CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Super Car Sunday’s BBC III

Guest N/A

2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

As a volume car producer, Ford are pretty good, the Mondeo's and Focus' of fiifteen years ago were ground-breaking in that they cracked the ride-comfort/handling dynamics conundrum. However it could be argued that the Blue Oval failed with JLR whereas the Indians have re-vitalised the brand and have made it succeed. Ford, who wanted to make inroads into the more profitable premium market, set up the UK-based Premium Automotive Group  with two of its own domestic up-market brands and swallowed up JLR, Aston Marin and Volvo. The idea was to pool talent and create cost-cutting synergies across the brands. Unfortunately the first result of the unnatural mixing of automotive DNA was the Jaguar X-Type, a fine car based on the excellent Mondeo at the time. Many loyal Jag owners were in uproar when they noticed Ford parts sitting comfortably amongst the leather and walnut.

Eventually Ford realised that they were going to lose customers to the Germans and in any case, there was little synergy between three wholly different European marques (each with their own unique approach to motoring) and their own Lincoln and Mercury brands. All three car manufacturers were sold off to the Indians, Chinese and a British consortium at a massive loss.

I always thought your old man used Rovers as getaway cars? 

Guest 'eavensabove
2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

As a volume car producer, Ford are pretty good, the Mondeo's and Focus' of fiifteen years ago were ground-breaking in that they cracked the ride-comfort/handling dynamics conundrum. However it could be argued that the Blue Oval failed with JLR whereas the Indians have re-vitalised the brand and have made it succeed. Ford, who wanted to make inroads into the more profitable premium market, set up the UK-based Premium Automotive Group  with two of its own domestic up-market brands and swallowed up JLR, Aston Marin and Volvo. The idea was to pool talent and create cost-cutting synergies across the brands. Unfortunately the first result of the unnatural mixing of automotive DNA was the Jaguar X-Type, a fine car based on the excellent Mondeo at the time. Many loyal Jag owners were in uproar when they noticed Ford parts sitting comfortably amongst the leather and walnut.

Eventually Ford realised that they were going to lose customers to the Germans and in any case, there was little synergy between three wholly different European marques (each with their own unique approach to motoring) and their own Lincoln and Mercury brands. All three car manufacturers were sold off to the Indians, Chinese and a British consortium at a massive loss.

I don't know about the Ford's of today, but their motors of the 1960's & 1970s were classic, reliable and relatively low cost to run and maintain.  After then for some reason, they went a bit pear-shaped and lost the plot. Like most motors, the introduction of fabricated materials and other so-called improvements (albeit some of them being useful additions) contributed to the rapid decline of your average new motor available today.  What ever happened to chrome for example and who the fuck wants a poxy foot-warmer, an automatic hand-brake or some robotic cunt telling you how to drive, how to park and cooking your fucking breakfast?  I'd wager that most folks have motors these days with buttons & dials that they'll never use or have any need for, and if the onboard computer-diagnostic machine says "NO"  they're fucked.   

Edited by 'eavensabove

11 hours ago, sean5302 said:

Unbelievable that anyone would buy a car from an Indian company. 

Have you seen the unreliability tables? JLR vehicles are always at the bottom.

I'm a chartered engineer, who spent a lot of time with Ford when they were trying to make something out of JLR, but failed.

Just look at the panel gaps. Not a single one is in control.

I owned three jags in the past.  All fucking unreliable.  But I keep getting pulled back in and thinking the next one won’t be shit.   Same goes for Alfa’s 

Guest sean5302
10 hours ago, Monumental cunt said:

I owned three jags in the past.  All fucking unreliable.  But I keep getting pulled back in and thinking the next one won’t be shit.   Same goes for Alfa’s 

Every single process is out of statistical control. The Indians won't spend the money as Jaguar is losing £350 million per year. That is covered many times over by profits at Land Rover. Women treat 4 x 4s like handbags and just pay the list prices.

I could waffle on about normal distributions, bell-curves and standard deviations but the bottom line is, if you buy a JLR vehicle, you're asking for trouble and are guaranteed to get it.

16 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

I could waffle on about normal distributions, bell-curves and standard deviations but the bottom line is, if you buy a JLR vehicle, you're asking for trouble and are guaranteed to get it.

I wonder how much of this is real rather than daft cunts like you talking about it and daft cunts listening to daft cunts like you. I know cunts that keep buying Jags and get no problems and cunts who have Mercs and  Audis and have had nothing but trouble. The real problem is cunts looking for trouble and faults and finding those trouble and faults by fiddling with the car and causing the problem. We had daft cunt drivers on the railway always failing somewhere or the other with locos and units that other drivers had no problems with. The trouble was the cunts who were failing couldn't resist poking around in engine rooms or powerpacks or overriding current limiters. There are crap car drivers out there, crap owners, crap mechanics who don't know what they are doing and crap cunts like you who don't know what they are talking about. Would anyone living in the real world come on here leaving a highly visible set of "footprints" as you have done .. you are just another Mongumental Cunt living in a fantasy world.

