CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Cunts who don't observe Remembrance Day

and

Guest Salty Piss Flap
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, I really don't want to be involved in schoolboy "my country is better than yours" arguments, a futile exercise as belligerents tend to present a myopic nationalistic POV...

Argentina had the numbers and the kit, some of it technologically advanced - Exocet anyone? The Junta also had popular support, though in the end that was short-lived.

In truth retaking the Falklands was a challenging task for Britain, not because its military was weak and ill-equipped but its infrastructure had been altered to deal with its NATO commitments and N Ireland. At the time MOD planners and the political masters had decided there was no call to be equipped for old-style colonial wars. In the end old style soldiering won the day. In fact American military commanders were well impressed by the training and spirit of the UK armed forces and reaffirmed the USA's decision to do away with conscription and rely solely on a professional fighting force.

I would not dispute any of that.

What I will say, is that if it were America rather than Britain fighting over ownership of some tiny, far flung islands half the world away from us, some of the ignorant, envious, America obsessed goobers around here would be yammering idiotic hate fueled screeds about American expansionism or how we mercilessly bully small countries into submission, etc, etc.

Britain's history is full of examples of expansionism and bullying weaker countries who were then forced at gunpoint into becoming part of what once was the British Empire. Apparently the massive guilt complex it created hasn't completely subsided in some people yet.

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, I really don't want to be involved in schoolboy "my country is better than yours" arguments, a futile exercise as belligerents tend to present a myopic nationalistic POV...

Argentina had the numbers and the kit, some of it technologically advanced - Exocet anyone? The Junta also had popular support, though in the end that was short-lived.

In truth retaking the Falklands was a challenging task for Britain, not because its military was weak and ill-equipped but its infrastructure had been altered to deal with its NATO commitments and N Ireland. At the time MOD planners and the political masters had decided there was no call to be equipped for old-style colonial wars. In the end old style soldiering won the day. In fact American military commanders were well impressed by the training and spirit of the UK armed forces and reaffirmed the USA's decision to do away with conscription and rely solely on a professional fighting force.

Luckily the Argentine command hadn't figured out why most of their bombs just bounced off the decks of the British ships, even after The Graudian decided to print the reason, the fuses were set to detonate at a different height, thus nearly giving the game away. It's a pity the shitrag weren't done for treason. The cunts. 

35 minutes ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

What I will say, is that if it were America rather than Britain fighting over ownership of some tiny, far flung islands half the world away from us, some of the ignorant, envious, America obsessed goobers around here would be yammering idiotic hate fueled screeds about American expansionism or how we mercilessly bully small countries into submission, etc, etc.

Britain's history is full of examples of expansionism and bullying weaker countries who were then forced at gunpoint into becoming part of what once was the British Empire. Apparently the massive guilt complex it created hasn't completely subsided in some people yet.

I'm sure there's enough cunts who have awards with the words 'Empire' in the title, who are racked with guilt. 

Guest Salty Piss Flap
48 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I'm sure there's enough cunts who have awards with the words 'Empire' in the title, who are racked with guilt. 

Depending upon how those awards, titles, etc were obtained and the level of conscience one has, I'm sure there are.

2 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

I'm sure you can confirm, but wasn't a recent Argie government offered a very lucrative partnership with the UK regarding exploitation of natural resources in the territorial waters, yet they told us to piss off as they still regard the area as theirs?

Many approaches have been made to the Argentinians with offers of joint ventures into fish stock control (ie excluding the rest of the world from fishing) tourism and oil and gas exploration. Unfortunately, sovereignty of the islands is hard-wired into the Argy mindset so they have rejected everything unless the islands are ceded over to Argentina. One day it might occur to them to get a foot in the door...

If truth be known British governments would be delighted to get rid of what is after all, a financial millstone, however with the ghosts of St Margaret and 250 odd British servicemen wafting through the corridors of Whitehall that will never happen as the mantra is that the Falklanders' right to self determination must be respected. If only the mandarins would apply that philosophy to the rights of citizens living on the mainland.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Many approaches have been made to the Argentinians with offers of joint ventures into fish stock control (ie excluding the rest of the world from fishing) tourism and oil and gas exploration. Unfortunately, sovereignty of the islands is hard-wired into the Argy mindset so they have rejected everything unless the islands are ceded over to Argentina. One day it might occur to them to get a foot in the door...

