CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Boeing Boeing

Penny Farthing

Guest Poesklap
7 hours ago, King Billy said:

Thank you for crashing with Um Bongo airways

Sigh... such lazy, casual racism. Worse still, it’s not even funny. 

The plane was brand new, the pilot was a pro, and Ethiopian is a good airline. They ferry hundreds of sunburned, fat, arrogant,  package-holiday tourists of your ilk from Zanzibar daily back to the UK.

Cunt. 

5 hours ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

Why, Ape? Is it because I make you look like a thick cunt?, I embarass you?, or I make you look like a thick cunt? Come on Ape, it's not that difficult, you thick cunt.

Errr yes, Drew, that’s it. You got me. How can I hope to compete with someone of your cutting wit and intellect?

#drewsday

Guest Wizardsleeve

I don't feel the least bit sorry for the toasty fucking cunts!  They purchased their tickets knowing full well death was a possibility.  Anybody who has ever been in a plane enters the fucking thing with the possible, if not unlikely, it will crash and fucking burn.  Fucking well get on with it.

Yet another spectacular example of a "whole lot of shit" for a nom.  

2 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

I don't feel the least bit sorry for the toasty fucking cunts!  They purchased their tickets knowing full well death was a possibility.  Anybody who has ever been in a plane enters the fucking thing with the possible, if not unlikely, it will crash and fucking burn.  Fucking well get on with it.

You seem to know a lot about shit Whizzle .. are you an iron?

24 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I don't like to prejudge but the 737 Max appears to have succumbed to unintended consequences of automated safety systems.

What makes you say that? I haven't really read up on the whole thing - seems like aircraft falling out of the sky is a regular occurrence these days..

5 hours ago, Roadkill said:

What makes you say that? I haven't really read up on the whole thing - seems like aircraft falling out of the sky is a regular occurrence these days..

These days aircraft falling out of the sky is in fact very, very rare. As for the Ethiopian crash, there is strong possibility that the aeroplane's Manoeuvring Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) forced the 737 downwards based on data received from a faulty Angle of Attack sensor vane. The device is used to warn and prevent stalling. The 737 has two of these vanes but only one feeds data to the MCAS. This is different to Airbus which has a three sensor "voting" system on its aeroplanes.

Guest Piston
6 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

These days aircraft falling out of the sky is in fact very, very rare. As for the Ethiopian crash, there is strong possibility that the aeroplane's Manoeuvring Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) forced the 737 downwards based on data received from a faulty Angle of Attack sensor vane. The device is used to warn and prevent stalling. The 737 has two of these vanes but only one feeds data to the MCAS. This is different to Airbus which has a three sensor "voting" system on its aeroplanes.

Indeed and an earlier Lion Air pilot was quoted to the effect that they were never made aware of the systems existence. Nor were they trained for potential problems but since there is no 'off' switch anyway I guess that makes sense.

7 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

I still like to know why, when you board a plane they look at your ticket and point down the plane and say "that way". I mean where else am I gonna fucking go? "Ooh, you're next to the pilot"! 

27 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Did you know all this or have you looked it up? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

32 minutes ago, Iam Ape said:

I have to admit that was way over my fucking head. @Mrs Roops can you explain it in janitor terms?

Guest DrCunt
1 hour ago, Roadkill said:

I have to admit that was way over my fucking head. @Mrs Roops can you explain it in janitor terms?

Easy.

One of the pilots was getting blown by a stewardess whilst the other one was off his tits on coke and booze.

The plane had a little malfunction but both pilots were incapable of responding to it and it landed a little sooner than everyone anticipated.

Shit happens, eh? Death in service and life assurance double and quadruple indemnities all round.

21 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

The thingy that tells the flight computer what angle the plane is at gave false readings.

I asked Roops the question to determine if she’s also an expert on avionics, to add to all the other things she’s an expert on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I'm sure you have heard of flight stalling. This where due to low airspeed (for whatever reason) there is not sufficient lift generated and the aeroplane simply falls out of the sky. Aircraft have devices to warn the pilot that a stall is imminent and pilots usually correct the danger by increasing airspeed or by lowering the nose which places the wings in more efficient angle of attack position to gain greater lift and so avoid the stall. Increasingly modern aircraft not only warn the pilot but also take control from the pilot to correct the situation. The problem occurs when the aircraft's computer receives faulty data and takes action to correct a problem that does not exist.

1 hour ago, Iam Ape said:

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 14:39, Mrs Roops said:

It would take a lot more than that to have me sliding off the chair. My IT field was in interface architecture, processing hard technical and scientific data into something that can be read at a glance in time critical situations, initially with medical devices, then automotive telematics, finally with avionics (glass cockpits). Before the site's stalkers bombard LinkedIn, my career took a completely different turn some 15 years ago and I now stack shelves at Tesco  as a Deputy Team Leader (Dry Goods) (and I'm only, ahem, 39).

I digress.

Many small and medium sized firms make the mistake in installing PC's designed for home use basically to save money whereas more robust machines should be used in the commercial environment. Also servers are less prone to maintenance issues if running on a Linux OS - not as sexy looking as MS Windows, but certainly more stable.

Guest Wizardsleeve
1 hour ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I still like to know why, when you board a plane they look at your ticket and point down the plane and say "that way". I mean where else am I gonna fucking go? "Ooh, you're next to the pilot"! 

It really would be better off as going to general admission and self service for food and beverage. Even the most elementary attempt to board passengers in groups, you get the complete flids who take their sweet fucking time putting their carry on in the over head bin.  They'll stand in the aisle, chatting and laughing, and acting like their isn't a departure schedule, or a queue of other cunts who just want to get to their seats, and begin counting the seconds until the torture ends by landing at their destination.  The torment usually involves some over size cunt, or a amateur basketball player with knees so far in your back, you've grown a second pair of tits, you've been sardined into a seat next to a tusker, or you're on the aisle, and the inevitable army of unseated, undisciplined, snot nosed shit cunt sprog are running amok with absolutely no parental intervention!  

1 hour ago, Piston said:

Indeed and an earlier Lion Air pilot was quoted to the effect that they were never made aware of the systems existence. Nor were they trained for potential problems but since there is no 'off' switch anyway I guess that makes sense.

This the sad part. The MCAS can be cancelled by the pilot manually inputting counter instructions on the autotrim. The suggestion is that this was not understood by pilots. Whether this was due to poor dissemination of air worthiness directives or poor pilot training has yet to be determined. Boeing has said that since the Lion Air disaster they've been working on a software patch which identifies faulty data to the MCAS and that the rollout should be completed by May.