CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Cunts who want free PrEP

Earl of Punkape

More utter shite

What would you say if a powerful cyclists’ pressure group ganged up on the NHS and lobbied it to provide free cycle helmets to anyone who asked for one, accusing it of having on its hands the blood of every helmet-less cyclist who died while the NHS tried to spurn the demand? I think I can guess the answer in the case of most readers: fuck off and buy your own helmets.

Why, then, does it become such a different matter when the National Aids Trust demands that the NHS provide a free supply of a drug known as Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, or PrEP, to people who want to have unprotected sex with multiple partners. The proposal has raised hardly any protest other than a dry response from the NHS itself that it wasn’t sure whether it had the authority to prescribe a drug which is purely preventative – or whether that should come under local authorities. The idea was backed by Max Pemberton, editor of Spectator Health, last November.

The government has now asked NICE, the quango charged with judging the costs versus benefits of drugs, to carry out a review. It is not hard to guess what will come next. After a bit more bashing from the likes of the National Aids Trust – which has threatened a judicial review on the grounds of ‘discrimination’ — the government, afraid of being accused of homophobia, will give in.

It shouldn’t. If you are going to set a precedent whereby the NHS is expected to fund protective equipment to help people cope with the dangers inherent in their pastimes there will be no containing NHS spending. What would be the argument then for the NHS not providing free ropes and crampons to mountaineers or flameproof suits to motor-racing drivers? If they save lives, why not?

It is outrageous for the National Aids Trust to claim that failing to provide free PrEP is  discriminatory. It isn’t just gay people who are at risk from HIV infection. Heterosexuals run the risk, too, if they engage in unprotected sex with multiple partners. Moreover, only some gay men are promiscuous, and many are not even sexually active at all.

It is a free choice for anyone to engage in risky sex, and not one that it should be the job of the NHS to encourage – especially given that the drug isn’t exactly a guarantee against infection.   One study suggests a 92 to 99 per cent reduction in risk of HIV transmission for people who take the drug every day, falling off rapidly for those who fail to keep up this rigid regime, as many in the trial did.

Anyone who does choose to take the risks of unprotected sex, of course, has the option of buying the drug themselves. According to the NHS chief executive this week it costs £355 for 30 tablets. There, that’s the price of a couple of drinks a pop. Or, according to Max Pemberton, you can get a year’s supply from India for £600. So, if you want unprotected, promiscuous sex, stop moaning and embrace the globalised drug industry. Or stop being a fucking pervert.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Punkape said:

More utter shite

What would you say if a powerful cyclists’ pressure group ganged up on the NHS and lobbied it to provide free cycle helmets to anyone who asked for one, accusing it of having on its hands the blood of every helmet-less cyclist who died while the NHS tried to spurn the demand? I think I can guess the answer in the case of most readers: fuck off and buy your own helmets.

Why, then, does it become such a different matter when the National Aids Trust demands that the NHS provide a free supply of a drug known as Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, or PrEP, to people who want to have unprotected sex with multiple partners. The proposal has raised hardly any protest other than a dry response from the NHS itself that it wasn’t sure whether it had the authority to prescribe a drug which is purely preventative – or whether that should come under local authorities. The idea was backed by Max Pemberton, editor of Spectator Health, last November.

The government has now asked NICE, the quango charged with judging the costs versus benefits of drugs, to carry out a review. It is not hard to guess what will come next. After a bit more bashing from the likes of the National Aids Trust – which has threatened a judicial review on the grounds of ‘discrimination’ — the government, afraid of being accused of homophobia, will give in.

It shouldn’t. If you are going to set a precedent whereby the NHS is expected to fund protective equipment to help people cope with the dangers inherent in their pastimes there will be no containing NHS spending. What would be the argument then for the NHS not providing free ropes and crampons to mountaineers or flameproof suits to motor-racing drivers? If they save lives, why not?

It is outrageous for the National Aids Trust to claim that failing to provide free PrEP is  discriminatory. It isn’t just gay people who are at risk from HIV infection. Heterosexuals run the risk, too, if they engage in unprotected sex with multiple partners. Moreover, only some gay men are promiscuous, and many are not even sexually active at all.

It is a free choice for anyone to engage in risky sex, and not one that it should be the job of the NHS to encourage – especially given that the drug isn’t exactly a guarantee against infection.   One study suggests a 92 to 99 per cent reduction in risk of HIV transmission for people who take the drug every day, falling off rapidly for those who fail to keep up this rigid regime, as many in the trial did.

Anyone who does choose to take the risks of unprotected sex, of course, has the option of buying the drug themselves. According to the NHS chief executive this week it costs £355 for 30 tablets. There, that’s the price of a couple of drinks a pop. Or, according to Max Pemberton, you can get a year’s supply from India for £600. So, if you want unprotected, promiscuous sex, stop moaning and embrace the globalised drug industry. Or stop being a fucking pervert.

you forgot the lol

10 minutes ago, Punkape said:

You subside the fuckers then.

Fuck off.

Please accept my apology if that caused offense, Punkape: I genuinely thought you were gay! During the naive and limited time I've been on CC, you have talked much about bumming people and accusing others of having sexually transmitted diseases commonplace with homosexuals. That's all. If you are straight, or bisexual, I am sorry if my presumptuous accusation was insulting.

Guest Alfie Noakes
38 minutes ago, Punkape said:

More utter shite

I am actually mostly in agreement oh tiny penised one. I am with BUPA so waiting lists do not affect me, but there are many better uses for NHS money than this. Homophobia crap aside, this should be a benefit to you punkape, keeping you going longer so you can continue to be the closetted middle class poof that you are.

1 minute ago, Alfie Noakes said:

I am actually mostly in agreement oh tiny penised one. I am with BUPA so waiting lists do not affect me, but there are many better uses for NHS money than this. Homophobia crap aside, this should be a benefit to you punkape, keeping you going longer so you can continue to be the closetted middle class poof that you are.

You're a fucking disgrace.

Guest Alfie Noakes
Just now, Punkape said:

You're a fucking disgrace.

Never tried to be anything, you upper middle class wannabe. You encompass all that is wrong with this country. A poor imitation of your other sock puppets. 

Guest Alfie Noakes
3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Calm down Alfie,  he's making a monkey out of you.

I am not even raising an eyebrow let alone need calming down. It is all a bit of fun, isn't it?

24 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Spunkers has got a point here with his novel. However,it doesn't excuse the long winded bollocks posted here.

A shameless and unattributed cut & paste from the Spectator. God hates plagiarists. 

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/nhs-shouldnt-fund-drug-prevents-hiv/

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Its a fucking excellent nom, though. One of your best yet Punky.

If the NHS is going to spend any money on drugs for promiscuous people it should just be for women to terminate the unwanted foetus before it becomes a bigger drain on society.

And besides where's the fun in playing Russian Roulette with your life if you have no bullets in the gay-gun. The fucking homos would be able to afford these drugs for themselves if they didn't have to pay green fees.