CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Neil Basu...Assistant Commissioner Met Police.... Head of Counter Terrorism

Guest judgetwi

Guest 'eavensabove
1 hour ago, Decimus said:

We had an awful experience with two members of staff, both black and African. They both aren't fit to work and treat British patients. I'm coming at this purely from the point of view that there was a culture clash, plus a language barrier which I believe will end up endangering peoples lives. 

I haven't got a problem with foreign medical professionals purely on a racial basis. What I do have a problem with is the NHS employing members of staff with pidgin English who hold on to cultural attitudes that are anathema to 21st century medical practice.

Saying that, the treatment we received at the end of the process from local, British staff was second to none and they were a credit to the NHS.

Unfortunately, the language barrier is not just unique to the NHS. From call-centres to face to face meetings in all kinds of professions, many African and Jamaican individuals cannot communicate in an understandable language. It's one thing being served by a Taiwanese in a Thai restaurant for example (one wouldn't expect an Italian cooking it, would you) or sold a £20 bag of skunk from a Jambi, but that's about it.

You're correct when you say that these people aren't fit to treat patients, as some of them are, which is a major point. The y are qualified to treat, and so they should treat their own people, as the same applies when some White British nurse/doctor tries to communicate with a sick Black person in Africa. 

2 hours ago, Decimus said:

We had an awful experience with two members of staff, both black and African. They both aren't fit to work and treat British patients. I'm coming at this purely from the point of view that there was a culture clash, plus a language barrier which I believe will end up endangering peoples lives. 

I haven't got a problem with foreign medical professionals purely on a racial basis. What I do have a problem with is the NHS employing members of staff with pidgin English who hold on to cultural attitudes that are anathema to 21st century medical practice.

Saying that, the treatment we received at the end of the process from local, British staff was second to none and they were a credit to the NHS.

This young woman is I believe seeking employment at Addenbrookes and has learned much from her work experience placement. 

Intrigued by what sort of conversation you had in a hospital in which you could pick up the cultural hostility of the staff treating you. One can only speculate. 

4 hours ago, Decimus said:

I appreciate I come across as an old style bigot and I probably am one. I have to say, however, I have worked with people from all over the World and there are good and bad in all. It may sound liberal, but it has been my experience. 

It is easier and cheaper for the government to get cunts off the back of a lorry with some form of qualification, rather than take the time and cost to train people here. For me, irrespective of race or colour, that is the issue.

Guest judgetwi

May I point out that 95%+ of this thread has nothing to do with Neil Basu, the incompetence and political control of the Metropolitan Police or any other relevant shit as far as I can see.

Still, at least if Neil becomes The Commissioner I can bump this nom and claim to be a clever cunt.

If not then it’s blatant fucking racism.

14 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Unfortunately, the language barrier is not just unique to the NHS. From call-centres to face to face meetings in all kinds of professions, many African and Jamaican individuals cannot communicate in an understandable language. It's one thing being served by a Taiwanese in a Thai restaurant for example (one wouldn't expect an Italian cooking it, would you) or sold a £20 bag of skunk from a Jambi, but that's about it.

You're correct when you say that these people aren't fit to treat patients, as some of them are, which is a major point. The y are qualified to treat, and so they should treat their own people, as the same applies when some White British nurse/doctor tries to communicate with a sick Black person in Africa. 

Sounds like you're trying to justify apartheid.

15 hours ago, Decimus said:

If this was a social media post, you would become the subject of viral outrage for your blatant prescriptivism (which is of course tantamount to racism), and would be up against the wall before you could say "Justice for Fritzl".

Guest 'eavensabove
46 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Sounds like you're trying to justify apartheid.

Sounds like you're trying to make something out of nothing. Again. 

28 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Sounds like you're trying to make something out of nothing. Again. 

Lets' see now, white doctor/nurse should only treat their own people? TBH, I have difficulty understanding northern English and Glaswegian accents. You also have a history of using racially pejorative terms at every opportunity.  

7 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Lets' see now, white doctor/nurse should only treat their own people? TBH, I have difficulty understanding northern English and Glaswegian accents. You also have a history of using racially pejorative terms at every opportunity.  

In all fairness, I was the one mentioning the difficulty they had understanding my local accent, not 'eavens.

