CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Anti-Waste campaigners.

scotty

On 26/09/2019 at 03:46, King Billy said:

Having been used to the SLR in my younger incarnation, which was a made under licence version of the FN assault rifle, albeit with an evolving list of differences, I have to say that FN is highly regarded by many forces in the western world who for obvious reasons couldn’t be seen to use any of the dozens of versions of the Kalashnikov.

I used the SLR for three years and many of my contemporaries still say it was ace. To be honest, I thought it was a fuckin canon compared to the M16 or the FAMAS F1.  The range and the ridiculously high velocity don't suit any scenario we're facing these days.  

10 minutes ago, ratcum said:

I used the SLR for three years and many of my contemporaries still say it was ace. To be honest, I thought it was a fuckin canon compared to the M16 or the FAMAS F1.  The range and the ridiculously high velocity don't suit any scenario we're facing these days.  

Disagree. The MOD spent a boat load at short notice to equip those in Afghanistan with 7.62 rifles from H&K I believe, as 5.56 didn't have the range in the vast deserts, unlike the rag heads AKs

NATO only adopted the smaller round at the request of the yanks. Good for thick bush but next to fucking useless across a mountainous vista 

4 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Disagree. The MOD spent a boat load at short notice to equip those in Afghanistan with 7.62 rifles from H&K I believe, as 5.56 didn't have the range in the vast deserts, unlike the rag heads AKs

NATO only adopted the smaller round at the request of the yanks. Good for thick bush but next to fucking useless across a mountainous vista 

I meant IEDs and racist biscuits.

30 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

The SLR was an excellent weapon a polar opposite to the plastic piece of shite that replaced it. Whoever thought a longer barrelled version with a flip down bipod could replace the flesh disintegrating GPMG needs to be stood behind a LAW 94 during firing. Soaked in petrol

The SA 80 was only introduced as the SLR replacement in the 80s because the yanks wanted all NATO forces to use 5.56mm rounds across the board. The SLR being 7.62mm had to go. Everyone I’ve ever known who’s used the early SA 80s hated them. An old mate of mine was discharged (honourably) because, being left handed he couldn’t hit a barn door with it, because the design made it impossible to fire from the left shoulder. Also it was a crock of shit initially with more design faults than Stephen Hawkins embryo. My old man who left the army before they came in was always joking “I’d rather fight the enemy with a ‘Johnny Seven’ than one of those fucking toys” He found this hilarious every time he came out with it. It was years later that I found out  a ‘Johnny Seven’ was a plastic toy gun from the sixties for kids. He was proper cuckoo my old man. He hated the Beatles and used to tell me if he ever caught me listening to any of their songs he’d batter me. lol.

8 minutes ago, King Billy said:

The SA 80 was only introduced as the SLR replacement in the 80s because the yanks wanted all NATO forces to use 5.56mm rounds across the board. The SLR being 7.62mm had to go. Everyone I’ve ever known who’s used the early SA 80s hated them. An old mate of mine was discharged (honourably) because, being left handed he couldn’t hit a barn door with it, because the design made it impossible to fire from the left shoulder. Also it was a crock of shit initially with more design faults than Stephen Hawkins embryo. My old man who left the army before they came in was always joking “I’d rather fight the enemy with a ‘Johnny Seven’ than one of those fucking toys” He found this hilarious every time he came out with it. It was years later that I found out  a ‘Johnny Seven’ was a plastic toy gun from the sixties for kids. He was proper cuckoo my old man. He hated the Beatles and used to tell me if he ever caught me listening to any of their songs he’d batter me. lol.

people who've only known the SA80 and it's derivatives don't have a problem. It's just old cunts who were brought up on the SLR can't relate to anything else. I dare say may dad thought the Lee Enfield was the dogs.

The GPMG remains, as does the insane decapitator .50 cal

5 minutes ago, ratcum said:

people who've only known the SA80 and it's derivatives don't have a problem. It's just old cunts who were brought up on the SLR can't relate to anything else. I dare say may dad thought the Lee Enfield was the dogs.

The GPMG remains, as does the insane decapitator .50 cal

I knew a fella in NI who was shot in Londonderry in the 70s when he was 15 by the army while he was rioting. The SLR round went in just below his right shoulder at the front leaving a scar about the size of a10p and came out the back taking most of the shoulder and upper back muscles with it. The scar on his back was the size of a saucer. It didn’t damage any organs and he made a full recovery, but usually the shock of the impact would kill most people. He was a big strong fucker and that and the pure luck of where he was hit that saved him.