CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Theresa May

Eddie

Guest Mingeeta
22 hours ago, Roadkill said:

This shit seems to be happening everywhere, Trump vs Hillary, Macron vs Le Pen and May vs Corbyn. There seems to be an increasing disconnect between what governments are offering to do and what the population wants them to do.

I had some arsehole from Labour knock last night. Pissing down it was so I left him standing on the step and listened to him bleat on about how the Tories will raise tax, cut NHS and armed services blah blah, and I let him drone on for a good 10 minutes. When he finished he asked my thoughts, so in reply I asked him why all politicians and parties go on about main issues they think will get them votes, yet there is so much more people want.

Two issues I asked were, firstly prescription charges. Why are people on long term illness or usage of medicines, not eligible for exemption, it's only people on certain medicines who are. I am as i'm on Thyroxine, however, my mum when alive, was on about £40 worth a month, and had to pay, yet druggies are getting methadone for free.

Second question I asked, was why councils are so heavy handed when collecting council tax. I pay mine without fail 28th of each month, yet in December my boss fucked off on holiday, not paying me till 4th Jan. Paid it straight away, and paid again on 28th Jan. It didn't stop me getting a court order for a missed payment along with £60 court fee and £33 admin charge.

I also said if he asked them small questions he would be astounded at how many people would agree.

He stood with his mouth open, didn't know what to say, because they are the type of things they are not arsed about.

1 minute ago, Mingeeta said:

I had some arsehole from Labour knock last night. Pissing down it was so I left him standing on the step and listened to him bleat on about how the Tories will raise tax, cut NHS and armed services blah blah, and I let him drone on for a good 10 minutes. When he finished he asked my thoughts, so in reply I asked him why all politicians and parties go on about main issues they thinkbwill get them votes, yet there is so much more people want.

Two issues I asked were, firstly prescription charges. Why are people on long term illness or usage of medicines, not eligible for exemption, it's only people on certain medicines who are. I am as i'm on Thyroxine, however, my mum when alive, was on about £40 worth a month, and had to pay, yet druggies are getting methadone for free.

Second question I asked, was why councils are so heavy handed when collecting council tax. I pay mine without fail 28th of each month, yet in December my boss fucked off on holiday, not paying me till 4th Jan. Paid it straight away, and paid again on 28th Jan. It didn't stop me getting a court order for a missed payment along with £60 court fee and £33 admin charge.

I also said if he asked them small questions he would be astounded at how many people would agree.

He stood with his mouth open, didn't know what to say, because they are the type of things they are not arsed about.

It's also a blatant bare faced lie that the Tories are going to cut funding to the armed services. If anything they're proposing sinking too much money into them in their manifesto.

Wanker little busybodies who knock on people's doors to spread any of their beliefs be they religious or political should all be thrown in a big pit and burned. They always try and talk down to you or get pissy whenever you disagree so the best tactic is just to say "Not interested" and close the door on 'em.

Guest DingTheRioja
On 20/05/2017 at 6:10 PM, Monumental cunt said:

My manifesto is to buy all elderly people a Ducati ..... that will sort them out without any worries of old ages medical care.  Life expectancy 2 weeks..... but what a 2 weeks of fun.

Mine retirement will involve a ferrari and seeing how far across the channel I can jump from the white cliffs... anyone care to compete?

On 29/05/2017 at 6:40 PM, 'eavensabove said:

All of her canvasing is taking its toll. She aint half looking rough. 

CnVbcNxWIAAEer2.jpg

Neil?

Guest Lady Penelope

Its interesting that a lot of the tory political input on facebook and elsewhere is about attacking Corbyn on a personal level rather than the policies that the labour party is ropsing .. it is beginning to look like the tories are running scared.

Guest Ollyboro
On 2017-5-28 at 8:30 AM, Mingeeta said:

Haven't you got a bank account? Does your boss pay you cash in hand or something? If you had a bank account he could pay you directly into your account. You could then set up a standing order to pay your council tax. Instead of queuing at the 8 'til Late corner shop* to pay your bills and top up your pre-pay gas key.

