CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Good morning fellow EU citizens

PANZER MURPHY

1 hour ago, Panzerknacker said:

Guten tag fellow citizens its another lovely day in euroland ..glad to see y'all..continental breakfast is currently being served ..no gammon or bitter lemon though 

Panzer knacker

Welcome back, Panzy. As much as it galls and surprises me to say, I've missed you.

50 minutes ago, The Bishop said:

You got any tips for the Boat Race and the Aintree Grand National?

I see yer nhs lobotomy n efforts to depenis yerself hasnt worked pen baby ..as a european citizen ya could try reassignment surgery in a neighbouring country..but anyway tape it back n have a seat

Panzbaby

1 hour ago, Panzerknacker said:

Guten tag fellow citizens its another lovely day in euroland ..glad to see y'all..continental breakfast is currently being served ..no gammon or bitter lemon though 

Panzer knacker

Really? I'll come back to that later, though interesting you've bought a German phrase book... The reality is that the Irish are absolutely bricking it over the thought of a hard Brexit. They've woken up to the fact that should there be a "no deal" then Irish foodstuffs to the UK will be attracting a tariff but at the same time, non-eu imported beef for example, will no longer attract the 50% price loading imposed by the protectionist EU - forget about the "free-trade" deceit spun by the Commission, its all about protectionism. The Irish PM has now learnt to be more circumspect with his words. Remember his rash threat to ban UK aircraft from Irish skies? His spin doctors stepped in to say his petulance was "taken out of context" after enquiries' were made as to whether the flight ban included RAF planes that police and protect Irish airspace on Ireland's behalf. Last year, the Taoiseach also promised the Irish people "five years of income tax cuts" yet fast forward to last January and after some serious bean counting he then made the case to the Commission that after three years of Ireland being a modest net contributor to the EU budget that not only would it be unfair to Ireland to pay a substantially increased contribution to help fill the economic black hole left by the UK's absence but that the Irish had a good case for demanding compensation caused by Brexit. 

The Brexit process has become a national embarrassment not only due the British government's poor negotiating strategy at the outset but also to elements within parliament ignoring the democratic mandate to leave by attempting to keep us in the Customs Union in everything but name.

As for "another lovely day in Euroland" there are storm clouds forming. One way or the other the EU is desperate for the Brexit process to end; firstly they are conscious that "Brexit disease" is contagious and questions are being asked questioning the validity and purpose of the EU. Secondly and more importantly the EU has far greater issues that need attending. Quite simply, the EU in its present form does not work. Growth in the EU is the lowest in the world and people are waking up to the fact that true democracy does not function as the EU Commission is seen as unaccountable to the people. The Commission's response has been and always will be that more integration is needed. Ideally they want total fiscal, monetary, diplomatic and military control, a true United States of Europe. After Brexit expect a major existential crisis throughout Europe. Top o'the morning to ya.

16 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Really? I'll come back to that later, though interesting you've bought a German phrase book... The reality is that the Irish are absolutely bricking it over the thought of a hard Brexit. They've woken up to the fact that should there be a "no deal" then Irish foodstuffs to the UK will be attracting a tariff but at the same time, non-eu imported beef for example, will no longer attract the 50% price loading imposed by the protectionist EU - forget about the "free-trade" deceit spun by the Commission, its all about protectionism. The Irish PM has now learnt to be more circumspect with his words. Remember his rash threat to ban UK aircraft from Irish skies? His spin doctors stepped in to say his petulance was "taken out of context" after enquiries' were made as to whether the flight ban included RAF planes that police and protect Irish airspace on Ireland's behalf. Last year, the Taoiseach also promised the Irish people "five years of income tax cuts" yet fast forward to last January and after some serious bean counting he then made the case to the Commission that after three years of Ireland being a modest net contributor to the EU budget that not only would it be unfair to Ireland to pay a substantially increased contribution to help fill the economic black hole left by the UK's absence but that the Irish had a good case for demanding compensation caused by Brexit. 

The Brexit process has become a national embarrassment not only due the British government's poor negotiating strategy at the outset but also to elements within parliament ignoring the democratic mandate to leave by attempting to keep us in the Customs Union in everything but name.

As for "another lovely day in Euroland" there are storm clouds forming. One way or the other the EU is desperate for the Brexit process to end; firstly they are conscious that "Brexit disease" is contagious and questions are being asked questioning the validity and purpose of the EU. Secondly and more importantly the EU has far greater issues that need attending. Quite simply, the EU in its present form does not work. Growth in the EU is the lowest in the world and people are waking up to the fact that true democracy does not function as the EU Commission is seen as unaccountable to the people. The Commission's response has been and always will be that more integration is needed. Ideally they want total fiscal, monetary, diplomatic and military control, a true United States of Europe. After Brexit expect a major existential crisis throughout Europe. Top o'the morning to ya.

You're in favour of leaving, then? 

2 hours ago, The Bishop said:

You got any tips for the Boat Race and the Aintree Grand National?

I fancy either Cambridge or Oxford for the boat race and Tiger Roll for the National. No brainer.

I'm orf up to Worcester later to watch Harlequins bottle it against Worcester Warriors in the European challenge cup. But first I'm gonna watch The quins ladies team in their match 

2 hours ago, scotty said:

You're in favour of leaving, then? 

In terms of commonality of language and culture we have more in keeping with North America, Australasia and the Commonwealth yet we pinned our future to a mixed bag of economies and told our friends to bugger off on the basis that we were only 22 miles away from Europe. Modern communications, transport and logistics makes our reasoning somewhat moot these days.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Can you provide a source for this? I'm genuinely interested as if this is the case I wasn't aware of it.

I have access to some costly economic intelligence that I cannot copy and/or link for The Corner so you'll have to make do with a more populist explanation here.

16 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

In terms of commonality of language and culture we have more in keeping with North America, Australasia and the Commonwealth yet we pinned our future to a mixed bag of economies and told our friends to bugger off on the basis that we were only 22 miles away from Europe. Modern communications, transport and logistics makes our reasoning somewhat moot.

One of my arguments is regarding the fact that unlike the other large EU economies we face the fact that even to export something to France we have to send it through some kind of port. Dover is closer to Calais than it is to say Tonbridge. Yet you can deliver you item to Tonbridge whatever way you like. If it small enough you could even use a motorbike. Try doing the same if you want to deliver that item to Calais. There are issues of compliance that also place us at severe disadvantage, although in many cases we could apply for a derogation .. the problem with a derogation those is that you need to go through a complex and expensive legal process. Of course if the EU functioned properly those derogations would be in place automatically however doubtless France would see that as unfair. Something else that makes a mockery are the dutch fishing boats fishing in our waters under the British flag, then taking the catch to Holland for processing before being sent back to be sold in the UK. The West Country fishing industry has been devastated by this. The simple fact is that it is just as easy in practical terms for us to trade with non-European countries as it is for us to trade with Europe .. in some cases actually easier as we send it direct by sea or air without it crossing third party countries land borders.