Guest sean5302

2 hours ago, Wybunbury Bertie said:

I wonder how much of this is real rather than daft cunts like you talking about it and daft cunts listening to daft cunts like you. I know cunts that keep buying Jags and get no problems and cunts who have Mercs and  Audis and have had nothing but trouble. The real problem is cunts looking for trouble and faults and finding those trouble and faults by fiddling with the car and causing the problem. We had daft cunt drivers on the railway always failing somewhere or the other with locos and units that other drivers had no problems with. The trouble was the cunts who were failing couldn't resist poking around in engine rooms or powerpacks or overriding current limiters. There are crap car drivers out there, crap owners, crap mechanics who don't know what they are doing and crap cunts like you who don't know what they are talking about. Would anyone living in the real world come on here leaving a highly visible set of "footprints" as you have done .. you are just another Mongumental Cunt living in a fantasy world.

If you really worked on the railways, you probably have (had) functioning eyes.

Just look at a couple of things.

Nobody buys a Jag unless he's ancient and male. They don't sell to trendies, females or modern-types. According to JLR, their average customer is a man aged 59. Why do you think that is?

Secondly, just stand back and look at the panel gaps. The massive slots between adjacent panels like doors and wings. Do you suggest people "fiddle with the car" to cause them? Or, do you think JLR simply hasn't got the technology and statistical process control in place to assemble them properly?

Thirdly, why do you think so few people buy Jaguars? Could it be that they can read the reliability gradings, know somebody who made the mistake of buying such a heap, or are frightened by the shocking depreciation?

Would you buy one for your son, your daughter, your wife?

And there's your answer. Maybe great in the days of British Rail, when everything was shite. Give me the Thalys any day.

Guest Erroreptile404

All the bullshit about "British cars being unreliable etc" comes from the British Leyland era, all foreign owned British car manufacturers are still built and designed here as far as i know. Never heard anyone say British owned Aston Martin's we're unreliable, probably a good reason why the 70s and 80s DBS and v8 vantage command prices around the £150,000-£200,000 mark.

Guest sean5302

So @sean5302 you really are yet another bullshitter. 

I take it you weren't selected to drive a Thalys. 300kph / 186mph is rather quick for you, given your usual performance.

Which British Rail Sprinters did you drive?

Did they let you drive anything, or would you a @customer service assistant"?

I've just found another job to do. I "upgraded" from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the bloody @ and " keys are interchanged. Must have some alien keyboard adaptation now.

Guest sean5302
4 hours ago, EreptileDysfunction said:

All the bullshit about "British cars being unreliable etc" comes from the British Leyland era, all foreign owned British car manufacturers are still built and designed here as far as i know. Never heard anyone say British owned Aston Martin's we're unreliable, probably a good reason why the 70s and 80s DBS and v8 vantage command prices around the £150,000-£200,000 mark.

Never read such unmitigated bollocks in all my life.

Which British cars are designed here? The BMW Mini, Jaguars, Land Rovers, Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Fords, Vauxhalls?

The only one is the bastard Morgan.

JLR vehicles contain less than 3% local content. The rest is sourced across the world. Where is JLR's foundry? They haven't got one, so they cannot even cast their own components. All they do is screw other people's parts together.

Aston Martin isn't British owned. It's owned by a Kuwaiti hedge fund, Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co, .

As far as you know.... What a pile of shite.

Guest Erroreptile404
55 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

Never read such unmitigated bollocks in all my life.

Which British cars are designed here? The BMW Mini, Jaguars, Land Rovers, Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Fords, Vauxhalls?

The only one is the bastard Morgan.

JLR vehicles contain less than 3% local content. The rest is sourced across the world. Where is JLR's foundry? They haven't got one, so they cannot even cast their own components. All they do is screw other people's parts together.

Aston Martin isn't British owned. It's owned by a Kuwaiti hedge fund, Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co, .

As far as you know.... What a pile of shite.

Lets see shall we, Aston martin, Bentley, Lotus, Jaguar land Rover to start with but i'd really like to see your proof that indians design and build any British cars cos you're talking fucking shit. No one would buy a car made by indians. What's wrong with Morgan you fucking dick? Does it piss you off that we actually still have car manufacturers? Oh yeah TVR is back under British ownership, has been for 5 years and they're releasing the new griffith this year, oh dear! Did indians build and design that too? wanker.

