CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Car registration number parking

Jiggerycock

Just now, The Bishop said:

Wrong. They can enforce it via a court order. Its is just that enforcing the invoice is a costly process and many parking firms rarely make the effort unless your name pops up with them on a regular basis.

They can enforce it via a court order if they can prove they have incurred reasonable costs by providing the service. It's near impossible to prove, so they almost never bother to try. When they do it's more likely to be found against them than in favour. 

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

They can enforce it via a court order if they can prove they have incurred reasonable costs by providing the service. It's near impossible to prove, so they almost never bother to try. When they do it's more likely to be found against them than in favour. 

There have been a couple of cases where they have pursued and won. There was also a supreme court ruling that an £85 charge was reasonable for overstaying by an hour. Of course it is difficult to know why the infringers were targeted .. I suspect that in cases where the matter has been pursued by the parking company that there was some kind of history that made it worth the company making the effort to enforce the charge.

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

I was going to say if the infraction was on a council car park or street and therefore contrary to local byelaws then you'll probably have to pay the Penalty Charge Notice. On privately owned parks then its a different matter for reasons that Scotty has just intimated. On the rare occasion I've received a Parking Charge Notice (note the difference) I've put them in the bin. So far the only follow up is a stern reminder but it has always come to nothing. That said, The Bishop is correct; I recall a persistent offender took it right up to the court of appeal who determined that the £75 "admin fee"  was not unduly unreasonable.

28 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I was going to say if the infraction was on a council car park or street and therefore contrary to local byelaws then you'll probably have to pay the Penalty Charge Notice. On privately owned parks then its a different matter for reasons that Scotty has just intimated. On the rare occasion I've received a Parking Charge Notice (note the difference) I've put them in the bin. So far the only follow up is a stern reminder but it has always come to nothing. That said, The Bishop is correct; I recall a persistent offender took it right up to the court of appeal who determined that the £75 "admin fee"  was not unduly unreasonable.

The "Byelaw" thing applies on most council controlled car parks as well as on places controlled by the likes of the railway. I worked for a local council for a couple years after I left the railway and I was mostly involved with parking enforcement. Oddly the local ASDA car park was controlled by the council whilst the Market car park was controlled by a private company and this caused all kinds of confusion. People having called the parking comnany's bluff on the market car park would try the same trick at the "ASDA" car park and come unstuck. Another car park where there was fun was the one adjacent to the local McDonalds .. for some reason the McDonalds punters seemed not to notice that the car park was actually for the council offices which were on the opposite side of the car park. Dopey cunts would park up go into McDonalds come out and find a penalty charge notice on their cars.

Guest 'eavensabove
3 hours ago, scotty said:

Yes, they aren't enforceable. You just ignore the stream of demands, or write once saying you've received their invoice (because that's what it is, ) you disagree with it and decline to pay it. 

Fight fire with fire. Nick your mates motor and park it-up in the said Supermarket that's been pissing you off. Leave a holdall/rucksack on the drivers seat and fuck off down the pub. Call the supermarket and in your best Muzlip accent frequently use the words: SARIN and Bomb. Hang-up and be entertained on the pub's tv 'til last orders. 

Guest 'eavensabove
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

It's a much larger headache if your motor gets clamped, or gets automatically taken away to some depot... 

It's a fact that most of us know if we're trying to pull a fast one by parking-up where we shouldn't be for whatever the reasons given on noticeboards, if they exist. We knowingly take a gamble. Most of us also feel like a right cunt when we return to our motor to find a ticket, and then we act like a cunt by ignoring it. Most tickets will allow a fixed penalty to pay (of say £60-£70) within a certain timeframe. You save yourself a lot of continuous headache and getting nowhere, by coughing-up the poxy penalty charge and not using the carpark/space/road or street again. 'Popular' coastal arears are by far the worse, and rarely will you locate a free space anywhere within a mile or so of the Seafront, and the regulations are strongly enforced. It can be as much as £10 per hour  or £20 per day even if you're staying in a Hotel opposite your motor.  Central London it can be £35 PER HOUR and they don't fuck-about with towing you away.... All of these charges for parking are having a detrimental effect to the poor cunts that either live, work or visit.  To have to pay say £10 for parking a mile away from the fucking shops when all you want is a quick in & out is the sole reason that the Supermarkets are coining it in. 

8 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

It's a much larger headache if your motor gets clamped, or gets automatically taken away to some depot... 

It's a fact that most of us know if we're trying to pull a fast one by parking-up where we shouldn't be for whatever the reasons given on noticeboards, if they exist. We knowingly take a gamble. Most of us also feel like a right cunt when we return to our motor to find a ticket, and then we act like a cunt by ignoring it. Most tickets will allow a fixed penalty to pay (of say £60-£70) within a certain timeframe. You save yourself a lot of continuous headache and getting nowhere, by coughing-up the poxy penalty charge and not using the carpark/space/road or street again. 'Popular' coastal arears are by far the worse, and rarely will you locate a free space anywhere within a mile or so of the Seafront, and the regulations are strongly enforced. It can be as much as £10 per hour  or £20 per day even if you're staying in a Hotel opposite your motor.  Central London it can be £35 PER HOUR and they don't fuck-about with towing you away.... All of these charges for parking are having a detrimental effect to the poor cunts that either live, work or visit.  To have to pay say £10 for parking a mile away from the fucking shops when all you want is a quick in & out is the sole reason that the Supermarkets are coining it in. 

