CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Death of The 747

Last Cunt Standing

3 hours ago, Ape™️ said:

Always loved the 747, particularly the 747-400 which is what BA were using. When I lived in the area I used to go up to Heathrow on my R1 and park up at the end of the runway they were landing on, and just enjoy big jets coming in low over my head. The 744 was always the most impressive - an amazing piece of engineering, now pretty much consigned to the history books. Combine this with the premature demise of the A380 and soon we will never see large 4 engined passenger planes again. I agree LCS - it is a bit of a cunt.

There was something special about Concorde going supersonic. My twin regrets are that I never actually flew on it, and that Frank wasn't on board Air France 4590.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

There was something special about Concorde going supersonic. My twin regrets are that I never actually flew on it, and that Frank wasn't on board Air France 4590.

Indeed. Its a shame Concorde became such a money pit. One can only hope Frank travels on a third world domestic flight. 

44 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

Two very understandable regrets.

On a more vertical tangent the sound and fury of a space shuttle night launch was something special, but my ultimate regret is that I never saw a Saturn V go up.

20 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking it a bit of a Cunt that this week the world, or at least most of it, says goodbye to the 747. Other than the microchip, has any other piece of engineering so changed the world in the last 50 years? It was always a great start to a trip to see the Jumbo roar into the sky from a Heathrow car park, and it was a symbol of a different age, of energy and interconnectivity, and excellence. Far-off places were full of opportunity and promise. Now look at us. A shrunken, sullen and drab world where the modern flight experience is to shuffle onto a blue and yellow tube at Stansted, be crammed in to your rigid thin seat and be barked at by aggressive Czech Lesbians if you hesitate over paying £12 for a ham roll. Some joy has gone out of the world, as it always does when accountants run things.

Farewell Old Girl. 🛫

Roar into he sky from a Heathrow car park

I guess it's better than seeing the cunt roar into the Heathrow car park. 

Guest judgetwi
23 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Indeed. The writing was on the wall for large jets when the hub and spoke system of airline routing fell out of favour thanks to the budget operators who preferred smaller aeroplanes connecting regional airports.

Even so, the 747 was conceived, designed and built when Boeing was run by engineers and was a centre for engineering excellence. The priorities was safety and triple redundancy. When it came to safety all passengers flew first class in a Boeing.

It all went south when Boeing merged with Mcdonnell Douglas. Due to circumstances and perhaps some corporate manoeuvring the new company ended up with Mcdonnel Douglas men in charge. Boeing's top floor was relocated from Seattle to Chicago thereby isolating senior management from the engineers. What engineers that were left with the top team was replaced by money and marketing bods. Engineering excellence which focused on safety became another box to be ticked.  Some say that the 737Max disaster was inevitable when the two aerospace giants merged.

You know something Mr(s) Roops? The more I read of your know it all, expert bullshit on every fucking subject under the sun the more I think you haven’t fully transitioned yet.

16 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

You know something Mr(s) Roops? The more I read of your know it all, expert bullshit on every fucking subject under the sun the more I think you haven’t fully transitioned yet.

Gosh, a mildly cryptic comment from the Judge - whatever next?

2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Having just read through yesterday's discourse I now realise "transitioning" was a major topic of the day so perhaps Judge was not so cryptic. Phew, equilibrium restored!

Guest judgetwi
2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

38 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Having just read through yesterday's discourse I now realise "transitioning" was a major topic of the day so perhaps Judge was not so cryptic. Phew, equilibrium restored!

Two suitably bitchy comments but i’m not convinced.

On 19/07/2020 at 00:53, Last Cunt Standing said:

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking it a bit of a Cunt that this week the world, or at least most of it, says goodbye to the 747. Other than the microchip, has any other piece of engineering so changed the world in the last 50 years?

Farewell Old Girl. 🛫

Lots of things have changed the world far more than the 747  and it was soon outsold and outclassed by more efficient twin jets.

On 19/07/2020 at 04:43, Last Cunt Standing said:

I retired to the sunshine with my wife after a career dealing with 30 plus problems a day at ten minute intervals. 

Those self checkouts are the most unreliable fucking thing ever. Fucking up every ten minutes or so.

On 20/07/2020 at 12:21, Mrs Roops said:

It's not a dream, we ALL are transitioning. Dr Johnson will see you now so make sure you are wearing a fresh pair of knickers. 

22 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Lots of things have changed the world far more than the 747  and it was soon outsold and outclassed by more efficient twin jets.

One thing that would certainly change the world for the better would be for you to no longer exist. As for your “soon outsold and outclassed” drivel - you clearly have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.