CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Swindon's Honda Closure - now own your brexit.

Guest Crab

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Whilst the uncertainty of Brexit was a contributing factor to Honda's decision to leave, it was not *the* factor. The seeds to Swindon's fate was planted four years ago when Takahiro Hachigo was appointed as the new CEO and President of Honda. As is typical of most new CEOs, he undertook a root and branch review of the business. Honda's main issue was that its' manufacturing capacity far exceeded the volume of cars sold worldwide. The CEO was brutally honest with his assessment of the product development process which involved not only the designers and engineers but also the marketing and sales departments, the latter more fixated on short term needs. The development process was protracted and overly complex. The result was that Honda cars were designed by committee and as such were "uninspiring".  Three years ago Honda slimmed down the product development team to the designers and engineers and undertook a retrenchment process to simplify manufacturing and uniformity of product unless a regional bloc was profitably producing cars to suit the demands of its locality. Swindon's fate was from then on sealed.

There are are some new manufacturing facilities being set up the UK by three train builders .. CAF in South Wales near Newport, TALGO somewhere in Scotland and Siemens has plans to to build a factory on Humberside.

2 hours ago, The Bishop said:

There are are some new manufacturing facilities being set up the UK by three train builders .. CAF in South Wales near Newport, TALGO somewhere in Scotland and Siemens has plans to to build a factory on Humberside.

And meanwhile the SMM reports lowest sales since 2008 and the future of Toyota looks decidely iffy. With cutbacks at Jaguar Landrover and Ford. Even Bentley is cutting production. The only stable piece of the jigsaw is Vauxhall Luton. The Brexit argument of passing it all over to other factors is as false as the rosy picture they painted of trade deals round the world which is more or less sown up by the big players including the EU and Japan. Or the continued harping on old GDP data from the first half of 2018. The fact is the UK is one quarter away from an official recession while the EU in general and some of its members is enjoying recovering growth much ahead of the UK. 

Guest Erroreptile404
2 minutes ago, Crab said:

So the Japs can have a good laugh. 

Why, do they all drop their trousers and see who has the biggest battleships? the japs would lose in that dpt too.

lol

fuck off you mong.

1c9048a033e41996a0ec59c0ff826e533b234dfb

17 hours ago, Decimus said:

The Japanese Maritime Defence Force has more personnel, more aircraft, more submarines more destroyers, and pretty much the same level of frigates as the Royal Navy. 

How exactly are they relying on the Royal Navy with its inferior fleet to protect them? They're leagues ahead of us. They might not have an aircraft carrier, but they don't need one when they have no ambition to be a blue water navy and are focused on operations within eastern Asia.

You've been watching Master and Commander again, haven't you? This isn't some Hearts of Oak era you're living in, the RN is a shadow of its former self.

And do n't mention the merchant navy. We once had the largest in the world. Now nothing. And how many coastguard or RN vessels are there protecting our territorial waters? Less than half a dozen. 

1 minute ago, EreptileDysfunction said:

Why, do they all drop their trousers and see who has the biggest battleships? the japs would lose in that dpt too.

lol

fuck off you mong.

1c9048a033e41996a0ec59c0ff826e533b234dfb

You are a fucking walking advert for the type of English bloke abroad who is an embarrassment to the country.

8 minutes ago, Crab said:

You are a fucking walking advert for the type of English bloke abroad who is an embarrassment to the country.

Crab. I have received an email from a corner member, currently on a ban. His name is @Roadkill and he's been following your progress. He asked me to pass this on. Absolutely genuine, he's back in a few weeks and he'll tell you himself. 

Dont shoot the messenger.

"Every time I've visited the site to browse noms, you've been visible on the activity page, Often multiple times. Nothing you've posted has amused me. Nothing you've posted has stimulated me, intellectually or otherwise. Though we have never conversed with one another on the corner, I have grown to hate you deeply during my time in the cooler, for the simple fact that you are an inconvenience that I have to scroll past whilst reading the posts of your betters. You have 18 days to improve your lacklustre performance. Make them count.

Roadkill"

18 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Crab. I have received an email from a corner member, currently on a ban. His name is @Roadkill and he's been following your progress. He asked me to pass this on. Absolutely genuine, he's back in a few weeks and he'll tell you himself. 

Dont shoot the messenger.

"Every time I've visited the site to browse noms, you've been visible on the activity page, Often multiple times. Nothing you've posted has amused me. Nothing you've posted has stimulated me, intellectually or otherwise. Though we have never conversed with one another on the corner, I have grown to hate you deeply during my time in the cooler, for the simple fact that you are an inconvenience that I have to scroll past whilst reading the posts of your betters. You have 18 days to improve your lacklustre performance. Make them count.

Roadkill"

I'll make a note. 

53 minutes ago, Crab said:

And do n't mention the merchant navy. We once had the largest in the world. Now nothing. And how many coastguard or RN vessels are there protecting our territorial waters? Less than half a dozen. 