I am not against the principle of paying to park but one thing that does concern me is that many of the enforcement companies are happy to rake in the money but do not actually have any staff physically on the car parks doing patrols. It should be a requirement that for being permitted to use number-plate recognition the car parks should be regularly patrolled by staff on the the car parks .

Guest 'eavensabove
1 minute ago, The Bishop said:

I am not against the principle of paying to park but one thing that does concern me is that many of the enforcement companies are happy to rake in the money but do not actually have any staff physically on the car parks doing patrols. It should be a requirement that for being permitted to use number-plate recognition the car parks should be regularly patrolled by staff on the the car parks .

Agreed. Also, when a payment machine is broken, you can often try calling the number provided but it's either not working or doesn't answer. Then comes the ticket once you return to your motor. The apes that dish out tickets don't give a toss. You can even get one within the paid for time limit. Some of the cunts even follow you home with their poxy camera's upon the roof of their vehicle. It's just about grabbing money for nothing.

13 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Agreed. Also, when a payment machine is broken, you can often try calling the number provided but it's either not working or doesn't answer. Then comes the ticket once you return to your motor. The apes that dish out tickets don't give a toss. You can even get one within the paid for time limit. Some of the cunts even follow you home with their poxy camera's upon the roof of their vehicle. It's just about grabbing money for nothing.

The issue I have is with the outfits where no enforcement notice is placed on the vehicle and the first you know of it is when the letter comes through the post. ParkingEye and a number of other outfits work in this way.

12 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yes, council car parks or streets are entirely different. The only bodies that can issue an enforceable fine are the police and the local authority, anything emanating from anywhere else is just an invoice. Companies trying it on will always use something that looks like a parking ticket, "parking charge notice" being the most common. People often assume they have to pay it and stump up. 

Guest Wizardsleeve
6 minutes ago, scotty said:

Yes, council car parks or streets are entirely different. The only bodies that can issue an enforceable fine are the police and the local authority, anything emanating from anywhere else is just an invoice. Companies trying it on will always use something that looks like a parking ticket, "parking charge notice" being the most common. People often assume they have to pay it and stump up. 

The council car parks have probably entered into contracts with the council which grants them authority to issue the bogus citations.  I'd verify no such agreement is in place before deciding to disregard any invoices.  The cunts become ruthless when it comes to stealing money out of your fucking pockets.  

7 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

The council car parks have probably entered into contracts with the council which grants them authority to issue the bogus citations.  I'd verify no such agreement is in place before deciding to disregard any invoices.  The cunts become ruthless when it comes to stealing money out of your fucking pockets.  

The local authority and the council are the same thing, wizz. They can issue proper fines in council car parks. 

Guest Wizardsleeve
8 minutes ago, scotty said:

The local authority and the council are the same thing, wizz. They can issue proper fines in council car parks. 

Then burn the fucking things to the ground.  No compromises!  

I'm lucky in that my home has a proper garage for parking, and I have a reserved bay at the office.  

14 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Then burn the fucking things to the ground.  No compromises!  

I'm lucky in that my home has a proper garage for parking, and I have a reserved bay at the office.  

Fucking go on, wizz, sounds like you’ve got it made. 

Although I’m not sure a corrugated plastic  carport and a disabled bay is quite the level of achievement you perceive it to be. 

Guest Wizardsleeve
On 06/03/2019 at 07:48, Bubba C said:

Fucking go on, wizz, sounds like you’ve got it made. 

Although I’m not sure a corrugated plastic  carport and a disabled bay is quite the level of achievement you perceive it to be. 

Any port in a storm, Bubba!  

• 1 month later...

Whilst I am not against folks having disabled parking badges the entire principle is now reduced to a mocking shop. If you need to use a wheelchair or are very seriously mobillity restricted for a physical reason I see no objection. However from what I see here in Torkey 90% of the badge holders and users have reasonably good mobility .. usually better mobility than I have. What seems really odd is that most of the disabled parking on double yellow lines I see here is on hills with a gradient of at least 1 in 10 in and involve a walk of at least 400 yards downhill to the town and a similar uphill walk back to the car (which leaves the question as to why they need a disabled parking badge) . Almost always the cars are parked dangerously close to road junction or severe bends or places that cause danger to other road users. To me a disabled badge should only ever be issued to someone with very severely restricted mobility who was unable to benefit from normal exercise. I would have course have all public places fitted with devices to painfully remove obese people from mobility scooters. I would also not issue such badges to people whose mobility issues are caused by the natural aging process.