CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Brexit..the meltdown has begun

PANZER MURPHY

7 minutes ago, Decimus said:

It's a disgusting state of affairs. The reaction was way over the top for what was at best a lazy riposte that has been done to death on here. Barely a step up from "Kill yourself".

Everyone who liked it should be utterly fucking ashamed of themselves for encouraging her. You reap what you sow, and I'll leave you all to deal with her overly inflated ego.

Idiots.

Fucking hell. 

10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

These days Chapel Communities and the Elder's influence have all but died. Most chapels and meeting halls are derelict or have been sold and converted into residential units. Pass any surviving chapel on Sunday and its The Darby and Joan club at prayer. A handful have survived and are thriving due in part to setting aside the old patriarchal mentality.

Despite my issues with organised religion, I do understand why people have faith, for some they need faith to make sense of being.

People are using religion to fudge up and pink-glass the simple fact that our existence has/has not as much meaning as that of other animals. There is really nothing special about Homo Sapiens Sapiens, but giving it the magical “faith” spin, seems to make life more palatable for many. People prefer delusions to facts.

2 hours ago, Decimus said:

It's a disgusting state of affairs. The reaction was way over the top for what was at best a lazy riposte that has been done to death on here. Barely a step up from "Kill yourself".

Everyone who liked it should be utterly fucking ashamed of themselves for encouraging her. You reap what you sow, and I'll leave you all to deal with her overly inflated ego.

Idiots.

You seem concerned, decs. Is it because the prevailing Corner wind is veering westwards, away from Norfolk and heading for Wales? 

13 minutes ago, scotty said:

You seem concerned, decs. Is it because the prevailing Corner wind is veering westwards, away from Norfolk and heading for Wales? 

when thicko Brexit farming cunts in Wales realise their EU subsidies have gone, I reckon it'll be a bumper year for rural suicides.

I aim to laugh myself horse Grotto

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Decimus said:

Idiots.

Well, that was entertaining if nothing else. Not sure you've done yourself any favours.

11 hours ago, White Cunt said:

People are using religion to fudge up and pink-glass the simple fact that our existence has/has not as much meaning as that of other animals. There is really nothing special about Homo Sapiens Sapiens, but giving it the magical “faith” spin, seems to make life more palatable for many. People prefer delusions to facts.

I don't want to go all existentialist but there are many renowned scientific thinkers who have faith including eminent astronomers, particle and theoretical physicists. The more facts are discovered leads to the realisation that we know very little. Strange this may be but faith can fill the void and make sense of what we know.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, Mrs Roops said:

I spent my childhood some 15 miles (as the crow flies) from Ms Jones' hometown. I'm told my accent is hardly noticeable which suits me fine as aside from attending family and work commitments I have no intention to return to the area again.

You can take the girl out of Merthyr .......

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I don't want to go all existentialist but there are many renowned scientific thinkers who have faith including eminent astronomers, particle and theoretical physicists. The more facts are discovered leads to the realisation that we know very little. Strange this may be but faith can fill the void and make sense of what we know.

I wouldn’t want to put my life in the hands of any scientist with “faith”, which invalidates standard scientific procedures of repeated and peer reviewed testing and conclusions. It’s the homeopathy of modern times. Placebo effect at best. As to our level of knowledge, we have made huge progress in the last few thousand years and of course even more since the beginning of the industrial revolution, so I don’t accept that we know very little. There is a way to go, provided we don’t go extinct in the meantime, but we have made huge progress as a species. When it comes to the “faith” junk science, I have witnessed it’s destructive and dumbing effects in my own family and I am more than grateful to my teachers and general education for enlightenment which it provides. Faith can fill the void only for the lack of education and critical thinking. How some logical and intelligent people buy into it is hard to explain. Perhaps it stems from from the brainwashing in childhood, which the person never free himself/herself from. It’s hard to overcome for some, clearly. Scientists with “faith”  - what utter hypocrisy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Just cunts hedging their bets. But that is my simpleton take on it.

Guest 'eavensabove
4 hours ago, nocti said:

My ring piece would like a word with you.

And why would that be?  I don't listen to shit. Try Frank, he's multilingual in that department.  

Guest 'eavensabove
4 hours ago, Wybunbury Bertie said:

Actually it does burn. dried shit was used as fuel. People would collect and dry horse shit for that purpose.

… and some people talk nothing else but shit, as I'm sure you will know from experience. 

1 hour ago, White Cunt said:

I wouldn’t want to put my life in the hands of any scientist with “faith”, which invalidates standard scientific procedures of repeated and peer reviewed testing and conclusions. It’s the homeopathy of modern times. Placebo effect at best. As to our level of knowledge, we have made huge progress in the last few thousand years and of course even more since the beginning of the industrial revolution, so I don’t accept that we know very little. There is a way to go, provided we don’t go extinct in the meantime, but we have made huge progress as a species. When it comes to the “faith” junk science, I have witnessed it’s destructive and dumbing effects in my own family and I am more than grateful to my teachers and general education for enlightenment which it provides. Faith can fill the void only for the lack of education and critical thinking. How some logical and intelligent people buy into it is hard to explain. Perhaps it stems from from the brainwashing in childhood, which the person never free himself/herself from. It’s hard to overcome for some, clearly. Scientists with “faith”  - what utter hypocrisy.

Why are scientists who have faith hypocritical? You can only make such an assertion if you possess all known and undiscovered knowledge, in which case you would be God. Your position assumes that faith, irrespective of religion, is an literal acceptance of holy scriptures. The Christian Bible is at best, a collection of fables and parables. How that is interpreted and used to dictate to the masses is where problems occur but that can also apply to secular writings, the most obvious is philosophical communism. True faith should be personal and not be codified to control others.

Here's a list of Christians who have contributed in the advancement of knowledge - all peer reviewed, some have won prestigious scientific awards including the Nobel prize. Some will have shaped your life one way or another, all driven by faith. Some have looked at the very foundations of mass, energy and life and yet they know mankind has barely scratched the surface in trying to understand being.

15 hours ago, ratcum said:

when thicko Brexit farming cunts in Wales realise their EU subsidies have gone, I reckon it'll be a bumper year for rural suicides.

I aim to laugh myself horse Grotto

Look at it as thinning out of the gene pool, ratty. Something I know you're generally in favour of.