18 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

This young woman is I believe seeking employment at Addenbrookes and has learned much from her work experience placement. 

Intrigued by what sort of conversation you had in a hospital in which you could pick up the cultural hostility of the staff treating you. One can only speculate. 

One of the gentlemen in question was completely dismissive of my wife's concerns. Despite the fact it was her giving birth, he tended to address me more frequently, and also seemed to want me to validate what she was telling him, almost as if she couldn't be trusted.

Now, he might just be a complete fucking cunt, or, it might be because culturally he is from a society where women are treated as second class citizens. I would suspect the second, although I could be entirely wrong. I also heard a conversation between a black, African nurse and another lady on the ward. She was asking about the woman's "husband" and was told that actually, they weren't unmarried. Instead of leaving it that, she commenced an interrogation, why not, will you etc. When told that the lady thought the institution was redundant, she proceeded to argue against it with all the vitriol and bile of a happy clapping fundamentalist Christian.

Again, she might just be a cunt, and she might not be from an evangelical African society. Again though, I suspect the latter.

I have no problem with being treated by foreign doctors and nurses, I know that they are vital to the NHS, and I'm sure that the majority of them are very good. I'm just speaking from my most recent experience, and I found that our treatment was better at the hands of British doctors and nurses. 

Guest 'eavensabove
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

There's no mention at all in my post about 'only.'  You take it out of context, again.

TBH, I have difficulty understanding....  ….and You also have a history of it.  Period.

Would you consider it acceptable for a Welsh Dr to speak Welsh to their English patients? No, you would not. There is nothing racially pejorative about my post. There are plenty of jobs in the workplace where folks of any creed, race or whatever are very good at what they do. I, just like with several others on here, have justifiably stated and identified where such people often fall short.  

Edited by 'eavensabove

40 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

There's no mention at all in my post about 'only.'  You take it out of context, again.

TBH, I have difficulty understanding....  ….and You also have a history of it.  Period.

Would you consider it acceptable for a Welsh Dr to speak Welsh to their English patients? No, you would not. There is nothing racially pejorative about my post. There are plenty of jobs in the workplace where folks of any creed, race or whatever are very good at what they do. I, just like with several others on here, have justifiably stated and identified where such people often fall short.  

Bendigeddig!

50 minutes ago, Decimus said:

One of the gentlemen in question was completely dismissive of my wife's concerns. Despite the fact it was her giving birth, he tended to address me more frequently, and also seemed to want me to validate what she was telling him, almost as if she couldn't be trusted.

Now, he might just be a complete fucking cunt, or, it might be because culturally he is from a society where women are treated as second class citizens. I would suspect the second, although I could be entirely wrong. I also heard a conversation between a black, African nurse and another lady on the ward. She was asking about the woman's "husband" and was told that actually, they weren't unmarried. Instead of leaving it that, she commenced an interrogation, why not, will you etc. When told that the lady thought the institution was redundant, she proceeded to argue against it with all the vitriol and bile of a happy clapping fundamentalist Christian.

Again, she might just be a cunt, and she might not be from an evangelical African society. Again though, I suspect the latter.

I have no problem with being treated by foreign doctors and nurses, I know that they are vital to the NHS, and I'm sure that the majority of them are very good. I'm just speaking from my most recent experience, and I found that our treatment was better at the hands of British doctors and nurses. 

I’m afraid your last paragraph is far too moderate and considered to garner any sympathy from your average rabid CC contributor, most of whom would have no problem with a sweeping generalisation about the quality of immigrant healthcare workers. I’m glad you know better, despite your bad experience. 

Hope mum and your new arrival are doing fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'eavensabove said:

Sorry 'eavens, but if it sounds like a duck, then...

2 hours ago, Decimus said:

If truth were told, he was probably trying to assess your mental state, and whether your long suffering wife and kid should be put into a safe house. 

Now fuck off, you latter day Les Patterson, and get back to ironing me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I was referring to 'eavens.

I know. I was interrupting your ego stroking to let you know that I think you're wrong on the subject. 'eavens clearly hasn't worded his argument very well (it is 'eavens, after all), but it coincides with both what myself and Decimus have said. You're wrong on this, and you're wrong to push the agenda that political correctness takes priority over effective health care by skimming over the better constructed arguments and going for the low hanging fruit to secure an easy victory for yourself.

• Like 2