CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

MP harassment prompts police review

Penny Farthing

1 minute ago, Decimus said:

I don't miss the point at all, I'm aware of the differences in nominal GDP, nominal GDP per capita, GDP (PPP) and GDP (PPP) per capita. I haven't seen any study or forecast that has predicted the UK will see an increase in any of these.

Interestingly, if you are referring to GDP (PPP) per capita, which it sounds like you are, Luxembourg, Ireland, The Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, and Finland all perform better than the UK.

They are all in the EU.

So how come we are in the EU but not performing at their level .. could it be that what is good for them is not good for us?

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

I've read a number of economic forecasts that predict a sizeable shrinkage in the UKs economy in both the medium and long term following Brexit. I haven't seen anything at all that indicates we will be more prosperous. If this is your prediction, what do you base it on? I've got a slow day counting paperclips so I'm happy for an in-depth answer.

Well, you're not going to get an in depth answer. This is very basic analysis, but essentially not only is the EU an internal trading block but is also a draconian protectionist zone. European businesses naturally have taken the easy route by concentrating on the benefits of frictionless trade within the EU and EEA. That's fine except the EU is now a mature market with not much scope for growth. As any economist will tell you, there needs to be growth to survive and prosper. Meaningful growth can only be found by tapping into markets outside the EU, a process which can be made easier and quicker if the UK negotiates unilaterally rather than as part of a group which has to take into account the separate needs of 28 constituent states.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I don't miss the point at all, I'm aware of the differences in nominal GDP, nominal GDP per capita, GDP (PPP) and GDP (PPP) per capita. I haven't seen any study or forecast that has predicted the UK will see an increase in any of these.

Interestingly, if you are referring to GDP (PPP) per capita, which it sounds like you are, Luxembourg, Ireland, The Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, and Finland all perform better than the UK.

They are all in the EU.

You need to be careful here. GDP growth can also be an indicator that the costs of production is rising.

57 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, you're not going to get an in depth answer. This is very basic analysis, but essentially not only is the EU an internal trading block but is also a draconian protectionist zone. European businesses naturally have taken the easy route by concentrating on the benefits of frictionless trade within the EU and EEA. That's fine except the EU is now a mature market with not much scope for growth. As any economist will tell you, there needs to be growth to survive and prosper. Meaningful growth can only be found by tapping into markets outside the EU, a process which can be made easier and quicker if the UK negotiates unilaterally rather than as part of a group which has to take into account the separate needs of 28 constituent states.

Any forecast of growth is mere supposition, you can make an educated guess based on a number of factors that the UK will be economically better off outside of the EU, but you can't categorically state that we will be better off out than in. I'll hold my hands up and say the same thing about the scaremongering that you can read about everyday which forecasts disaster for us. I voted Remain as I wasn't prepared to see the country take that gamble. 

Nobody knows what will happen in the next fifty years, but I hope that your prediction is correct. Only time will tell.

As an aside, I don't agree with the majority of Alfie's rant, sarcastic or not. I don't believe that the country should have another vote, I may not have liked the result, but I accept that the majority have made their feelings clear and it would be a gross betrayal of our democratic principles to try and overturn this simply because a number of people did not like the outcome.

Guest Alfie Noakes
38 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Any forecast of growth is mere supposition, you can make an educated guess based on a number of factors that the UK will be economically better off outside of the EU, but you can't categorically state that we will be better off out than in. I'll hold my hands up and say the same thing about the scaremongering that you can read about everyday which forecasts disaster for us. I voted Remain as I wasn't prepared to see the country take that gamble. 

Nobody knows what will happen in the next fifty years, but I hope that your prediction is correct. Only time will tell.

As an aside, I don't agree with the majority of Alfie's rant, sarcastic or not. I don't believe that the country should have another vote, I may not have liked the result, but I accept that the majority have made their feelings clear and it would be a gross betrayal of our democratic principles to try and overturn this simply because a number of people did not like the outcome.

Perhaps I should have put my post in speech marks to emphasise the point of sarcasm. 

"Sorry" those too thick to realise I was taking the piss out of pen's initial rant. 

Another vote will be a waste of time.

Guest Ollyboro
28 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I'd look more to our own government and society to find that answer.

Yup.

Feral children - our own fault. Ditto underfunding of education, health, the filth etc. Pissed idiots fighting in town centres, an unfair and rigged tax system- all down to us and the choices we've made. Arseholes in cars, unworkable drug policies.... whatever blights our everyday lives can be laid directly at own front door. The EU has been  a great Aunt Sally, and will continue to be so long after we leave.

5 hours ago, The Bishop of Phlegm said:

So how come we are in the EU but not performing at their level .. could it be that what is good for them is not good for us?

That would be because, the EU is not interested in sharing any of the 'good stuff' with us, it's only interested in taking the good stuff from us (oh, and telling us what we should do with it, if we ever find ourselves with any of the 'good stuff')

Cunting politicians deserve to be harassed, especially those who decided to go against the wishes of the majority who could be arsed voting in the referendum.

Fuck 'em, they take the pay, the aggro comes with the territory, if they don't like it they should get a proper fuckin' job!

Eh' your woman Soubury then.

This move is all about silencing protest - we need to be very careful here.  Will I be able to report all the name callers on here??  Do you see how dangerous it is.  Same as the so called 'hate' crime reporting.

50 mps putting pressure on Cressida  oh very dodgy stuff eh?? Oh an 'Here's the Head Cheese of the Saint Jo Cox (peace be upon her) Appreciation Society' for an unbaised view of things

They are manufacturing a crisis along with the help of the televisual media

1 hour ago, Jiggerycock said:

Eh' your woman Soubury then.

This move is all about silencing protest - we need to be very careful here.  Will I be able to report all the name callers on here??  Do you see how dangerous it is.  Same as the so called 'hate' crime reporting.

50 mps putting pressure on Cressida  oh very dodgy stuff eh?? Oh an 'Here's the Head Cheese of the Saint Jo Cox (peace be upon her) Appreciation Society' for an unbaised view of things

They are manufacturing a crisis along with the help of the televisual media

Reported.