CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Carillion

Eddie

I have never agreed with Vince Cable on anything, not once, until now. Why should the governent use our tax money to bail out another failing, incompetent company. Just like the banks, Carillion is 'to big to fail'. It seems that the tax payer ends up owning the companies that end up broke, yet the companies in the black keep all their profits and avoid tax as far as legally possible. Fuck the share holders and investors, they will have to take a hit for once.

• Like 1

Guest White van man

At least we won't be bailing out full countries so we've made a start. It's sickening to watch our government acting like puppets getting fisted like Phillip Schofields gopher by big business. The man on the street has had enough of these Eton pratts. Hence Trump. What have they got to lose. No one has any sympathy if banks go under. They got millions in bonuses while thousand lost their life savings. Thanks mainly to the internet, the public are getting a larger voice. 

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I have never agreed with Vince Cable on anything, not once, until now. Why should the governent use our tax money to bail out another failing, incompetent company. Just like the banks, Carillion is 'to big to fail'. It seems that the tax payer ends up owning the companies that end up broke, yet the companies in the black keep all their profits and avoid tax as far as legally possible. Fuck the share holders and investors, they will have to take a hit for once.

Whilst I find myself also shocked to hold a similar stance to Vince Cable, undoubtedly like yourself, I still would like to see the Lib Dems absolutely annihilated and finished off as even a minor political force at the next election.

Their actions during the coalition were a fucking disgrace and it sickens me that one of their last strongholds is North Norfolk. If I had my way, Cable, Farron, Clegg, Lamb et al would be daubed in swaztikas and left to get an absolute fucking kicking in a militant university safe space of my choice.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, White van man said:

At least we won't be bailing out full countries so we've made a start. It's sickening to watch our government acting like puppets getting fisted like Phillip Schofields gopher by big business. The man on the street has had enough of these Eton pratts. Hence Trump. What have they got to lose. No one has any sympathy if banks go under. They got millions in bonuses while thousand lost their life savings. Thanks mainly to the internet, the public are getting a larger voice. 

Enjoy that while it lasts. Cunts are already scrambling to control that too. They're everywhere, man! Everywhere!

Guest White van man
5 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Enjoy that when it lasts. Cunts are already scrambling to control that too. They're everywhere, man! Everywhere!

They are everywhere ha. I think Teresa May realises she's been put in government to serve us. The last two clowns Cameron and Osbourne thought we were all slaves working for them and their buddies

Just now, White van man said:

They are everywhere ha. I think Teresa May realises she's been put in government to serve us. The last two clowns Cameron and Osbourne thought we were all slaves working for them and their buddies

Its all bullshit. Cunts should be made to work voluntarily if they genuinely care about the well being of the country. May is a single minded cunt who can't focus on more than one issue at a time, Corbyn is a doddering old spacker who likes to run his mouth despite having no actual solutions to problems, and I don't even know what irrelevant cunt has the captain's chair over at the Lib Dems - but I don't fucking like them, whoever they are. 

I imagine that there are a very substantial number of headless chickens running around in government circles right now. The problem of course is that Carillion is a very major part of the privatisation and outsourcing program that's been going on under Tory and New Labour Tory governments since the days of Thatcher. If it goes under what happens next? Then there is the little matter of the broken pension fund. If that's allowed to go under too an awful lot of people are going to conclude that they might as well spend their money now, because they could save for a pension all their working lives and still end up with nothing.

Guest Earl Albert of Ross (Bt)
1 minute ago, Rick_B said:

I imagine that there are a very substantial number of headless chickens running around in government circles right now. The problem of course is that Carillion is a very major part of the privatisation and outsourcing program that's been going on under Tory and New Labour Tory governments since the days of Thatcher. If it goes under what happens next? Then there is the little matter of the broken pension fund. If that's allowed to go under too an awful lot of people are going to conclude that they might as well spend their money now, because they could save for a pension all their working lives and still end up with nothing.

Jezza will sorts it all out.

The chairman of Carillon was an adviser to Theresa May on corporate responsibility, LOL. You could not make it up. A company with £600m pension deficit that protected execs' bonuses up to the bitter end and ripped off their workers pensions. The writing has been on the wall for Carillon, HSBC unloaded all their shares over the last year, however our government moved on regardless, awarding 2 billion worth of contracts in the last year, now the same incompetent cunts in government are using tax payers money to bail them out. 

Guest judgetwi

You can bet your life that a lot of the directors and shareholders will be members of the House of Lords or, at least, big pals with the dirty politicians who have their snouts in the taxpayer trough. Fucking criminal scum the lot of them.

As for that piece of shit Cable someone should remind him that, when he was growing up, a cunt like him would have been taken to the Tower , lashed to a chair, and filled full of holes......courtesy of the Lee Enfield rifle. Cunt.

People have overlooked the main reason for the fuck-up.

The company was Wolverhampton based. The world's top linguists didn't have a scooby what the thick cunts were trying to say. I heard the Crossrail was meant to be the M27 but the Brummie scribblings were so bad that even Alan Turing turned gay and offed himself.

