking rude cunt. Not only did he lose the chance of £2 next time, he also convinced me to try another place full of probably equally rude Slavic gorillas not too far in the other direction.

Despite it being priced to attract tips, if a product costs £18 then it costs £18. Either feel privileged to be sharing the same oxygen as me, while you bring more road congestion, longer waiting room times, inherent cash trade/tax system-disrepute and rising crime rates to the table, or fuck off back to the piss-poor stinking cesspit from where you were shat out. Cheeky cunts.

Mr Pink don't tip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2016 at 08:31, Cuntybaws said:

In all fairness, it was a fairly condescending sentence. "I try to avoid going full smart-arse mode to avoid people like you experiencing feelings of inadequacy". You can see how "someone like Ape" might have inferred a lot from those few syllables.

"there's no sport in Rat" said my Aunty Vi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2016 at 11:32, Ape™️ said:

I've noticed that all tyre dealers are now offering nitrogen as a wonder alternative to air (already 78% nitrogen) that they can shove in your tyres at great expense. They claim reduced rate of deflation and reduced fuel consumption amongst the supposed benefits. It's utter fucking bollocks, and anyone stupid enough to pay £5 a corner for it is indeed a stupid fucking cunt.

My car tyres are normally 34 psi so I deflated all 4 by 5 psi (approx 22%) to 29psi and instructed KwikFit to top them up to 34psi with nitrogen, reducing the cost of £5 per corner to £3.80p per corner, totalling £15.20p. The total amount I saved being £4.80p, which I spent in the Witherspoons next door,  on 2 pints of extra strong cider. Unfortunately I got arrested for drink driving, after crashing the car into a school minibus on my way home. Fortunately all the possible witnesses who were in the minibus did not survive and my solicitor says I should get a 12 month ban at the most. Apparently all four tyres were completely bald and he’s working on a defence strategy which could see the manager of the tyre place go down for life. I do hope so. He has ginger hair and a pony tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

On a similar theme, I'm selling a car so I took it to a local eastern European hand car wash – Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian – as they seem to do a much better job than not only me but also shitty supermarket drive-thrus. Anyway, despite the usual security risks associated with the potentially thieving (& often illegal) cunts, the inside-out valet cost £18, and all I had was a £20 note, needing the remaining £2 for parking (despite always tipping). When the cunt realised I needed change with no prospect of a tip, he got in a right tizwas, having a little hissy fit, literally throwing £2 into my hand and tersely saying 'ok' instead of 'thank you'. I also didn't get my usual air freshener. What a fucking rude cunt. Not only did he lose the chance of £2 next time, he also convinced me to try another place full of probably equally rude Slavic gorillas not too far in the other direction.

Despite it being priced to attract tips, if a product costs £18 then it costs £18. Either feel privileged to be sharing the same oxygen as me, while you bring more road congestion, longer waiting room times, inherent cash trade/tax system-disrepute and rising crime rates to the table, or fuck off back to the piss-poor stinking cesspit from where you were shat out. Cheeky cunts.

Dont worry Wolfie, we're out of the EU. They'll be sent packing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the Judge has splashed out some DLA on a nitrous oxide kit for his beloved mobility scooter?

On a nitrogen related note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Billy said:

My car tyres are normally 34 psi so I deflated all 4 by 5 psi (approx 22%) to 29psi and instructed KwikFit to top them up to 34psi with nitrogen, reducing the cost of £5 per corner to £3.80p per corner, totalling £15.20p. The total amount I saved being £4.80p, which I spent in the Witherspoons next door,  on 2 pints of extra strong cider. Unfortunately I got arrested for drink driving, after crashing the car into a school minibus on my way home. Fortunately all the possible witnesses who were in the minibus did not survive and my solicitor says I should get a 12 month ban at the most. Apparently all four tyres were completely bald and he’s working on a defence strategy which could see the manager of the tyre place go down for life. I do hope so. He has ginger hair and a pony tail.

Slicks grip better. 

Job done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2020 at 20:09, King Billy said:

My car tyres are normally 34 psi so I deflated all 4 by 5 psi (approx 22%) to 29psi and instructed KwikFit to top them up to 34psi with nitrogen, reducing the cost of £5 per corner to £3.80p per corner, totalling £15.20p. The total amount I saved being £4.80p, which I spent in the Witherspoons next door,  on 2 pints of extra strong cider. Unfortunately I got arrested for drink driving, after crashing the car into a school minibus on my way home. Fortunately all the possible witnesses who were in the minibus did not survive and my solicitor says I should get a 12 month ban at the most. Apparently all four tyres were completely bald and he’s working on a defence strategy which could see the manager of the tyre place go down for life. I do hope so. He has ginger hair and a pony tail.

I went to school with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Slicks grip better. 

Job done.

I’ve reported Lewis Hamilton to Northamptonshire Police for driving with four completely bald tyres last July. He was openly boasting about speeding at over 200 MPH too. I’ve also let them know that he’s duskier than most Anglo Saxons so probably stole the car. Hopefully I’ll get a substantial reward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, King Billy said:

I’ve reported Lewis Hamilton to Northamptonshire Police for driving with four completely bald tyres last July. He was openly boasting about speeding at over 200 MPH too. I’ve also let them know that he’s duskier than most Anglo Saxons so probably stole the car. Hopefully I’ll get a substantial reward.

I hate that little wanker. James Hunt would have kicked the little Oik in the bollocks and shagged his girlfriend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...