CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Homelessness.

Guest 'eavensabove

Guest Alfie Noakes
1 hour ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Nothing wrong with tax avoidance which isn't breaking any laws. Tax evasion is, and until you can get your tiny mind round that I would leave government finance to the grown ups. We're you in the same maths class as Abbott - the - Hut?

Cunts like you are the cause of the lack of govt funds all avoidance schemes as well as evasion should be outlawed. You really reacted to my post, guilty conscience I presume, I have an A grade A level maths and know my thousands, millions, billions (bothfinancial and mathematical) so go fry your face you drooling retarded spastic.

I pay over £10,000 in tax a year. Since when are you qualified to do any of the above that you say you are better qualified to comment on? You are the biggest dickhead on here so I assume you are related to Punkape with your outburst, you are one of the irresponsible avoiding cunts costing the country billions a year.

Guest Alfie Noakes
1 hour ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Nothing wrong with tax avoidance which isn't breaking any laws. Tax evasion is, and until you can get your tiny mind round that I would leave government finance to the grown ups. We're you in the same maths class as Abbott - the - Hut?

Fuck off punkape

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
7 hours ago, Marty Feldman Noakes said:

Cunts like you are the cause of the lack of govt funds all avoidance schemes as well as evasion should be outlawed. You really reacted to my post, guilty conscience I presume, I have an A grade A level maths and know my thousands, millions, billions (bothfinancial and mathematical) so go fry your face you drooling retarded spastic.

I pay over £10,000 in tax a year. Since when are you qualified to do any of the above that you say you are better qualified to comment on? You are the biggest dickhead on here so I assume you are related to Punkape with your outburst, you are one of the irresponsible avoiding cunts costing the country billions a year.

Oh well I'm glad to see you've taken my reality check so well. Anyhow, I hear of a lot more stories of persons committing benefit misdemeanors than tax avoidance. So go figure.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
8 hours ago, nobgobbler said:

There is a fine line though. They invented PAYE for a reason, which presumably was to ensure that any money earned in the UK is taxed. Just because sticking massive amounts of money in offshore accounts etc is legal, it doesn't make it fair on less affluent taxpayers who pay every penny that's due at source therefore in full and on time. So that they can afford to let some enjoy the benefit of tax avoidance, the HMRC cunts are flailing about trying to find any possible way to rob the rest of us. Some time soon, landlords are going to have to declare every three months, which is nothing more than discrimination. I'm reluctant to pay my accountant 4 times a year, but I'll have no choice as any errors I make would cost me shit loads in fines. The cunts are taking the piss.

There is a fine line and I bet you don't pay all of the tax on the nice things for your own residence when you have a rental property you can lose it on. Am I right? You can't blame people for working within the legalities of the system but you have an account to make sure you stay on the right side of the fence.

Guest nobgobbler
24 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

There is a fine line and I bet you don't pay all of the tax on the nice things for your own residence when you have a rental property you can lose it on. Am I right? You can't blame people for working within the legalities of the system but you have an account to make sure you stay on the right side of the fence.

Then you would lose your bet. No I don't blame people for working within the legalities of the system, my grievance is that such a system exists in the first place, when the country is on its arse. 

Guest Lady Penelope
11 hours ago, Mingeeta said:

Can't be that dark pen, its a fucking big gaping hole..

What, like the devil's arse n the peak district?

20 hours ago, nobgobbler said:

There is a fine line though. They invented PAYE for a reason, which presumably was to ensure that any money earned in the UK is taxed. Just because sticking massive amounts of money in offshore accounts etc is legal, it doesn't make it fair on less affluent taxpayers who pay every penny that's due at source therefore in full and on time. So that they can afford to let some enjoy the benefit of tax avoidance, the HMRC cunts are flailing about trying to find any possible way to rob the rest of us. Some time soon, landlords are going to have to declare every three months, which is nothing more than discrimination. I'm reluctant to pay my accountant 4 times a year, but I'll have no choice as any errors I make would cost me shit loads in fines. The cunts are taking the piss.

This is no different to most businesses filing quarterly VAT returns. You've probably elected to use cash rather than accrual accounting but whatever method is best for you a simple accounting program e.g Intuit QuickBooks, will remove the hassle, surely?

Guest nobgobbler
1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

This is no different to most businesses filing quarterly VAT returns. You've probably elected to use cash rather than accrual accounting but whatever method is best for you a simple accounting program e.g Intuit QuickBooks, will remove the hassle, surely?

That's not really the point. This is personal income tax that all other self employed people declare annually. Why should landlords be treated differently? I suspect it's the thin end of the wedge.

1 hour ago, nobgobbler said:

That's not really the point. This is personal income tax that all other self employed people declare annually. Why should landlords be treated differently? I suspect it's the thin end of the wedge.

Sounds like a quick fix to appease lower income workers who are peeved that most of their monthly wage goes on rent. When you find yourself in such a situation it's easy to imagine your landlord as some rich cunt, reclined on a chaise lounge whilst being fed fresh grapes by topless concubines and fanned with palm leaves, as you sit down to your Tesco Value noodle cup, because branded Pot Noodles are too extravagant for you.

Of course they don't mention the fact that Thatcher's government started selling off social housing on the cheap to tenets and pocketing the cash with no intention of building replacement homes, thus causing the entire housing crisis and high rent shit-storm that we witness today, better to just point the finger at the landlords and hope the peasants they house are dumb and selfish enough to miss who the real cunts are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nobgobbler said:

I know what point you are making, I was addressing the issue of paying an accountant four times a year which is not necessary.