9 hours ago, judgetwi said:

You can bet your life that a lot of the directors and shareholders will be members of the House of Lords or, at least, big pals with the dirty politicians who have their snouts in the taxpayer trough. Fucking criminal scum the lot of them.

As for that piece of shit Cable someone should remind him that, when he was growing up, a cunt like him would have been taken to the Tower , lashed to a chair, and filled full of holes......courtesy of the Lee Enfield rifle. Cunt.

Agree about Cable. His actions concerning the sell off of the royal mail were grounds for imprisonment. Orange book wanker.

Guest Lady Penelope
3 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

Of course he will - until other people's money runs out

The money is never someone else's money belongs to whatever the system is and it replaces the exchange of one kind of goods or service for another kind of the same. Part of the problem is that in the past 60 years property prices have multiplied by 200 times or more (around 10 times the true rate of inflation). This has resulted in the baby boomers inheriting the houses that their parents paid something between £1000 to £5000 between the early 1960s and late 1970s. That money was generated by the artificially inflated "value" of the housing stock, with houses that should now be selling at around £25,000 to £50,000 selling for £200,000 to £500,000 and upward .. that excess "value" is unearned and the problem with aything that is unearned is that someone else has to pay for it .. in this case it the 20 and 30 somethings who are earning good wages but cannot afford to buy starter homes .. homes that should be on the market for around £25,000 upwards but are on the market instead for £200,000. The end results is that they are paying for the baby boomers unearned excesses in retirement. It is not about capitalism being a failure but about capitalism being failed. Going back a decade to the 2008 banking crash, I lost a lot of money, the government bailing out the bank meant that I did not lose everything, however I would probably have been better off if the government had not bailed out the banks and I had lost everything, the reason being that the bailout of the banks greatly slowed the recovery and greatly prolonged austerity.

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
4 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

The money is never someone else's money belongs to whatever the system is and it replaces the exchange of one kind of goods or service for another kind of the same. Part of the problem is that in the past 60 years property prices have multiplied by 200 times or more (around 10 times the true rate of inflation). This has resulted in the baby boomers inheriting the houses that their parents paid something between £1000 to £5000 between the early 1960s and late 1970s. That money was generated by the artificially inflated "value" of the housing stock, with houses that should now be selling at around £25,000 to £50,000 selling for £200,000 to £500,000 and upward .. that excess "value" is unearned and the problem with aything that is unearned is that someone else has to pay for it .. in this case it the 20 and 30 somethings who are earning good wages but cannot afford to buy starter homes .. homes that should be on the market for around £25,000 upwards but are on the market instead for £200,000. The end results is that they are paying for the baby boomers unearned excesses in retirement. It is not about capitalism being a failure but about capitalism being failed. Going back a decade to the 2008 banking crash, I lost a lot of money, the government bailing out the bank meant that I did not lose everything, however I would probably have been better off if the government had not bailed out the banks and I had lost everything, the reason being that the bailout of the banks greatly slowed the recovery and greatly prolonged austerity.

Paragraph breaks. It’s too daunting otherwise, especially given the source.

One could not begin to eat a whole barrowload of cold porridge , but one could probably manage a few saucers, if you take my meaning, which is as good as it will get.

1 hour ago, Lady Penelope said:

I can't get past your first sentence, let alone deal with the rest of this hyper-punctuated splurge

• Like 1

Guest White van man
3 hours ago, Lady Penelope said:

It is someone elses money. It's our money that we pay in tax, but hopefully Cornyn doesn't get anywhere near it.

Not really the baby boomers fault. Its supply and demand. With demand more than the supply. People living longer and 300,000 a year immigration increase the demand. Massive house building projects being started will increase the supply and leaving the EU will ease the demand, which will bring house prices down to an affordable level for first time buyers. All the boys from Carrilion can get work on the new building sites. Everyones happy. 

Guest Lady Penelope
19 hours ago, White van man said:

It is someone elses money. It's our money that we pay in tax, but hopefully Cornyn doesn't get anywhere near it.

You forget about the people who avoid paying the taxes that they should pay. Large corporations,certain wealthy individuals .. a certain beardy gentleman comes to mind. The owner of the Daily Mail and the company itself does not pay uk tax. Corbyn might be a cunt but there is a better chance that he and his ilk will pursue the tax avoiding/evading cunts. Tax actually pays for services that are provided. It does actually cease to be "our money" once we pay it just as the money we pay for food and other essentials and services ceases to be ours once we hand the money over.

36 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

You forget about the people who avoid paying the taxes that they should pay. Large corporations,certain wealthy individuals .. a certain beardy gentleman comes to mind. The owner of the Daily Mail and the company itself does not pay uk tax. Corbyn might be a cunt but there is a better chance that he and his ilk will pursue the tax avoiding/evading cunts. Tax actually pays for services that are provided. It does actually cease to be "our money" once we pay it just as the money we pay for food and other essentials and services ceases to be ours once we hand the money over.

Getting philosophical on yo' ass but since we (the people) elect our government to serve us and we also engage with them in a social contract in that the taxes we pay will be spent wisely for a common good, I'd maintain it was very much 'our money'.

Your points re the Bransons, Starbucks, Googles etc, whilst undoubtedly true, are irrelevant.