CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

May Giving It The Biggun.

Decimus

Guest Couldn't give a shit

I think one very important dimension of the Syria conflict that most people seem to be ignoring is that any western intervention is going to undoubtedly strengthen the position of the Kurds who are currently treading on thin ice with Turkey who have made it very clear that they will not tolerate an autonomous Kurdish state on their borders. Turkey is a NATO member and an important one from a regional point of view yet they have said precisely fuck all about recent events which leads me to the conclusion that they have been given certain assurances that any military action will be very limited. 

This kind of shit used to happen on a regular basis during the 70 and 80s during the numerous proxy wars the that the US and the Soviets used to wage in Africa and Latin America. This is just an extreme game of dick measuring, trust me.

15 hours ago, Decimus said:

Theresa May has called an emergency cabinet meeting in order to discuss the UK joining the USA and France in military action against the Assad regime in Syria. Rumour has it she is looking to bypass parliament in order to not upset Trump by possibly risking a no vote.

Regardless of the fact that the UK military consists of little more than a naval rubber duck and some aged Tornado jets that are about as much use as a squadron of Sopwith Camels, she is risking becoming embroiled in a potential military confrontation with Russia.

And for what? A barbaric load of Arabs have killed another slightly less barbaric load of Arabs, in a country thousands of miles away. It's got fuck all to do with us, and if Trump wants to posture with his dick out then we shouldn't be metaphorically hiding behind his skirts whilst chucking the military equivalent of a couple of rocks.

The last thing this country needs is to become embroiled in yet another Middle Eastern debacle, with the added potential of having the Russians pull our pants down to tan our post-imperial, irrelevant arse.

The haggard Thatcher-lite old cunt May should leave international military posturing to countries actually capable of doing it and concentrate on sorting out the fucking shambles of exiting the EU that she is presiding over. 

Fucking deluded, blue-rinsed cunt.

OTOH, Western dick-waving has, for now realised some dividends of sorts. Putin and the Kremlin have scaled back the sabre rattling so lets see what happens. Russia was taken aback with the world's reaction to the Skripal incident. They thought the response would be limited to a local difficulty lasting a few days as per the Litvinenko affair. It was a serious miscalculation and Russia now find themselves becoming a pariah state and its now beginning to hurt financially. Despite operating a trade surplus for a number of years the trade balance is reversing. Russia had planned a sale of debt but the international bond market was having none of it so now the Kremlin is resorting to offload a tranche of its precious dollar stockpile. One mo' thing; for all it much vaunted military might, the bulk of its hardware is technologically decades behind western firepower.

23 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

OTOH, Western dick-waving has, for now realised some dividends of sorts. Putin and the Kremlin have scaled back the sabre rattling so lets see what happens. Russia was taken aback with the world's reaction to the Skripal incident. They thought the response would be limited to a local difficulty lasting a few days as per the Litvinenko affair. It was a serious miscalculation and Russia now find themselves becoming a pariah state and its now beginning to hurt financially. Despite operating a trade surplus for a number of years the trade balance is reversing. Russia had planned a sale of debt but the international bond market was having none of it so now the Kremlin is resorting to offload a tranche of its precious dollar stockpile. One mo' thing; for all it much vaunted military might, the bulk of its hardware is technologically decades behind western firepower.

I'm all in favour for adopting a tough stance with Russia when they perpetrate an attack on British soil that puts our citizens in danger. What I'm not willing to accept is taking military action against Syria, it's not our place or responsibility. As previously stated, I acknowledge the Assad regime as being despotic and brutal, but when has attempting to play the world's policeman in the post-imperial era ever benefited the countries whose affairs we have meddled in?

As for Russian military hardware, it might be inferior in quality, but in terms of size it dwarfs the UK's output. The American's might be able to go toe-to-toe with Russia, but with a nuclear arsenal that makes our own look like the amateur collection of a child, I don't believe we should antagonise them when it's avoidable.

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

Interesting

Guest Bill Stickers
35 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Interesting

Your current affairs knowledge can’t extend much further than whatever human interest stories they run on This Morning.

Brain dead fucking idiot.

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

I'm all in favour for adopting a tough stance with Russia when they perpetrate an attack on British soil that puts our citizens in danger. What I'm not willing to accept is taking military action against Syria, it's not our place or responsibility. As previously stated, I acknowledge the Assad regime as being despotic and brutal, but when has attempting to play the world's policeman in the post-imperial era ever benefited the countries whose affairs we have meddled in?...

