CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Shitty Computers

Roadkill

Currently writing this on my bedtime wanking laptop because by main machine has become a three-hundred quid paperweight. I tried installing Windows 7 so that I could gain access to the 80% of my Steam game library that isn't designed for Linux and ended up with some bullshit message about no drivers for the CD/DVD drive - I then decided to install an old copy of XP to see if I could update it through there and got as far as wiping the old Linux partition off the hard drive before it decided to stop halfway through formatting the disk for the XP install to tell me the disk was damaged and I could go fuck myself. Now the only chance I have of making it work is to sit for five hours as my smut machine slowly chugs it's way through downloading the Linux ISO file to create a new USB boot pen and end up exactly where I started off at. I'm seriously considering just flogging the overpriced, unreliable piece of shit to some spotty little nerd who gets hard at the thought of being elbow deep in brightly coloured, Asperger pleasing PC cases... @Cuntybaws...?

I know more about ancient aliens and Bigfoot than I do about computers so I will declare myself unqualified to reply to this load of shit.

I avoid the PC with Windows 8.1 and do everything on an Android tablet as part of my KISS (Keep it simple,stupid) life philosophy.

Guest Alfie Noakes
57 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Currently writing this on my bedtime wanking laptop because by main machine has become a three-hundred quid paperweight. I tried installing Windows 7 so that I could gain access to the 80% of my Steam game library that isn't designed for Linux and ended up with some bullshit message about no drivers for the CD/DVD drive - I then decided to install an old copy of XP to see if I could update it through there and got as far as wiping the old Linux partition off the hard drive before it decided to stop halfway through formatting the disk for the XP install to tell me the disk was damaged and I could go fuck myself. Now the only chance I have of making it work is to sit for five hours as my smut machine slowly chugs it's way through downloading the Linux ISO file to create a new USB boot pen and end up exactly where I started off at. I'm seriously considering just flogging the overpriced, unreliable piece of shit to some spotty little nerd who gets hard at the thought of being elbow deep in brightly coloured, Asperger pleasing PC cases... @Cuntybaws...?

Take it to PC world Mr Gadd.

4 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Well obviously you can download and burn an iso, but it's not really worth the time and hassle. There are a few Linux buffs on eBay who will sell you an operation system for a couple of quid. They don't make any money out of it, the two pounds is just to cover the cost of eBay fees, P&P and the CD.

13 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

Well obviously you can download and burn an iso, but it's not really worth the time and hassle. There are a few Linux buffs on eBay who will sell you an operation system for a couple of quid. They don't make any money out of it, the two pounds is just to cover the cost of eBay fees, P&P and the CD.

Yeah, obviously. I bet there are thick cunts out there that didn’t know that. Fucking idiots.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rick_B said:

While someone like Quincy – a bloodsucking financial rapist – would consider this philosophy alien, I also do not understand why anyone would work for absolutely nothing. Please put your legendary capitalist principles on display and explain this to me.

1 hour ago, Rick_B said:

Last time I ordered a Linux cd it was corrupted, hence why I started burning ISO's in the first place. Waiting for a disk to arrive in the post still takes longer than doing it yourself anyway. I dug out an old copy of 17.2 I had lying around anyway - only 32bit but it'll do for now.

11 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Last time I ordered a Linux cd it was corrupted, hence why I started burning ISO's in the first place. Waiting for a disk to arrive in the post still takes longer than doing it yourself anyway. I dug out an old copy of 17.2 I had lying around anyway - only 32bit but it'll do for now.

Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of Kings,

How some have been deposed,

Some sleeping killed,

All murdered......

• Like 1

Guest luke swarm
18 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

mmm really, that sounds absolutely fascinating, so what did you do next call Rick for advice. 

You stupid cunt Roadkill, you have gone and put me on the same side as Spunkrape, a position which I always tried to avoid. 

27 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I'm with mank, punkers and every other non sad cunt on planet earth on this one killer. You and Rick happily discuss whatever the fuck it is you're talking about (fucked if I know) and report back when you're both have the cigarette. 

Now where's apple and the cricket thread....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, luke swarm said:

mmm really, that sounds absolutely fascinating, so what did you do next call Rick for advice. 

You stupid cunt Roadkill, you have gone and put me on the same side as Spunkrape, a position which I always tried to avoid. 

Now now. Standing alongside him at least keeps him from getting behind you - that must count for something.

I have to be careful around Rick - he's dreadfully intimidated by me and has panic banned me on multiple occasions out of sheer terror.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

I'm with mank, punkers and every other non sad cunt on planet earth on this one killer. You and Rick happily discuss whatever the fuck it is you're talking about (fucked if I know) and report back when you're both have the cigarette. 

Now where's apple and the cricket thread....

You know when the tape in your ZX Spectrum used to get chewed up in the mechanism? Basically that.

2 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Now now. Standing alongside him at least keeps him from getting behind you - that must count for something.

I have to be careful around Rick - he's dreadfully intimidated by me and has panic banned me on multiple occasions out of sheer terror.

Only in your over-vivid imagination. I only banned you once for a very short time and I didn't give you a permanent warning point.

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

While someone like Quincy – a bloodsucking financial rapist – would consider this philosophy alien, I also do not understand why anyone would work for absolutely nothing. Please put your legendary capitalist principles on display and explain this to me.

Because to the Linux community it's not work it's a labour of love. Linux is intended to be a free open-source operating system, in other words the opposite of Microsoft Windows.

35 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

Only in your over-vivid imagination. I only banned you once for a very short time and I didn't give you a permanent warning point.

:rolleyes:

And why was that again? Maybe because I called you out for bullying poor Piston and stood against your tyranny - shaking you to your cowardly foundations and making you a mockery in front of the entire corner? Yes it worked out quite well that there was no permanent damage to my reputation for you, didn't it?

Then you had me banned again by proxy through Roops - letting her take the fall when you cowered behind her like a mewling, grubby faced child who knows he's getting the belt when daddy comes home.

:rolleyes: indeed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roadkill said:

.....and roadkill sighed his English breath in foreign clouds,

Eating the bitter bread of banishment. 

Fucking hell, punkers has got me at the shakespeare quotes now. 

13 hours ago, Roadkill said:

I understood approximately 1% of that. But one thing that always makes my shit hang sideways was the fucking photos on the box or package of smiling cunts lounging about on sofas operating whatever was in the box or package you bought that doesn't do what it's supposed to fucking do.