Nonsense. Here's the RN receiving their new submarine hunter. Rule Britannia 

2 hours ago, Crab said:

And meanwhile the SMM reports lowest sales since 2008 and the future of Toyota looks decidely iffy. With cutbacks at Jaguar Landrover and Ford. Even Bentley is cutting production. The only stable piece of the jigsaw is Vauxhall Luton. The Brexit argument of passing it all over to other factors is as false as the rosy picture they painted of trade deals round the world which is more or less sown up by the big players including the EU and Japan. Or the continued harping on old GDP data from the first half of 2018. The fact is the UK is one quarter away from an official recession while the EU in general and some of its members is enjoying recovering growth much ahead of the UK. 

Bollox Read the linked article from one of Fleet Street most avid pro-remain cheerleaders.

I presume you meant the SMMT reports and whilst you may be correct, again Brexit is a factor, but there are two underlying causes which is impacting on long term results. Firstly motor manufacturers are retrenching worldwide because of over capacity and secondly there is uncertainty over diesel engines and how governments will deal with pollution.

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Bollox Read the linked article from one of Fleet Street most avid pro-remain cheerleaders.

I presume you meant the SMMT reports and whilst you may be correct, again Brexit is a factor, but there are two underlying causes which is impacting on long term results. Firstly motor manufacturers are retrenching worldwide because of over capacity and secondly there is uncertainty over diesel engines and how governments will deal with pollution.

Jesus Fucking Christ you're boring. Maybe just once pretend not to know every fucking thing?

19 minutes ago, DrCunt said:

Jesus Fucking Christ you're boring. Maybe just once pretend not to know every fucking thing?

Bollocks there is a whole raft of investments current and pending in electric vehicles which will simply bypass the UK because the BIG BOYS will sew up all the globalised trade deals. Only a fool would not link Hondas decision to the recent EU/Japan deal. 

In every EU trade deal from now on will be a secret codicile: Fuck Great Britain. And we asjed for it. The centre of Europe's econonic gravity is moving east since the 1990s. Only the dregs were coming to the UK in the first place. We are remote from the centre and have made ourselves even less likely to be included in any future global growth or technological changes.

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Facts when they suit you, resolute silence when they don’t. I can only conclude from this behaviour you are our mildly kyphotic and diabetic illustrious Leader. 

In which case, you must have better things to do than sniping at idiots. If you want to do that, call a Cabinet meeting. 

Sincere apologies for interrupting, but I'm a new cunt on here, and not a clue how the site works.

Anyway, I meant to start a new topic on here, but due to red wine it's on the 'open corner'.

Schoolboy error, but I'm sure we've all unintentionally done things under the influence.

Ps you're all cunts.

1 minute ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Facts when they suit you, resolute silence when they don’t. I can only conclude from this behaviour you are our mildly kyphotic and diabetic illustrious Leader. 

In which case, you must have better things to do than sniping at idiots. If you want to do that, call a Cabinet meeting. 

Bollocks there is a whole raft of investments current and pending in electric vehicles which will simply bypass the UK because the BIG BOYS will sew up all the globalised trade deals. Only a fool would not link Hondas decision to the recent EU/Japan deal. 

16 minutes ago, Crab said:

I’m looking forward to the food tariff list being published later this week. 200% on Parma Ham will unleash a wave of middle class fury not seen since they stopped the free coffee at Waitrose. Standby for celebrity chefs weighing in on how to make do with powdered egg and tripe, while the ERG decamp to Leicestershire to bang on about the benefits of a Stilton and Cider based diet. I do hope the ration books have a blue cover. 

Evolution. Not necessarily a forward journey these days. 

32 minutes ago, Crab said:

The only reason Honda came here in the first place was so they could secretly spy on our British milk floats and steal our technology for their “world beating and innovative fucking hybrid minicab cum halal grooming car” We need to wake up and smell the sushi

35 minutes ago, Crab said:

You're not very bright are you.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from someone that presents themselves as a pudendal ectoparasite and believes it's in some way amusing or entertaining.

9 minutes ago, King Billy said:

The only reason Honda came here in the first place was so they could secretly spy on our British milk floats and steal our technology for their “world beating and innovative fucking hybrid minicab cum halal grooming car” We need to wake up and smell the sushi

Sorry forgot to mention that they’re  a bunch of fuckin cunts as well. Does anyone know what the toll for the Bridge on the River Kwai is now?

Guest judgetwi
7 hours ago, Crab said:

The fact is the UK is one quarter away from an official recession while the EU in general and some of its members is enjoying recovering growth much ahead of the UK. 

So, presumably you’ll be fucking off to the EU paradise some time soon? I would offer to send some of my domestic staff over to help you pack but the ungrateful cunts have fucked off back to Vilnius.

Still, I could drive you to the airport if you like. That would save you a few bob and I know how important money is to people like you.

Just let me know. Always happy to help. 😁

8 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

So, presumably you’ll be fucking off to the EU paradise some time soon? I would offer to send some of my domestic staff over to help you pack but the ungrateful cunts have fucked off back to Vilnius.

Still, I could drive you to the airport if you like. That would save you a few bob and I know how important money is to people like you.

Just let me know. Always happy to help. 😁

As Mark ‘Chopper’ Read once said Your generosity will be your downfall