Well, Kosovo and Sierra Leone springs to mind. It goes wrong when military intervention has no end game plan, Iraq and Libya being the most recent examples. At present no one is suggesting direct military operations to effect regime change. What Trump (though he too has reined back the bombastic rhetoric of late) Macron and May are advocating is a short, sharp shock to give the message that countries which flagrantly break rules as agreed by the Chemical Weapons Convention will pay a price. Britain does have the hardware in the form of cruise missiles to ram the message home. Incidentally the Tornado, which you disparage is a capable all-weather ground attack delivery platform (AFIK its one of the few aircraft still around that can be used as an effective runway denial weapon). However its multi-role effectiveness was oversold - as an air superiority fighter it has shown to be inferior.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, William T.D. Stickers said:

Your current affairs knowledge can’t extend much further than whatever human interest stories they run on This Morning.

Really? I don't watch This Morning so I wouldn't know. 

I thought Roops comments were interesting. So that's why I said it. 

59 minutes ago, William T.D. Stickers said:

3 hours ago, William T.D. Stickers said:

2 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

She put you right in your place Stickers. What a cocky little tosser you really are.  Go chew on a andouillette.

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, Kosovo and Sierra Leone springs to mind. It goes wrong when military intervention has no end game plan, Iraq and Libya being the most recent examples. At present no one is suggesting direct military operations to effect regime change. What Trump (though he too has reined back the bombastic rhetoric of late) Macron and May are advocating is a short, sharp shock to give the message that countries which flagrantly break rules as agreed by the Chemical Weapons Convention will pay a price. Britain does have the hardware in the form of cruise missiles to ram the message home. Incidentally the Tornado, which you disparage is a capable all-weather ground attack delivery platform (AFIK its one of the few aircraft still around that can be used as an effective runway denial weapon). However its multi-role effectiveness was oversold - as an air superiority fighter it has shown to be inferior.

The use of chemical weapons should not be tolerated, but there is a difference in dealing with chemical attacks on domestic soil and those carried out in a foreign country. I think that the message since the Salisbury attack is quite clear, that as a country we are willing to impose sanctions and deal with the threat in a robust nature.

What I don't see the need for is to potentially risk a military conflict with a dominant nuclear power over the use of chemical weapons in another country, especially when the political situation in Syria isn't as cut and dry as Assad equals bad, rebels equals good. It's a domestic affair regardless of international law, which let's not forget the west has broken when it has suited its own interests, and it should be left to play out as one. If Russia wishes to involve itself then that is their decision, but there are absolutely no benefits for the UK in getting involved.

Taking a tough stance over Syria and playing a game of international brinkmanship with Putin isn't the same as standing up to Russian ambitions when the impact is directly felt by ourselves or our allies in NATO. Direct involvement simply isn't worth the risks involved, and the time and place to confront Russia isn't now and it's certainly not in Syria.

Guest Bill Stickers
13 minutes ago, Witheredscrote said:

She put you right in your place Stickers. What a cocky little tosser you really are.  Go chew on a andouillette.

Imagine being so irrelevant these days that you side with gyps. You used to be somebody on here withers.

Washed up terminal old cunt.

13 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Ruskies are boundary pokers. .they usually back off when it looks like it could get hot 

Panzerknacker 

Not really panzybaby, they annexed Crimea with impunity and have done the same in eastern Ukraine. If the yanks and us had sent the fleet out or massed NATO troop nearby do you think Ivan would have scuttled home? I agree with @Mrs Roops comments regarding the scope of any military strikes on Syria to give them a warning that this shite isn't acceptable and to destroy their capability of doing it any. Furthermore I also agree that our military hardware, although numerically inferior, is light years ahead of the rushkies, but don't think bombing them and killing a few more is going to help.

As for webbos thinking of what's it got to do with us, well yes, they may be barbaric Arabs 1000s of miles away but if a solution was found 5 years ago, Europe wouldn't be footing the bill for god knows how many migrants/refugees that will no doubt cause social problems for decades to come. Thinking Asaad would capitulate quickly was very wrong as we didn't take into account the very deep relationship he had with Russia (listen to Jeremy Bowen on 5live this morning) and the utter fucking brutality this cunt would go to to survive 

Guest White van man

As a civilised nation, we should do our bit to stop this chemical shit being dropped on kids. Trump sorted little rocket man out. The world needed someone like him in charge. Someone with a set of knackers. Obama could have sorted this chemical shit out but acted like a pussy. We need to stand alongside our allies, we might want them to stand alongside us one day.

2 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

I agree with @Mrs Roops comments regarding the scope of any military strikes on Syria to give them a warning that this shite isn't acceptable and to destroy their capability of doing it any. Furthermore I also agree that our military hardware, although numerically inferior, is light years ahead of the rushkies, but don't think bombing them and killing a few more is going to help.

