CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Sainsbury's.

Guest 'eavensabove

Guest 'eavensabove

My heart simply bleeds for these poor, poor fuckers, who have announced today that they only made a profit last year of £500million.

£500million per year is extortion, not profit. You cunts.

Guest Wizardsleeve
1 hour ago, Panzerknacker said:

It's hard to stomach alright...shop in the Germans place. .better quality and value  

Panzerknacker 

They are efficient. They give you a box with a ration of stale bread, meat that is just starting to smell, cheese and milk that went off a week before then they use a pneumatic nailer to secure a picture of a cunt to your chest at checkout. 

2 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

My heart simply bleeds for these poor, poor fuckers, who have announced today that they only made a profit last year of £500million.

£500million per year is extortion, not profit. You cunts.

£500 million is indeed a fair size of money. Bearing in mind Sainsbury's is a business that employs 163,000 people and that the £500 million is on a turnover of £26 billion, how much profit would you consider appropriate? It seems to be operating on perilously thin margins as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wizardsleeve said:

They are efficient. They give you a box with a ration of stale bread, meat that is just starting to smell, cheese and milk that went off a week before then they use a pneumatic nailer to secure a picture of a cunt to your chest at checkout. 

We obviously shop in different places wizz baby

Panzerknacker 

9 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

£500 million is indeed a fair size of money. Bearing in mind Sainsbury's is a business that employs 163,000 people and that the £500 million is on a turnover of £26 billion, how much profit would you consider appropriate? It seems to be operating on perilously thin margins as it is.

The 26 billion relates to all of it's businesses, not just supermarkets?

Guest 'eavensabove
4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, I assume that profit, is profit to Sainsbury's, and that is after all costs?  I'm not questioning their contribution as far as employing people, nor that they don't deserve to make money, but £500 million? Is it any wonder as to why all supermarkets in general are robbing bastards whilst also dictating who can afford to eat what, when or how. If they paid half of what they say they get, back into making our food affordable to all, then where would the need be for food banks?  Plus, this is Sainsbury's moaning about their profit, like its a fucking pittance. What would THEY consider appropriate then, eh? Double? Half as much again? They are all fucking greedy, the fucking lot of 'em. 

What must TESCO be making then, if Sainsbury's are doing so terribly badly. 

Guest 'eavensabove
3 hours ago, Witheredscrote said:

When I have to return to the U.K, which thank God is very rarely, I shop at Waitrose. That way I avoid having to mix with oiks.

Yeah. It must be quite a pleasant change for you, not to be one, or to mix with, Oiks. 

Guest DingTheRioja
7 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Well, I assume that profit, is profit to Sainsbury's, and that is after all costs?  I'm not questioning their contribution as far as employing people, nor that they don't deserve to make money, but £500 million? Is it any wonder as to why all supermarkets in general are robbing bastards whilst also dictating who can afford to eat what, when or how. If they paid half of what they say they get, back into making our food affordable to all, then where would the need be for food banks?  Plus, this is Sainsbury's moaning about their profit, like its a fucking pittance. What would THEY consider appropriate then, eh? Double? Half as much again? They are all fucking greedy, the fucking lot of 'em. 

What must TESCO be making then, if Sainsbury's are doing so terribly badly. 

Fuckall, £145m on double the turnover.. depending on which fag-packet calcs the directors use...

Guest Gong Farmer

Fuck 'em! 

3 hours ago, Witheredscrote said:

When I have to return to the U.K, which thank God is very rarely, I shop at Waitrose. That way I avoid having to mix with oiks.

I only shop at Waitrose whenever I have to go back to the UK. All the other supermarkets seem to frequented by scruffy cunts that are in there for their Aunt Bessie's pre prepared Yorkshire puddings because they're too thick fat and lazy to make their own.

Guest 'eavensabove
2 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

Fuckall, £145m on double the turnover.. depending on which fag-packet calcs the directors use...

