CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Ironically introducing a song

Jiggerycock

"Hi, we're Mickey Mohawk and The Safety Pins - you won't have heard of us. This next song is our new single which nobody will buy and you probably won't like but ....ONE TWO THREE FOUR!"

Now I might really really like Mickey Mohawk and The Safety Pins. They may make me humm and whirr with a bit more vigour than when I have to deal with the rest of the asteroid-inviting tedium. I may well have downloaded this single, learned the words and be prepared to rock out mightilly.

In short, I may have invested a good deal of money, time and personal worth in the band and this song - and now you're making me feel dumb and stupid for doing so.

Well, in the ultra cool and cynical world of Cunts Corner, you may have a point, but right then, sweating and expectant down the front of your gig and to quote the words of the great Manc troubador Liam Gallagher, "I'm a Rock n Roll star" you've just ripped the heart out of my world, you thoughtless, zero-pride fuckheads.

7 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

"Hi, we're Mickey Mohawk and The Safety Pins - you won't have heard of us. This next song is our new single which nobody will buy and you probably won't like but ....ONE TWO THREE FOUR!"

Now I might really really like Mickey Mohawk and The Safety Pins. They may make me humm and whirr with a bit more vigour than when I have to deal with the rest of the asteroid-inviting tedium. I may well have downloaded this single, learned the words and be prepared to rock out mightilly.

In short, I may have invested a good deal of money, time and personal worth in the band and this song - and now you're making me feel dumb and stupid for doing so.

Well, in the ultra cool and cynical world of Cunts Corner, you may have a point, but right then, sweating and expectant down the front of your gig and to quote the words of the great Manc troubador Liam Gallagher, "I'm a Rock n Roll star" you've just ripped the heart out of my world, you thoughtless, zero-pride fuckheads.

It wasn't irony, it was honesty, they're fuckin' shite!

7 hours ago, The Bishop of Phlegm said:

Friggin' in the riggin'?

A travesty. A genuine, dyed in the wool, 24 carat travesty. Even worse than cook and jonesy teaming up with johnny thunders to record London Boys, and I wasn't overly impressed with their cozying up to biggs either. 

They did regain a modicum of my respect when they formed the professionals, at least that was honest rock and roll.

29 minutes ago, scotty said:

A travesty. A genuine, dyed in the wool, 24 carat travesty. Even worse than cook and jonesy teaming up with johnny thunders to record London Boys, and I wasn't overly impressed with their cozying up to biggs either. 

They did regain a modicum of my respect when they formed the professionals, at least that was honest rock and roll.

Still far more credible than the solo career of Sid. Eddie Cochrane and Frank Sinatra covers. Fuck knows why they bothered with funerals for him and the skank he stabbed, should've left them out for the binmem and called it a result.

1 hour ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Still far more credible than the solo career of Sid. Eddie Cochrane and Frank Sinatra covers. Fuck knows why they bothered with funerals for him and the skank he stabbed, should've left them out for the binmem and called it a result.

Sid was never anything more than a rentaclown, he only got the job because he was lydons mate. Flowers of Romance, my arse. 

5 hours ago, scotty said:

They've recently teamed up with Billý Idol and that Tony James cunt who I once slapped the shit out of to form Generation Sex.

I'd go to see 'em for Jonesy...and hopefully to smash a dimpled pint tumbler in the James cunt's neck.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

They've recently teamed up with Billý Idol and that Tony James cunt who I once slapped the shit out of to form Generation Sex.

I'd go to see 'em for Jonesy...and hopefully to smash a dimpled pint tumbler in the James cunt's neck.

Tony James. Sigue Sigue Sputnik, enough said.

slightly less of a cunt than Martin Degville though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Tony James. Sigue Sigue Sputnik, enough said.

slightly less of a cunt than Martin Degville though. 

I spoke to Degville once thinking he would be a complete prick. In person, he was quite a decent bloke...although his back catalogue defines him as a complete and utter cunt.

James just needs to die. Any bloke who slipped Street-Porter a length should be set on fire.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

I spoke to Degville once thinking he would be a complete prick. In person, he was quite a decent bloke...although his back catalogue defines him as a complete and utter cunt.

James just needs to die. Any bloke who slipped Street-Porter a length should be set on fire.

How disgusting! He should have just danced with himself. 

A blow job from an alligator would be less risky.

5 hours ago, Rev said:

I'd go to see 'em for Jonesy..

Indeed, him and cook. I saw a documentary about never mind the bollocks recently, the producer said one of the reasons it sounded so different was that jones had to double track the bass, but didn't know how to play one. So he played as if it were a lead guitar with two strings missing. What confused me was I'd always assumed matlock played on the album, he's certainly credited for the songs, but I suppose he must have been ejected by the time they finally recorded it and sid couldn't play a note worth the name. 

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Indeed, him and cook. I saw a documentary about never mind the bollocks recently, the producer said one of the reasons it sounded so different was that jones had to double track the bass, but didn't know how to play one. So he played as if it were a lead guitar with two strings missing. What confused me was I'd always assumed matlock played on the album, he's certainly credited for the songs, but I suppose he must have been ejected by the time they finally recorded it and sid couldn't play a note worth the name. 

How much of it was for real compared with what the sound engineer had done to the recording?

3 hours ago, scotty said:

If you listen to Bodies, just after Jonesey's intro and just before Cook's single drum beat, you can just about hear Sid's single bum note contribution to the album. He really was fucking useless.

• Like 1