CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Boeing Boeing

Penny Farthing

54 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I'm sure you have heard of flight stalling. This where due to low airspeed (for whatever reason) there is not sufficient lift generated and the aeroplane simply falls out of the sky. Aircraft have devices to warn the pilot that a stall is imminent and pilots usually correct the danger by increasing airspeed or by lowering the nose which places the wings in more efficient angle of attack position to gain greater lift and so avoid the stall. Increasingly modern aircraft not only warn the pilot but also take control from the pilot to correct the situation. The problem occurs when the aircraft's computer receives faulty data and takes action to correct a problem that does not exist.

Doesn't it also shake the control thingy to warn the pilot it thinks its about to stall?

Guest Piston
27 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

This the sad part. The MCAS can be cancelled by the pilot manually inputting counter instructions on the autotrim. The suggestion is that this was not understood by pilots. Whether this was due to poor dissemination of air worthiness directives or poor pilot training has yet to be determined. Boeing has said that since the Lion Air disaster they've been working on a software patch which identifies faulty data to the MCAS and that the rollout should be completed by May.

You are (as ever), sadly in this case, correct. A few snippets re the stealth MCAS:

Boeing and its oversight, the FAA, decided the Airlines and their Pilots had no need to know.

It can be stopped by the Pilot counter-trimming on the Yoke...

...which goes against what has been trained many times in the simulator for unwanted autopilot trim or manual trim runaway.

How should they know that pulling on the Yoke didn’t stop the trim? It was described nowhere; neither in the aircraft’s manual, the AFM, nor in the Pilot’s manual, the FCOM.

Source: https://leehamnews.com/2018/11/14/boeings-automatic-trim-for-the-737-max-was-not-disclosed-to-the-pilots/

So plane may be, as US FAA claim, fit for purpose...unlike the wingless-wonders at Boeing etc, for whom I hope the shit really hits the turbofan.

30 minutes ago, Piston said:

You are (as ever), sadly in this case, correct. A few snippets re the stealth MCAS:

Boeing and its oversight, the FAA, decided the Airlines and their Pilots had no need to know.

It can be stopped by the Pilot counter-trimming on the Yoke...

...which goes against what has been trained many times in the simulator for unwanted autopilot trim or manual trim runaway.

How should they know that pulling on the Yoke didn’t stop the trim? It was described nowhere; neither in the aircraft’s manual, the AFM, nor in the Pilot’s manual, the FCOM.

Source: https://leehamnews.com/2018/11/14/boeings-automatic-trim-for-the-737-max-was-not-disclosed-to-the-pilots/

So plane may be, as US FAA claim, fit for purpose...unlike the wingless-wonders at Boeing etc, for whom I hope the shit really hits the turbofan.

19 hours ago, Earl of Punkape said:

Have you had any software problems with your model Helicopter 🚁 ?

Why don’t you attach a petrol bomb to one and fly it into the Finsbury Park Mosque?

lol.

As the site's low-cost airlines steward, which would explain your consistent 5/6-day absences, what is your valued opinion on this Spunkers?

1 hour ago, DrCunt said:

Easy.

One of the pilots was getting blown by a stewardess whilst the other one was off his tits on coke and booze.

The plane had a little malfunction but both pilots were incapable of responding to it and it landed a little sooner than everyone anticipated.

Shit happens, eh? Death in service and life assurance double and quadruple indemnities all round.

Fucking hell I'm not missing that episode of Air Crash Investigation!

2 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

It really would be better off as going to general admission and self service for food and beverage. Even the most elementary attempt to board passengers in groups, you get the complete flids who take their sweet fucking time putting their carry on in the over head bin.  They'll stand in the aisle, chatting and laughing, and acting like their isn't a departure schedule, or a queue of other cunts who just want to get to their seats, and begin counting the seconds until the torture ends by landing at their destination.  The torment usually involves some over size cunt, or a amateur basketball player with knees so far in your back, you've grown a second pair of tits, you've been sardined into a seat next to a tusker, or you're on the aisle, and the inevitable army of unseated, undisciplined, snot nosed shit cunt sprog are running amok with absolutely no parental intervention!  

I've commented elsewhere on this site about having some fuckers bollocks in your face as they're fucking about with the overhead locker. I always wait and get on last. Always. 

Guest Wizardsleeve
2 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I've commented elsewhere on this site about having some fuckers bollocks in your face as they're fucking about with the overhead locker. I always wait and get on last. Always. 

Good on ya Gyppo!  You also just proved you can't possibly be one of Punky's sock puppets...he would have a blokes bollocks bouncing off his eyes before the overhead door could open.  

2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I'm sure you have heard of flight stalling. This where due to low airspeed (for whatever reason) there is not sufficient lift generated and the aeroplane simply falls out of the sky. Aircraft have devices to warn the pilot that a stall is imminent and pilots usually correct the danger by increasing airspeed or by lowering the nose which places the wings in more efficient angle of attack position to gain greater lift and so avoid the stall. Increasingly modern aircraft not only warn the pilot but also take control from the pilot to correct the situation. The problem occurs when the aircraft's computer receives faulty data and takes action to correct a problem that does not exist.

That can be overridden by the pilot I would have thought 

3 minutes ago, Earl of Punkape said:

Answer the question....

Anyone with half a brain would see that Eric and I were taking the piss out of a stupid, repetitive little cunt with our comments. Care to take a guess as to who the stupid, repetitive little cunt in question is?

On 12/03/2019 at 15:55, The Bishop said:

Its time for a new musical dedicated to the 737MAX

I thought this was some sort of nomination about West Broms sacking of their manager for being 4th in the league but black.  Boing Boing