I agree the requirements to pay quarterly seems discriminatory though I suspect the reasons are other than the one you have given. As you know, if you are principally a residential landlord, you've had to revise your profit & loss margins and return on equity percentages as the mortgage interest relief is currently being phased out. (For the uninitiated, landlords could treat all of the interest component in any borrowings as a cost item on the P&L sheet. This will eventually be reduced to only 20% of the value) I believe this is part of an agenda to cool down the housing market which has overheated, due in part to Buy To Let house purchasers flooding the market. Amazingly, the government's official line on the tax changes is that this will not impact on house prices nor rent levels but may marginally reduce demand. Depending on how high your residential portfolio is and the extent of your borrowings you may wish to speak with a good tax accountant and become a Limited Company (who can still treat all interest as a cost item) or leave the residential market and invest in commercial space (avoid retail for the moment).

Guest 'eavensabove
Just now, Mrs Roops said:

I know what point you are making, I was addressing the issue of paying an accountant four times a year which is not necessary.

I agree the requirements to pay quarterly seems discriminatory though I suspect the reasons are other than the one you have given. As you know, if you are principally a residential landlord, you've had to revise your profit & loss margins and return on equity percentages as the mortgage interest relief is currently being phased out. (For the uninitiated, landlords could treat all of the interest component in any borrowings as a cost item on the P&L sheet. This will eventually be reduced to only 20% of the value) I believe this is part of an agenda to cool down the housing market which has overheated, due in part to Buy To Let house purchasers flooding the market. Amazingly, the government's official line on the tax changes is that this will not impact on house prices nor rent levels but may marginally reduce demand. Depending on how high your residential portfolio is and the extent of your borrowings you may wish to speak with a good tax accountant and become a Limited Company (who can still treat all interest as a cost item) or leave the residential market and invest in commercial space (avoid retail for the moment).

... and what point are you therefore making about homelessness

5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yet another subject Roops is an expert on! Is there no end to her talents?

Guest Snatch
Just now, Ape said:

It would seem not. I did hear she is helping N. Korea when their rocket building programme.

Just now, Mrs Roops said:

None whatsoever, why haven't you posed the same question to other punters?

Because you aren't a regular punter? You're a mod ignoring the original point of a nom to push your own agenda. This isn't even on the open corner.

Shame, Roops. Shame.

• Like 1

Guest 'eavensabove
20 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Sounds like a quick fix to appease lower income workers who are peeved that most of their monthly wage goes on rent. When you find yourself in such a situation it's easy to imagine your landlord as some rich cunt, reclined on a chaise lounge whilst being fed fresh grapes by topless concubines and fanned with palm leaves, as you sit down to your Tesco Value noodle cup, because branded Pot Noodles are too extravagant for you.

Of course they don't mention the fact that Thatcher's government started selling off social housing on the cheap to tenets and pocketing the cash with no intention of building replacement homes, thus causing the entire housing crisis and high rent shit-storm that we witness today, better to just point the finger at the landlords and hope the peasants they house are dumb and selfish enough to miss who the real cunts are.

It would once take 3 years to save enough for a deposit on a mortgage... It now takes the average person 20 years. Nobody can point the blame at ALL landlords for making rent charges what they are, or the cost of housing, but wage increases fall well short of what the average person needs in order to live. If the Councils (for example) built more housing and sold it at cost, then it would go someway to help. They should not be a profit-making or profit orientated 'Company' and although I make you right about Thatcher, what was done has been done and it should no longer be the excuse... It can cost as little as £25k to build a home and even less if they were to bring back pre-fabs which many who lived in them swore by them. Modern-day mobile homes could address the National shortage of affordable places in which to live and the sooner they bring them back wide-scale, then the better in my book. 

Guest 'eavensabove
6 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

None whatsoever, why haven't you posed the same question to other punters?

YOU, are a Mod, I shouldn't have to?

Surely, if you wish to go mental on facts & figures, percentages and other crap, then open a new Nom. 

12 minutes ago, Ape said:

A few years back I went with my husband to a local council-run landlord's forum meeting mainly out of interest (property investment is his gig). I was struck how a good proportion of landlords were too emotionally tied to the properties and didn't take a business-like approach. Other things I noted was that the meeting was dull but the council provided an excellent buffet afterwards!

Guest 'eavensabove
1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

A few years back I went with my husband to local council-run landlord's forum meeting mainly out of interest (property investment is his gig). I was struck how a good proportion of landlords were too emotionally tied to the properties and didn't take a business-like approach. Other things I noted was that the meeting was dull but the council provided an excellent buffet afterwards!

Lava Bread?

3 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

YOU, are a Mod, I shouldn't have to?

Surely, if you wish to go mental on facts & figures, percentages and other crap, then open a new Nom. 

One of the things that attracted me to the site was that a nom will often meander from the subject nom and return back to the same subject. Some of the meanderings are quite surreal and lends a certain eccentricity to The Corner and is IMHO, a unique selling point. The Admin/mods, if around, will ensure there is no Punkape-type derailing at the beginning but we do not wish to micro-manage the situation by continually barking out orders to "stay on track".

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

One of the things that attracted me to the site was that a nom will often meander from the subject nom and return back to the same subject. Some of the meanderings are quite surreal and lends a certain eccentricity to The Corner and is IMHO, a unique selling point. The Admin/mods, if around, will ensure there is no Punkape-type derailing at the beginning but we do not wish to micro-manage the situation by continually barking out orders to "stay on track".

The temptation must be there to just ban cunts like that 'eavens sometimes though, right?

I would.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

in a nutshell buy to let will be unattractive to most landlords by 2020 as most have at least 80% of the property value on mortgage. The smart cunts will be unloading their property portfolio now. Good news for the average first time buyer cunt trying to get on the ladder.