CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

New year's Eve TV programmes

Guest Alfie Noakes
8 hours ago, Degenerategambler said:

Choices, choices, Robbie Williams or Jools Holland. You fucking cruel cunts.

Fuck all that, why let them choose? You are using a computer, there are plenty of alternatives. 

Still would be nice if they could do a reality tv style remake Cast Away with punkape playing the Tom Hanks role as far away from access to the internet as possible.

9 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

Frank refuses to "perform" with me.

Somewhat ironic that Kirsty was taken out by an all-too-real boat.

On a semi-related note, I saw that Christa McAuliffe's "Reach for the stars" was Quote Of The Day on BrainyQuote last week. That's ironic too, because exactly 50,000 years from now her right arm will reach Alpha Centauri.

3 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Somewhat ironic that Kirsty was taken out by an all-too-real boat.

On a semi-related note, I saw that Christa McAuliffe's "Reach for the stars" was Quote Of The Day on BrainyQuote last week. That's ironic too, because exactly 50,000 years from now her right arm will reach Alpha Centauri.

I feel sorry for Voyager 1. It's still trying to send us information and nobody's listening anymore. I wonder if the aliens will know how to play those LP's if they ever find it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I feel sorry for Voyager 1. It's still trying to send us information and nobody's listening anymore. I wonder if the aliens will know how to play those LP's if they ever find it.

I once posted a drunken full-page ramble on this theme on the late lamented "Not a Cunt" thread. Catwoman might remember it, but hopefully no-one else does.

The miracle was that Voyager 1 got that far in the first place. An error in the 30th decimal place during any of its gravitational slingshots would have meant missing the final flypast. What computers there were in those days simply weren't up to the job, so the majority of the manoeuvres were pre-calculated by hand.

I love that little tin bastard!

Pale-Blue-Dot.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I feel sorry for Voyager 1. It's still trying to send us information and nobody's listening anymore. 

Not strictly true. The interstellar data from both Voyagers is still arriving and being processed. The latest JPL operations reports can be accessed here:

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/weekly-reports/

Carl Sagan wrote a book inspired by the picture above, the "Pale Blue Dot", the last image ever taken by Voyager 1 in 1990 as it turned one final time to look back at Earth from the very edge of the Solar System. It begins, "That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world."

Punkape is a cunt.

1 minute ago, Cuntybaws said:

Not strictly true. The interstellar data from both Voyagers is still arriving and being processed. The latest JPL operations reports can be accessed here:

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/weekly-reports/

Carl Sagan wrote a book inspired by the picture above, the "Pale Blue Dot", the last image ever taken by Voyager 1 in 1990 as it turned one final time to look back at Earth from the very edge of the Solar System. It begins, "That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world."

Punkape is a cunt.

Is it true that by 2030-ish it will be too far from solar rays and will cease to function on any level?

5 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Is it true that by 2030-ish it will be too far from solar rays and will cease to function on any level?

It's mostly powered by plutonium radioisotopes, so loss of solar energy isn't the major issue. There's been an ongoing shut down of instrument systems to preserve power ever since it left the solar system - starting with the cameras that took these final images. By switching other things off and on again it should be possible to keep it going for a good few decades yet.

3 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

It's not had any maintenance in over 30 years and it's travelled through some of the harshest stuff a solar system can throw at a spacecraft. A lot of the instruments don't even work anymore, so it'll probably be dead long before the 30's. However if any satellite can prove the sceptics wrong it'd be Voyager 1.

Just now, Cuntybaws said:

It's mostly powered by plutonium radioisotopes, so loss of solar energy isn't the major issue. There's been an ongoing shut down of instrument systems to preserve power ever since it left the solar system - starting with the cameras that took these final images. By switching other things off and on again it should be possible to keep it going for a good few decades yet.

who are you, the Fat fuckin Controller or summat?