CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Substituting Glastonbury festival for a personality

Guest Bill Stickers

Guest Bill Stickers

There’s nothing more irritating than hearing some pseudo-hippy say Glastonbury ‘changed their life’, and watching Coldplay on the pyramid stage was a ‘transcendental experience’

How fucking shit was your life before ‘glasto’, if lying in a farm resembling the Somme, listening to irrelevant shitty indie bands after a few tokes of shitty soapbar is the peak of it?

There’s a Glastonbury Facebook group full of thousands of these idiots, planning morning yoga classes and packing their wellies, novelty camping chairs and Prosecco three months in advance.

They’ll wear the wristbands for years to come, and bore everyone with interminable anecdotes about listening to Bob Geldof warbling on stage in some kind of 1969 battle re-enactment.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of festivals over the years,  and some of my best war stories involve tripping my box off at them, but glasto is a cross section of all society’s cunts all gathered in one place. 

1 hour ago, WILLY SHITTERS said:

There’s nothing more irritating than hearing some pseudo-hippy say Glastonbury ‘changed their life’, and watching Coldplay on the pyramid stage was a ‘transcendental experience’

How fucking shit was your life before ‘glasto’, if lying in a farm resembling the Somme, listening to irrelevant shitty indie bands after a few tokes of shitty soapbar is the peak of it?

There’s a Glastonbury Facebook group full of thousands of these idiots, planning morning yoga classes and packing their wellies, novelty camping chairs and Prosecco three months in advance.

They’ll wear the wristbands for years to come, and bore everyone with interminable anecdotes about listening to Bob Geldof warbling on stage in some kind of 1969 battle re-enactment.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of festivals over the years,  and some of my best war stories involve tripping my box off at them, but glasto is a cross section of all society’s cunts all gathered in one place. 

Off your head on poppers at gay pride?

• Like 2

My best fesitval experience was hurling bottles of piss at The Tygers of Pan Tang (Reading, c.1984 - trust me, they deserved it!)

Fair enough, if, like most of us, you have to take it from 'The Man' (not in a Punkers way) 50-odd weeks of the year, then I suppose sitting in a field, ripped to the tits on whatever you choose whilst watching a few dots on a stage half-a-mile away is some kind of antidote but like our friend says, these cunts do shite on about it endlessly.

Personally, if I'm not right up in the lead singer's grill, sweating like a sumo, in a shitty little club somewhere, whilst some whippet-thin plank-spankers crank out some righteous rock n' roll at Spinal Tap eleven, then it's not really cutting it for me.

Guest Bill Stickers
38 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Off your head on poppers at gay pride?

Based on this response I can only assume you were sacked from your apprentice role at fatty’s car wash, and have taken up full time employment as punkape’s understudy?

2 hours ago, WILLY SHITTERS said:

Did you consider your target audience when thrashing this out?

Considering the average age on here is in the mid-fifties, I imagine that half of them are going to be there this year wearing ill fitting Harvest Moon t-shirts and droning on about Woodstock, and the other half are currently busy shushing Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 whenever he goes above a whisper.

Guest Bill Stickers
37 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Did you consider your target audience when thrashing this out?

Considering the average age on here is in the mid-fifties, I imagine that half of them are going to be there this year wearing ill fitting Harvest Moon t-shirts and droning on about Woodstock, and the other half are currently busy shushing Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 whenever he goes above a whisper.

Imagine how insufferable RickB would be at Glastonbury, walking around in the sun like a shimmering ape, so rock hard over someone playing a vintage Stratocaster he has to crack one out in the portaloos.

And don’t get me started on steeley Dan, standing near the drum and bass tent declaring loudly ‘its not real music because it hasn’t got instruments in it’

Guest Bill Stickers
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Answer the question. 

I’m not dignifying the sordid proposal you PM’d me during my absence with a response.

Be gone. 

Guest Bill Stickers
32 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

My next door neighbours left at 3:30 this morning for it. I know because I heard the two toddlers being bundled screaming into the back of their shitty Fiat Panda. "No mummy don't want to go. Dont want to go". Poor little bastards.

Thank you for your topical response. Did you report her to social services? 

Guest Bill Stickers
4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

At least you have your very own front door, living the dream. 

We can’t all be astronauts Eddie. Glad you’ve realised your dream though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdqXQT3roae3spcV9vfaY

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

door.jpg

This looks like a place where the poor lonely cunt who lived there dies, and nobody fucking notices.  They're found on a blazing July day,  heating full on, Christmas tree in the corner and their mummified body propped up in front of the TV with a copy of the Christmas Radio Times from 3 years previously. "Last time I saw Mr Kleftiko was a few years back, emptying his crappy kitchen bin over the pavement. When I told him not to, he called me an idiot and slammed the door. I thought he'd had gone away on his yacht he told me he had moored in Monte Carlo" his neighbour said yesterday. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

This looks like a place where the poor lonely cunt who lived there dies, and nobody fucking notices.  They're found on a blazing July day,  heating full on, Christmas tree in the corner and their mummified body propped up in front of the TV with a copy of the Christmas Radio Times from 3 years previously. "Last time I saw Mr Kleftiko was a few years back, emptying his crappy kitchen bin over the pavement. When I told him not to, he called me an idiot and slammed the door. I thought he'd had gone away on his yacht he told me he had moored in Monte Carlo" his neighbour said yesterday. 

It looks like the jewel in the South London crown, Thamesmead. Offering views and aromas from the sewage treatment plant and illegal gypsy camp, which are adjacent.

I'm not OCD, but if some cunt doesn't centralise that doormat, I'm going to go fucking spazmonkey.