If truth be known British governments would be delighted to get rid of what is after all, a financial millstone, however with the ghosts of St Margaret and 250 odd British servicemen wafting through the corridors of Whitehall that will never happen as the mantra is that the Falklanders' right to self determination must be respected. If only the mandarins would apply that philosophy to the rights of citizens living on the mainland.

I think you will find that the Falkland Islanders have recently become super wealthy due to some discovery of minerals, possibly oil or gas. I can’t be bothered to google it. The Islanders are not interested in selling away their newfound wealth and leaving as they wish to remain indefinitely on their homeland. The TV program that I watched also made clear how determined the Argies are to someday regain the Islands, even though they have never legally been Argentinian property.. The only claim they have to them is that they are the closest country to them geographically. And obviously they would like to get their greasy mitts on the mineral revenues.

1 hour ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

People should study the immediate post war situation. On one side there were the Comecon countries and China who viewed the world map and saw themselves surrounded by Nato/Seato, OTOH "western" countries saw themselves surrounded by the reds and states that had the potential to turn communist. It was all about strategic positioning rather than a need to colonise.

Talking of colonisation I would say that all European countries were colonising the rest of the world. Britain, with its navy just happened to be more efficient at it than any one else. America did not colonise to the extent of the Europeans because as a "new" country it missed the boat. That is not to say it indulged in colonisation when the opportunity arose, having grabbed The Philippines, Guam and Puerto Rico as spoils from winning the Spanish American War. There was no American "hey guys, we've just freed you from the Spanish yoke, now be masters of your own destiny". Naturally, it would be churlish of me to comment on the trampling of indigenous tribes in America.

10 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

People should study the immediate post war situation. On one side there were the Comecon countries and China who viewed the world map and saw themselves surrounded by Nato/Seato, OTOH "western" countries saw themselves surrounded by the reds and states that had the potential to turn communist. It was all about strategic positioning rather than a need to colonise.

Shame AlphaGo wasn't around in those days.

BjJg.gif

5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Naturally, it would be churlish of me to comment on the trampling of indigenous tribes in America.

Buffalo Bill's
        defunct
               who used to
               ride a watersmooth-silver
                                        stallion
        and break onetwothreefourfive pigeonsjustlikethat
                                                         Jesus
        he was a handsome man
                             and what i want to know is
        how do you like your blueeyed boy
        Mister Death

Guest Salty Piss Flap
24 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Talking of colonisation I would say that all European countries were colonising the rest of the world. Britain, with its navy just happened to be more efficient at it than any one else. America did not colonise to the extent of the Europeans because as a "new" country it missed the boat. That is not to say it indulged in colonisation when the opportunity arose, having grabbed The Philippines, Guam and Puerto Rico as spoils from winning the Spanish American War. There was no American "hey guys, we've just freed you from the Spanish yoke, now be masters of your own destiny". Naturally, it would be churlish of me to comment on the trampling of indigenous tribes in America.

All true.

The issue here is one side constantly pointing the finger at the other, while ignoring its own side's similar past activity.

I would never claim that my country's hands are spotlessly clean, but some of these jerkoffs around here seem to be implying that their country's hands are.

Guest Earl Albert of Ross (Bt)
10 minutes ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

All true.

The issue here is one side constantly pointing the finger at the other, while ignoring its own side's similar past activity.

I would never claim that my country's hands are spotlessly clean, but some of these jerkoffs around here seem to be implying that their country's hands are.

Let's face you gobshite septic. Most English, and up to a point British, dislike Johnnie Foreigner, as you're one of them, just fuck off.

14 minutes ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

All true.

Here is one to ponder. A friend of mine was a radio officer on HMS Sheffield. He was killed, along with others, in the radio room, hit by an Exocet. His mother, and my mother were friends 'til the day they died.  My mother was French, his mother said many months later 'If the French hadn't supplied the weapons, some other country would have'.  We should all carry some guilt/shame.

6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

By spooky coincidence I'm putting you in the cooler for 48 hours. May I suggest you use the time for self-improvement by reading, learning and inwardly digesting the rules of the site paying special attention to Rule 5? I've declined the Clitorisallsorts application for puntership.

