CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Guest Salty Piss Flap
4 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Is it any good? Been considering watching it for a while but it looks like a bit of a shitty period drama. Any cunts die in it?

I've been watching Poldark on PBS over here for the past four or five years. The first season was the last ever TV appearance of Warren Clarke (Dalziel and Pascoe) prior to his death.

The series itself isn't bad, but typical of everything else nowadays, there's a lot of misrepresentation of history due to the underlying current of PC, social justice bullshit. Poldark and his wife are a couple of relentless bleeding heart do-gooders and their interpersonal relationship is more reminiscent of a modern day soap opera than the 1700's.

She regularly mouths off to him, bitches about equality and in one scene, (laughably) even though he's a tough, military trained and highly competent fighter, she punches him in the face with her little girly fist so hard, she knocks him flat on his ass. But of course, he "deserved it" because he cheated on her with his ex.

Pretty fucking ridiculous. 

Kind of corny, but watchable enough, I guess.

Lots of cleavage. 👍

26 minutes ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

I've been watching Poldark on PBS over here for the past four or five years. The first season was the last ever TV appearance of Warren Clarke (Dalziel and Pascoe) prior to his death.

The series itself isn't bad, but typical of everything else nowadays, there's a lot of misrepresentation of history due to the underlying current of PC, social justice bullshit. Poldark and his wife are a couple of relentless bleeding heart do-gooders and their interpersonal relationship is more reminiscent of a modern day soap opera than the 1700's.

She regularly mouths off to him, bitches about equality and in one scene, (laughably) even though he's a tough, military trained and highly competent fighter, she punches him in the face with her little girly fist so hard, she knocks him flat on his ass. But of course, he "deserved it" because he cheated on her with his ex.

Lots of cleavage. 👍

Look up 'Poldark On Mopeds', a spoof done by Brit comedians Reeves & Mortimer. On the same you tube vid, is a spoof of Last Of The Summer Wine as well.

Marvellous Pythonesque shit.

54 minutes ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

Lots of cleavage. 👍

Everyone (women) keeps going on about buff Poldark is and he always seems to get his shirt off. I've never seen it. I remember the original one back in the 70s

Guest Salty Piss Flap
41 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Look up 'Poldark On Mopeds', a spoof done by Brit comedians Reeves & Mortimer. On the same you tube vid, is a spoof of Last Of The Summer Wine as well.

Marvellous Pythonesque shit.

I will look for that on YouTube.

A very similar PC bullshit thing occurred on the opening episode of the current season of another Brit show we get here, Grantchester. This is one I've never really watched because I found the actor who plays the lead character about as interesting as watching paint dry. 

Anyway, the season opener starts out by preaching at us about racism. A group of American black "church-types" are visiting Grantchester from (of course) the state of Alabama, which long with Mississippi, is known as the burning heart of the racist, bigoted 1950's American deep South, where the black visitors were already victims of typical ignorant white racists. Aaaaaand of course, they are immediately once again victimized by white racism after arriving in your country. 

Before it's over, one darkie is murdered and his young black female friend becomes romantically involved with the white star of the series. AND... on a couple of occasions, she is forced to summon her "super powers of black womanhood" to beat up some big, white, racist thug twice her size and save the helpless white guy from an ass kicking. This even though in past shows, he had always adequately handled himself with his fists. Pure crap.

This disgusted me to the point where I did some Googlin' and came across a couple of decent articles in the Brit press about how these show "airbrush" history by assigning modern day PC social attitudes to characters who are portrayed as having lived decades and even centuries ago.

Worth a read if you have a few minutes. You can substitute the handling of attitudes toward racism in the parts that talk about the way they handle attitudes towards feminism and the point is still the same.

Links:

Not in this day and age: when will TV stop horrendously airbrushing history?

Grantchester racism storyline criticised over political correctness

Guest judgetwi

Really? Pansy boy becomes a tv critic and gives us his review of some shite aimed at fat housewives with dried up fannies and equally boring pissed as fuck hubbies.

And NOBODY tells him to stick his leprechaun gnomes up his dumb Irish arse? ( that’s “ass” for you right ons )

What the fuck has happened to this site? 

22 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

Really? Pansy boy becomes a tv critic and gives us his review of some shite aimed at fat housewives with dried up fannies and equally boring pissed as fuck hubbies.

And NOBODY tells him to stick his leprechaun gnomes up his dumb Irish arse? ( that’s “ass” for you right ons )

What's up with ya ..narky little fucker ya..find a pube in yer take home curried rat..you need poldarking so ya do 

Panzbaby

6 hours ago, judgetwi said:

Panzer blocks people who say that so there is no point.