It doesn't matter how much our military technology is ahead of Russia's in terms of sophistication. The fact remains that any confrontation with them that escalates into an armed conflict would involve our complete annihilation. Of course we are part of NATO and America would not stand on the sidelines, but should he so choose, Putin could destroy all life in the UK by the end of today with a push of a button. 

No matter how miniscule the risk, the situation in Syria does not warrant poking that mad cunt with a stick. I'm also not comfortable with Britain following the lead of another dangerous maniac who is using a genuine humanitarian crisis to deflect from domestic accusations of being far too cosy with Putin. If you believe that an intervention would have anything to do with helping the poor fuckers who have been attacked then you are seriously deluded, Stubby.

Wake up, even you're not this dense.

11 minutes ago, White van man said:

As a civilised nation, we should do our bit to stop this chemical shit being dropped on kids. Trump sorted little rocket man out. The world needed someone like him in charge. Someone with a set of knackers. Obama could have sorted this chemical shit out but acted like a pussy. We need to stand alongside our allies, we might want them to stand alongside us one day.

Just like those yank cunts did over the Falklands? They'd have happily let the Arggies keep it if it wasn't for Maggie grabbing Rony Reagan by the balls. We should have sorted Asaad out years ago rather than just hoping he'd go the same way as those in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. The Ruskies should install their own puppet government to keep things quite. Unfortunately they have zero compassion for human life so henceforth they'll happily back some cunt who used chemical weapons- they did it themselves in that theatre siege..... 

5 minutes ago, Decimus said:

It doesn't matter how much our military technology is ahead of Russia's in terms of sophistication. The fact remains that any confrontation with them that escalates into an armed conflict would involve our complete annihilation. Of course we are part of NATO and America would not stand on the sidelines, but should he so choose, Putin could destroy all life in the UK by the end of today with a push of a button. 

No matter how miniscule the risk, the situation in Syria does not warrant poking that mad cunt with a stick. I'm also not comfortable with Britain following the lead of another dangerous maniac who is using a genuine humanitarian crisis to deflect from domestic accusations of being far too cosy with Putin. If you believe that an intervention would have anything to do with helping the poor fuckers who have been attacked then you are seriously deluded, Stubby.

Wake up, even you're not this dense.

Read it again, fuckstick. I don't think bombing the poor cunts is a good idea. In fact its a fucking stupid one. Poking an angry Russian with nukes isn't really going to happen, surely our leaders are not that "dense". 

Vlad may well be able to destroy the UK, Norfolk included, with one button press, but he's not going to, unless he wants to wipe out 99% of life on planet earth by Sunday tea time.

Guest White van man
7 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Just like those yank cunts did over the Falklands? They'd have happily let the Arggies keep it if it wasn't for Maggie grabbing Rony Reagan by the balls. We should have sorted Asaad out years ago rather than just hoping he'd go the same way as those in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. The Ruskies should install their own puppet government to keep things quite. Unfortunately they have zero compassion for human life so henceforth they'll happily back some cunt who used chemical weapons- they did it themselves in that theatre siege..... 

The Russians gave every Arsenal fan a Russian hat at the Moscow game last night. They might be mellowing abit.

11 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Read it again, fuckstick. I don't think bombing the poor cunts is a good idea. In fact its a fucking stupid one. Poking an angry Russian with nukes isn't really going to happen, surely our leaders are not that "dense". 

Vlad may well be able to destroy the UK, Norfolk included, with one button press, but he's not going to, unless he wants to wipe out 99% of life on planet earth by Sunday tea time.

"I agree with @Mrs Roops comments regarding the scope of any military strikes on Syria to give them a warning that this shite isn't acceptable and to destroy their capability of doing it."

That sounds awfully like you're condoning military action to me, even on a limited scale. Explain yourself, you worm.

14 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

"I agree with @Mrs Roops comments regarding the scope of any military strikes on Syria to give them a warning that this shite isn't acceptable and to destroy their capability of doing it."

That sounds awfully like you're condoning military action to me, even on a limited scale. Explain yourself, you worm.

Guest White van man
Just now, Eric Cuntman said:

Cloth infused with polonium. 

I think Sir Boris comparing Putin to Hitler had the desired affect. Putin make himself look the good guy on the world stage.

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

Maybe I should have worded it more simpler for a ditch dwell flid like you. I'd have thought the fact I said that I think bombing would be a bad idea would have made it easier to paraphrase in your feeble mind that; I agree with roops on the intended reasoning of any possible military strikes. Now fuck off.

Edited by Stubby Pecker
p.s. The old aggro thing is coming along nicely again. Next post let's accuse the other of meltdown time?