CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Northern Rail

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Lady Penelope

A complete and utter fuck-up. TBH not wholly the fault of Arriva as lots of nice new trains are on order and the fuck-up with the Class 319 Flex/Class 379 conversion is hardly their fault either. The real cunt in this is the entire fiasco that rail privatisation is. So stupid that in the case of the South Western franchise there are almost new electric trains that are now entering service  that will shortly be taken out of service because the new franchisee has ordered new trains to replace the new trains! The current setup is totally unfit for purpose along with the cunts who did it in the first place and will not admit that it is a very costly failure. Time to take it all back into state control.

Guest Hector
33 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

Fascinating. 

But true.

If they can't get the railways right - and judging by history, they never fucking will - by far the best thing to do would be to rip up the tracks and tarmac the sodding lot. Emptying the bank accounts of the major share holders could finance the above plan. Then shooting the bastards dead would round off the project nicely. I've got it all sussed.

Guest Earl Albert of Ross (Bt)
3 hours ago, Penelope said:

A complete and utter fuck-up. TBH not wholly the fault of Arriva as lots of nice new trains are on order and the fuck-up with the Class 319 Flex/Class 379 conversion is hardly their fault either. The real cunt in this is the entire fiasco that rail privatisation is. So stupid that in the case of the South Western franchise there are almost new electric trains that are now entering service  that will shortly be taken out of service because the new franchisee has ordered new trains to replace the new trains! The current setup is totally unfit for purpose along with the cunts who did it in the first place and will not admit that it is a very costly failure. Time to take it all back into state control.

When the ECML was under the control of the DfT, it made a profit for HMG and the passengers/customers were happy.

Guest White van man
1 hour ago, Hector said:

But true.

If they can't get the railways right - and judging by history, they never fucking will - by far the best thing to do would be to rip up the tracks and tarmac the sodding lot. Emptying the bank accounts of the major share holders could finance the above plan. Then shooting the bastards dead would round off the project nicely. I've got it all sussed.

Once tarmacked, can be used by homosexual cyclists and dog walkers, picking wild fruit and berries to turn themselves vegan, then change all the stations into 5 a side football pitches for the kids.

Think i got 1 - 5 there baws. 4 included in 2.

44 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

As bad as public ownership was, (in the Australian example anyway - out of control unions, unbelievable waste, strikes etc) to be fair to Pen, private ownership hasn't exactly covered itself in glory either. And that generally holds true for most privatisation ventures.

Well, yes but the whole concept of 'increased competition via the private sector will lead to increased efficiencies' is a flawed one.

How can there be competition in any meaningful form?

You don't have separate rails and rolling stock for the worthy commuter to go '"You know what! I'm feeling a bit nihilistic today. I'm going to  try the 'Jimmy Savile, this-is-the-age-of-consent'  diesel instead of my usual 'Beardy fucking hippy wanker' electro-doxie. Bring it the fuck on!"

What you do get is the fiasco outlined by Pen (with the accelerant of the fucked-up EU procurement rules we have to adhere to) - or you get the 21st Century equivalent of Ray Buckton and his ASLEF stormtroopers downing tools if their staff toilets have those smeary IZAL shitwipes instead of the Basildon Bond, aloe-vera-infused four-ply they had collectively negotiated over beer and sandwiches with the Marx Brothers at Number 10.

Either way, it's a cum-grenade gone off in a shit factory

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hector said:

But true.

I can take care of the tarmac. No problem

Guest Alfie Noakes

In the 1980s I worked as an electrician for Network SouthEast, I witnessed appalling wastes of money everywhere. For example, they used to send 10 men in a crew van to change a light bulb in a signal.

Any form of nationalisation can fuck up in many ways, but in the case of our railways, it would be less of a fuck up if run properly for the benefit of the user and not the owners (shareholders).

Now where are the keys to my Trident?

On 6/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, Penelope said:

Do plebs still use steam trains to get to their work down’t pit?   Fucking archaic mode of transport form the 1800s.