Guest sean5302
10 minutes ago, EreptileDysfunction said:

Lets see shall we, Aston martin, Bentley, Lotus, Jaguar land Rover to start with but i'd really like to see your proof that indians design and build any British cars cos you're talking fucking shit. No one would buy a car made by indians. What's wrong with Morgan you fucking dick? Does it piss you off that we actually still have car manufacturers? Oh yeah TVR is back under British ownership, has been for 5 years and they're releasing the new griffith this year, oh dear! Did indians build and design that too? wanker.

If you're anything like your avatar, you useless, fat, four-eyed bastard, let me put you straight:

1. Aston Martin isn't a British company. I've already told you that.

2. Bentley is owned by Volkswagen Ag. A GERMAN company.

3. Lotus is owned by Geely, a massive CHINESE corporation

4. JLR is Indian, owned by Tata plc.

5. Morgan makes 26 cars per week. 26. No, your 4 eyes aren't deceiving you. And you ask me what's wrong with that in a world car market of 88.1 million vehicles sales per year 

6. TVR hasn't made a single vehicle in 12 years. It now occupies a shed in Wales. Renowned for singing and mining, definitely no technical ability. Fucking Wales, I ask you.

Guest Erroreptile404
1 minute ago, sean5302 said:

If you're anything like your avatar, you useless, fat, four-eyed bastard, let me put you straight:

1. Aston Martin isn't a British company. I've already told you that.

2. Bentley is owned by Volkswagen Ag. A GERMAN company.

3. Lotus is owned by Geely, a massive CHINESE corporation

4. JLR is Indian, owned by Tata plc.

5. Morgan makes 26 cars per week. 26. No, your 4 eyes aren't deceiving you. And you ask me what's wrong with that in a world car market of 88.1 million vehicles sales per year 

6. TVR hasn't made a single vehicle in 12 years. It now occupies a shed in Wales. Renowned for singing and mining, definitely no technical ability. Fucking Wales, I ask you.

First off you fucking spastic i said BUILT AND DESIGNED here not OWNED, all of your bullshit can be refuted with a quick google search btw so it's all redundant. What century are you stuck in? all you have is ancient cliches and out of date car knowledge.  As for TVR

maxresdefault.jpg

Guest Erroreptile404
6 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

And...

No one would buy a car made by Indians.

Read and weep, cunt:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/199868-june-2018-indian-car-sales-figures-analysis.html

Never heard of any of those piles of shit and they're clearly only sold in india for indians so it's irrelevant.

Laffin

Panzerknacker

Guest sean5302
2 minutes ago, EreptileDysfunction said:

Never heard of any of those piles of shit and they're clearly only sold in india for indians so it's irrelevant.

Laffin

Panzerknacker

What did you say?

I think you'll find it written above:

"No one would buy a car made by indians."

Guest Erroreptile404
Just now, sean5302 said:

What did you say?

I think you'll find it written above:

"No one would buy a car made by indians."

No one outside of india would/does buy a car made by indians you silly twat.

Guest sean5302

Tell me who designs what you think are British cars, please?

What colours are they, these Brits?

What dinghy did they and their parents come here on?

You seem to be living in the past, around the 1960s. Weren't the BBC, Jaguar and British Rail fantastic?

Piles of shite, just like British Leyland, British Airways, British Steel, British Coal, British Oxygen etc.

Notice a pattern here? Nope, Specsavers is a British company, so you won't.

Guest Erroreptile404
1 minute ago, sean5302 said:

Tell me who designs what you think are British cars, please?

What colours are they, these Brits?

What dinghy did they and their parents come here on?

You seem to be living in the past, around the 1960s. Weren't the BBC, Jaguar and British Rail fantastic?

Piles of shite, just like British Leyland, British Airways, British Steel, British Coal, British Oxygen etc.

Notice a pattern here? Nope, Specsavers is a British company, so you won't.

Oh dear the TVR pic must have really rattled you, you're the one stuck in the past. Probably one of those cunts who wants brexit to fail so you can say "i told you so".

Guest Erroreptile404
7 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9402657/The-decline-of-TVR.html

Another pile of shite meets the dust.

Brexit WILL fail. I know you'll still be asking me whether I want fries with that, but those fries will now cost £12 a scoop. I can afford it, but you can't.

LOL you stupid fucking prick that article is dated from 2012 before it was bought by Les Edgar and back under British ownership. You may as well just stop commenting now because you're making yourself look a right fucking tit. I somehow doubt a wanker like you could afford a £100,000 car either. 

fuck off.

Guest sean5302

New TVR boss Les Edgar says his new two-model range will be ready for 2015

Where the fuck, is his new range, you four-eyed bastard cunt?

Nowhere. Going nowhere, been nowhere, no future, no past no nothing.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/bringing-back-tvr-qa-les-edgar

You really are a stupid, blind cunt. I know I've joined the right Forum.