Which one makes the most then Ding? I 'thought' Tesco was the larger profit earner... Still, £145m is not to be sniffed at, eh. I'd have had more sympathy for Sainsbury's today, if they declared they only made Jack Shite, and broke even...  

Guest 'eavensabove
9 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

Fuck 'em! 

I only shop at Waitrose whenever I have to go back to the UK. All the other supermarkets seem to frequented by scruffy cunts that are in there for their Aunt Bessie's pre prepared Yorkshire puddings because they're too thick fat and lazy to make their own.

Bahhhh. You cannot beat my local Mustafa Pat's home delivery. 'specially for his Ol' Yolk Premium 'am. Them weirdo cans of theirs, split the Waitrose shopping bags to fuck, and I tire of losing the fucking key to the poxy stuff. 

Guest Gong Farmer
1 minute ago, 'eavensabove said:

Bahhhh. You cannot beat Fortnum & Mason home delivery. 'specially for their Frey Bentos Corned Beef. Them weirdo cans of theirs, split the Waitrose shopping bags to fuck, and I tire of losing the fucking key to the poxy stuff. 

I remember Frey Bentos being boycotted at the time of the Falklands war, it didn't last long as everyone forgot about the Falklands war within weeks of it finishing and started buying the brand again. That was  a very important lesson I learned at a young impressionable age, that tough talk is for the most just shit talk..... hence Frey Bentos being back on the shelves within weeks of the Falklands war ending. I think I can trace my cynicism to anything political and coarsened group think back to the Falklands war.  

Guest 'eavensabove
2 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

I remember Frey Bentos being boycotted at the time of the Falklands war, it didn't last long as everyone forgot about the Falklands war within weeks of it finishing and started buying the brand again. That was  a very important lesson I learned at a young impressionable age, that tough talk is for the most just shit talk..... hence Frey Bentos being back on the shelves within weeks of the Falklands war ending. I think I can trace my cynicism to anything political and coarsened group think back to the Falklands war.  

I'd adjusted the post... But, fair comment. I'd wager that they have to pay the supermarkets for shelf-space, as with like many other brands. 

Guest Piston
6 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Ah, good old fashioned individual customer service.

None of that "Unexpected baggage in the dogging area" bollocks eh?

Splendid

4 hours ago, Witheredscrote said:

Try Booths (the northern Waitrose) if you're in the North. This excellent all round operation is run by Edwin Booth and Waitrose have tried to buy out the operation several times.

Some ordinary products are expensive but you don't end up in the same aisle as Ape or queuing at the till with Noakes and his courgettes.

• Like 1

Guest Gong Farmer
13 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

I'd adjusted the post... But, fair comment. I'd wager that they have to pay the supermarkets for shelf-space, as with like many other brands. 

I dunno, I think the stuff might actually have been canned under licence in the UK so some poor English cunts must have suffered from what was suppose to be a blow to 'the Argies'. There wasn't much to laugh about at the time but that was funny at least. I think it was The Sun that called for the boycot of meat pies so that the thick and hard of understanding felt that they were doing their bit for Queen and Country. 

3 minutes ago, Witheredscrote said:

Great shame that it wasn't Tesco that got nommed.  We wouldn't be able to keep up with all the comments from Ape, defending them. Half their profit was from the sale of own brand beans..... lol 

Why eat beans when you can enjoy an excellent Cassoulet.

Guest Gong Farmer
3 minutes ago, Punkape said:

Try Booths (the northern Waitrose) if you're in the North. This excellent all round operation is run by Edwin Booth and Waitrose have tried to buy out the operation several times.

Some ordinary products are expensive but you don't end up in the same aisle as Ape or queuing at the till with Noakes and his courgettes.

I'll never be in the north of England. The UK starts getting less posh and discerning north of the Home counties. 

Guest 'eavensabove
9 minutes ago, Piston said:

Ah, good old fashioned individual customer service.

None of that "Unexpected baggage in the dogging area" bollocks eh?

Splendid

I loved them weigh & pay checkouts when they first arrived. My entire trolley load would go through as carrots. Meat, booze, the fucking lot.