Which reminds me.  I used to like the plain black one. It reminded me of Winnie Mandela's love button, and I could chew and suck on it for 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, King Billy said:

I think you will find that the Falkland Islanders have recently become super wealthy due to some discovery of minerals, possibly oil or gas. I can’t be bothered to google it. The Islanders are not interested in selling away their newfound wealth and leaving as they wish to remain indefinitely on their homeland. The TV program that I watched also made clear how determined the Argies are to someday regain the Islands, even though they have never legally been Argentinian property.. The only claim they have to them is that they are the closest country to them geographically. And obviously they would like to get their greasy mitts on the mineral revenues.

If the government of the day didn't have the resolve to put 1000s of lives at risk for a tiny speck of penguin shit infested rock 1000s of miles away, the Spanish were poised to walk straight into Gibraltar and a big fuck you to their European partners. Let's not forget those pie-ella scoffing grease balls have two similar enclaves in North Africa  

33 minutes ago, Witheredscrote said:

Here is one to ponder. A friend of mine was a radio officer on HMS Sheffield. He was killed, along with others, in the radio room, hit by an Exocet. His mother, and my mother were friends 'til the day they died.  My mother was French, his mother said many months later 'If the French hadn't supplied the weapons, some other country would have'.  We should all carry some guilt/shame.

British intelligence was trying to buy every Exocet on the market at the time to stop the argies getting their filthy hands on them. The SAS even planned a mission to land a C130 at the airbase where the Exocet armed fighters were based and take them all out but it was deemed a one way trip. The recon party ditched in Chile 

1 minute ago, Stubby Pecker said:

If the government of the day didn't have the resolve to put 1000s of lives at risk for a tiny speck of penguin shit infested rock 1000s of miles away, the Spanish were poised to walk straight into Gibraltar and a big fuck you to their European partners. Let's not forget those pie-ella scoffing grease balls have two similar enclaves in North Africa  

The sangria guzzling shitbags are the dirtiest, filthiest bunch of cunts in all of Europe (after the Frogs obviously) Jailing those elected Catalan politicians the other month, and not a fucking word of protest from the EU, because they don’t want anything to rock the status quo, (no pun intended) incase they end up with another Brexit type situation on their hands. Having lived out in Spain for six years I can honestly say I hate the cunts and want them all dead.

8 minutes ago, King Billy said:

The sangria guzzling shitbags are the dirtiest, filthiest bunch of cunts in all of Europe (after the Frogs obviously) Jailing those elected Catalan politicians the other month, and not a fucking word of protest from the EU, because they don’t want anything to rock the status quo, (no pun intended) incase they end up with another Brexit type situation on their hands. Having lived out in Spain for six years I can honestly say I hate the cunts and want them all dead.

Speaking of Gibraltar, it brings to mind the statement of SAS man who greased the IRA shitebags on the Rock.

Prosecution "why did you shoot the suspect 14 times?"

SAS man "because the Browning high power only holds 14 rounds"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

British intelligence was trying to buy every Exocet on the market at the time to stop the argies getting their filthy hands on them. The SAS even planned a mission to land a C130 at the airbase where the Exocet armed fighters were based and take them all out but it was deemed a one way trip. The recon party ditched in Chile 

I am probably considerably older than you, and remember this incident. President Galtiere was a Grade A cunt, the people, the conscripts (boys) were not.  I had the honour of meeting 3 members of 2 Para. in 1984, and they said they would rather have shot the Falkland Islanders (ignorant inbreds, their words, not mine), than the Argie kids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Witheredscrote said:

The Argies were thoroughly proficient at walking backwards in battle, such as at Goose Green. Did the French military also supply their expertise in this particular field? Lol.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The Argies were thoroughly proficient at walking backwards in battle, such as at Goose Green. Did the French military also supply their expertise in this particular field? Lol.

I have only ever divulged my true French ancestry, and for which I am proud, to one member on this forum, and he is far more intelligent than you. So go on with the Nazi, goose, raped mother jibes, you unoriginal cunt. Decs & Stickers tired of them 3 years ago.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Witheredscrote said:

I have only ever divulged my true French ancestry, and for which I am proud, to one member on this forum, and he is far more intelligent than you. So go on with the Nazi, goose, raped mother jibes, you unoriginal cunt. Decs & Stickers tired of them 3 years ago.

At which point did I mention Nazis, geese or raped mothers, you deluded fucking anus?