CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Alf Garnett

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Lady Penelope

The Alf Garnett persona was all about telling people just how stupid racism was. Even down to using a stereotypical Jewish looking actor to play the part ..  Very clever .. but too clever for the simpletons at whom it was aimed. It totally failed at what it set out to do with the uneducated masses taking Alf to their hearts and identifying with him as "one of us". In the end all it did was to bring a few previously little known racist or used racist words into the consciousness of the masses.

Indeed. When Warren Mitchell was lauded by members of the public for his character, he used to say he didn't do it for them, he did it because of them.

Looking at the comedy on the box today, I would rather have Alf than that fucking awful Citizen Khan cuntish shit.

Guest luke swarm
1 hour ago, Tanusha said:

The Alf Garnett persona was all about telling people just how stupid racism was. Even down to using a stereotypical Jewish looking actor to play the part ..  Very clever .. but too clever for the simpletons at whom it was aimed. It totally failed at what it set out to do with the uneducated masses taking Alf to their hearts and identifying with him as "one of us". In the end all it did was to bring a few previously little known racist or used racist words into the consciousness of the masses.

and he adored Enoch Powell, you are right though, it missed its mark with that curiously dense section of society who could not decipher its unsubtle nuances. I miss Snatch sometimes. 

Guest Lady Penelope
1 minute ago, luke swarm said:

and he adored Enoch Powell, you are right though, it missed its mark with that curiously dense section of society who could not decipher its unsubtle nuances. I miss Snatch sometimes. 

The best part is that Enoch would have despised him. It is worth looking up what Enoch actually said and wrote throughout his life. The famous "rivers of speech" was more about a cultural rather race war and he despised the likes of the National Front and BNP.

Guest Lady Penelope
1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Indeed. When Warren Mitchell was lauded by members of the public for his character, he used to say he didn't do it for them, he did it because of them.

Looking at the comedy on the box today, I would rather have Alf than that fucking awful Citizen Khan cuntish shit.

The problem is that the media has become so politically correct and anxious not to offend that it is now racist and reinforcing stereotypes and end up missing a chance to show something different. A couple of years ago the BBC rolled out its stock photo for an online article about "modern apprenticeships" the stock photo showed an old skilled white man demonstrating how a machine worked to a young black "apprentice", this in a world where there are now many 50 or 60 something skilled black men or women who might well be showing a young white apprentice how to use a machine.

3 hours ago, Tanusha said:

You silly moo! 

7 hours ago, Tanusha said:

From where did you cut, paste and poach much of this respectable semi-journalism, you typically thick fucking wench?

Guest Lady Penelope
2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

From where did you cut, paste and poach much of this respectable semi-journalism, you typically thick fucking wench?

I do irony Lupo

Guest luke swarm
3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

it has moments of lucidity that are equally both refreshing and startling Wolfie, its a pity that its only for about 5% of the time. Maybe its to do with medication time at the clinic.

Guest Lady Penelope
4 minutes ago, luke swarm said:

it has moments of lucidity that are equally both refreshing and startling Wolfie, its a pity that its only for about 5% of the time. Maybe its to do with medication time at the clinic.

Most people only manage about 1%.

14 minutes ago, luke swarm said:

nonsense, don't be too hard on yourself all the time

Think about it Luke, if a person considers their fellow contributors to be lucid 1% of the the time, and that person is, as you say only lucid themselves 5% of the time, then surely, by their own admission, their fellow contributors must be actually lucid 20% of the time.

numbers don't lie.

Guest Lady Penelope
15 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Think about it Luke, if a person considers their fellow contributors to be lucid 1% of the the time, and that person is, as you say only lucid themselves 5% of the time, then surely, by their own admission, their fellow contributors must be actually lucid 20% of the time.

numbers don't lie.

Sadisticssic are bunk.

11 hours ago, Tanusha said:

I felt dirty and betrayed when I found out alf was Jewish....

On 7/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, Tanusha said:

What a fucking load of shit.  Alf Garnet was broadcast on Tv in the 1960s originally. So was of an era where PC and rascism didn’t exist.  Really, it did not exist.   I know you snowflakes will find it very very hard to accept, but main stream life was a lot less regulated than it is now. There was no nanny state and no one gave ashit about a bunch of newly arrivals.  So for you to say the charachter was created to show how bad rascism was is utter fucking shite.  Your theory is an anachronism, out of time with its real setting.  You are trying to judge and give an opinion on something that simply did not exist in the era of the original setting.    Fuck me I remember watching the black and white minstrel show. Main stream tv early 1970s.   Luv thy neighbour was on the other side.  Rascism laws did not come into affect until much later.  I’m sure you Google earthers will now be putting down your cocks for a moment and searching for facts.  But in a real conversation, one says mid 70s, and moves on.

Warren himself openly stated his character was based on his real self and the opinions were largely his own.   So that also blows the shit out of your poor theory.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, Eddie said:

I felt dirty and betrayed when I found out alf was Jewish....

His wife ended up in a wheelchair and her doctor was black. Hilarious, they don’t write them like that anymore.  Oooh the laughs we had.

Wait, he was Jewish?

2 minutes ago, Monumental cunt said:

What a fucking load of shit.  Alf Garnet was broadcast on Tv in the 1960s originally. So was of an era where PC and rascism didn’t exist.  Really, it did not exist.   I know you snowflakes will find it very very hard to accept, but main stream life was a lot less regulated than it is now. There was no nanny state and no one gave ashit about a bunch of newly arrivals.  So for you to say the charachter was created to show how bad rascism was is utter fucking shite.  Your theory is an anachronism, out of time with its real setting.  You are trying to judge and give an opinion on something that simply did not exist in the era of the original setting.    Fuck me I remember watching the black and white minstrel show. Main stream tv early 1970s.   Luv thy neighbour was on the other side.  Rascism laws did not come into affect until much later.  I’m sure you Google earthers will now be putting down your cocks for a moment and searching for facts.  But in a real conversation, one says mid 70s, and moves on.

Warren himself openly stated his character was based on his real self and the opinions were largely his own.   So that also blows the shit out of your poor theory.

Never mind all that shit MC, just look at that Una Stubbs!

Still fresh after all these years.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Stubby Pecker said:

I felt dirty and betrayed when I found out you were a darkie.....

My mum was confused when she found out Rock Hudson was a pew porker. I don't know if that helps at all Stubble?

6 minutes ago, ratcum said:

Never mind all that shit MC, just look at that Una Stubbs!

Still fresh after all these years.

She’s a fucking fresh corpse.