CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Apple, Yanks, Paddies, EU (again) and dodgy tax bills

Guest DingTheRioja

Guest DingTheRioja

Apparently Apple is facing a bill of billions of backtax in Ireland due to an EU ruling that the tax incentives Ireland gave Apple amount to state support and therefore illegal...

Apple is going to appeal the decision.  Fair enough, I would.

The Irish Govt are going to appeal it, they don't want billions in tax paid to them.... in case they lose Apple as a business, they channel international sales through there to dodge, I mean limit, their tax bill.

The US treasury are also wading in complaining about this " US Treasury Department said the European Commission was in danger of becoming a "supra-national tax authority" overriding the tax codes of its member states. ".. but last week they told us to stay in the EU... Fuck off!

BBC North America technology reporter Dave Lee says that the US Treasury is concerned that if there is a big EU tax bill for Apple, as expected, then Apple will set off at least some of that against the tax it would be paying in the US.

"So it's essentially shifting billions of dollars from the US economy, from the US tax-pot, into Europe. The US says Europe simply doesn't deserve that money, because all the hard work that goes into creating the iPhone and other Apple products... takes place in the US, and not in Europe."

So if we make anything and sell it in the US that means we don't pay any US taxes, because it was made here?  Like to see anyone get away with that fucker with the IRS...

Oh and what about the asian child/slave labourers hard work...?

Fucking yanks.  Fucking paddies.  Fucking Apple.  Well done EU.. shit...

Guest Even bigger cunt.
24 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Seeing as the iPhone has parts made by Samsung that are made in S. Korea I don't see how Apple is completely made in the USA.

Designed by Apple in California but the Iphone is assembled in China. 

Guest DingTheRioja

components that go into the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6:

• Accelerometer: Bosch in Germany. Invensense in the United States.
  • Audio Chipsets and Codec: Cirrus Logic in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
  • Baseband processor: Qualcomm in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
  • Batteries: Samsung in South Korea. Huizhou Desay Battery in China.
  • Cameras: Sony in Japan. OmniVision in the United States produces the front-facing FaceTime camera chip but subcontracts TMSC (in Taiwan) for manufacturing.
  • Chipsets and Processors: Samsung in South Korea and TSMC in Taiwan. Alongside their partner GlobalFoundries in the United States.
  • Controller Chips: PMC Sierra and Broadcom Corp in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
  • Display: Japan Display and Sharp in Japan. LG Display in South Korea.
  • DRAM: TSMC in Taiwan. SK Hynix in South Korea.
  • eCompass: Alps Electric in Japan.
  • Fingerprint sensor authentication: Authentec makes it in China but outsources it to Taiwan for manufacturing.
  • Flash memory: Toshiba in Japan and Samsung in South Korea.
  • Gyroscope: STMicroelectronics in France and Italy.
  • Inductor coils (audio): TDK in Japan.
  • Main Chassis Assembly: Foxconn and Pegatron in China.
  • Mixed-signal chips (such as NFC): NXP in Netherlands.
  • Plastic Constructions (for the iPhone 5c): Hi-P and Green Point in Singapore.
  • Radio Frequency Modules: Win Semiconductors (module manufacturers Avago and RF Micro Devices) in Taiwan. Avago technologies and TriQuint Semiconductor in the United States. Qualcomm in the United States for LTE connectivity.
  • Screen and Glass (for the display): Corning (Gorilla Glass) in the United States. GT Advanced Technologies produces the sapphire crystals in the screens.
  • Semiconductors: Texas Instruments, Fairchild and Maxim Integrated in the United States.
  • Touch ID sensor: TSMC and Xintec in Taiwan.
  • Touchscreen Controller: Broadcom in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
  • Transmitter and Amplification Modules: Skyworks and Qorvo in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing). 

I get 15 out of 23 lines are non-US, and 5 of the US are "outsourced for manufacturing"... bet they're not manufactured in the US... if not that makes 3/23 are US...

Now.. what about the child labour....?

4 hours ago, DingTheRioja said:

Apparently Apple is facing a bill of billions of backtax in Ireland due to an EU ruling that the tax incentives Ireland gave Apple amount to state support and therefore illegal...

Apple is going to appeal the decision.  Fair enough, I would.

The Irish Govt are going to appeal it, they don't want billions in tax paid to them.... in case they lose Apple as a business, they channel international sales through there to dodge, I mean limit, their tax bill.

The US treasury are also wading in complaining about this " US Treasury Department said the European Commission was in danger of becoming a "supra-national tax authority" overriding the tax codes of its member states. ".. but last week they told us to stay in the EU... Fuck off!

Ding, I'm opening up a market stall in Yarmouth selling disposable lighters and rizla papers. Could I interest you in becoming my sleeping partner? Punk and Eddie are front of house sales, but I could do with a sharp business mind like yours to crunch the numbers and draw me some pie charts.

Guest Bill Stickers
7 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Ding, I'm opening up a market stall in Yarmouth selling disposable lighters and rizla papers. Could I interest you in becoming my sleeping partner? Punk and Eddie are front of house sales, but I could do with a sharp business mind like yours to crunch the numbers and draw me some pie charts.

Someone with a mind as sharp as ding, they don't come around very often. Why would he slum it in Yarmouth when he can spend his days in the Spanish Costas, balls deep in supermodels in the back of his trailer-horsebox?

Guest DingTheRioja
28 minutes ago, Manky said:

Did someone mention pies?

Hands off you greedy cunt!

4 hours ago, Ollyboro said:

We've still got the Ashes.

Fuck off!

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

No, you wouldn't understand the pretty pictures.

16 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

No, you wouldn't understand the pretty pictures.

Fuck that, you cunt, I won't take no for an answer. Put down your Maynard Keynes essay and have a look at some of my merchandise. What's your first quarterly profit prediction?

PolyStation.JPG

a98581_knockoff_6-hello-titty.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Bill Stickers
7 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Fuck that, you cunt, I won't take no for an answer. Put down your Maynard Keynes essay and have a look at some of my merchandise. What's your first quarterly profit prediction?

PolyStation.JPG

The business is really taking shape. All you need now are some batteries by brands nobody has ever heard of, a decent collection of cellophane twined string, and some blank casette tapes and you'll have the market quite literally cornered. 

Guest DingTheRioja
1 hour ago, Decimus said:

PolyStation.JPG

Get both sides of the market...

82312aeb6abf588ddb090cf0be866e35.jpg

2 minutes ago, deebom said:

I'm intrigued as to what games are actually on those machines.

I'm glad you asked.

There's Dingtris, a version of Tetris, where you have to stack the highest amount of multi-quotes you can in the correct order. Then there's a new version of duck hunt, featuring geese instead. You have to control a 2d avatar of withers whilst he runs about a marsh trying to fuck the highest amount of geese possible in under two minutes.

Finally, there's Frank Kart, where you drive Frank as fast as possible into brick walls with the aim of killing him as quickly as possible.

1 minute ago, Cuntybaws said:

If only there was a nearby jurisdiction for Apple to relocate all their money to. Somewhere with no pride or principles. Somewhere that had just voted to leave the EU perhaps.

Isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins? Principles are fine if you have no intention of sticking to them. The paddies are in line for 2,400 pounds per head if the tax bill is paid in full. I am currently negotiating with them to swap it for a hundredweight bag of Maris Pipers

13 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

If only there was a nearby jurisdiction for Apple to relocate all their money to. Somewhere with no pride or principles. Somewhere that had just voted to leave the EU perhaps.

Perhaps they could stash it under Jazz's mattress, alongside his lalique collection and his own personal fortune.

• Like 1