*There is no suggestion of the store owner's religion or ethnicity. Especially if his prices are a bit steep.

Guest Mingeeta
3 hours ago, Ollyboro said:

Haven't you got a bank account? Does your boss pay you cash in hand or something? If you had a bank account he could pay you directly into your account. You could then set up a standing order to pay your council tax. Instead of queuing at the 8 'til Late corner shop* to pay your bills and top up your pre-pay gas key.

*There is no suggestion of the store owner's religion or ethnicity. Especially if his prices are a bit steep.

You obviously didn't read my post properly, he fucked off on holiday, never paid anyone.  Having a bank account, or standing order doesn't even come into the equation, he didn't pay us. 

Guest Gong Farmer
On 2017-5-28 at 3:27 AM, Mrs Roops said:

Ah, I think you're referring to a press conference given by Dutch-born Frans Timmermans, currently a Commission First Vice President, who remarked that the EU should "help" re-write the Global Trade Rule book. How or what this "help" meant in practice was not too clear but "reciprocity" (which can mean either increased free trade or a form of US and Chinese style protectionism) seems to be new buzz word. Some may be forgiven that this is shutting the stable after the horse has bolted but two caveats remain; firstly, the proposals does not suggest individual countries can strike deals alone - EU law on this remains unchanged. Secondly, Timmermans conceded that the idea was only a Commission "reflection paper" (of which there are many). The paper was published 6 months ago and as I understand only Sweden has responded positively.

I'm not sure that the UK population feel persecuted or have a "persecution complex". Aside from the usual national stereotyping which is directed both ways amongst all Europeans its worth pointing out that 48% of the people who voted wanted to stay in the EU. I will say that older people who voted out did so because they were fed up of being mugged by an establishment who assured them in the run up to the 1975 referendum that the Common Market (as it then was) was nothing more than a trading club and that a "United States of Europe was not on the cards. This particular demographic felt conned afterwards when non-trade EU directives started spewing out from Brussels. The '75 referendum was before my time but I was irritated by calls for increased political and fiscal harmonisation and the transfer of yet more sovereignty, be it executive, legislative and judicial power to the EU.  

I think I was referring to Mark Rutte's comments on Brexit in the Telegraaf just after our election. Rutte's choosing his coalition partners based on his VVD manifesto which in part wants to take the Netherlands out of the euro zone and negotiate concessions regarding trade. Rutte thinks that Brexit has given the government leverage to force the reforms the Netherlands needs to continue the recovery we're experiencing. His opinion is that if Teresa May thinks that she can demand concessions from outside of the EU then it's only right that the Netherlands can demand concessions from inside of the EU. That's pretty much the general consensus within the EU at the moment, if the UK expect special treatment then why not everyone else?

What EU directives do you think has lead to the older generation 'at least' feeling persecuted and hard done by? I asked my Brexit voting parents the very same question where they got the hump with me when they couldn't come up with an answer.  What directive, rule or regulation don't you like that caused you to vote yourselves out of the EU? They couldn't name one, not one except for something to do with straight cucumbers and what colour their passports will be once they've left the EU, passports that they won't be using to visit Europe because Europe is dangerous, full of rapists and terrorists and you can't get a decent cupper. 

Guest Gong Farmer
5 hours ago, The Lady Penelope said:

Its interesting that a lot of the tory political input on facebook and elsewhere is about attacking Corbyn on a personal level rather than the policies that the labour party is ropsing .. it is beginning to look like the tories are running scared.

She can't even be bothered to debate him. If Corbyn's the cunt she keeps saying he is then debate him. She's assumed that Brexit guarantees her getting elected,  The illusive Mrs May has also said that she won't be divulging anything to the public before or during the Brexit negotiations, nothing, you'll have to wait until the negotiations are finished before you'll know what the fuck she's gawn and done. That's respect for you. you don't need to know anything they cook up, it seems that you don't deserve to know what you've ultimately voted for until it's too late. Very open and transparent. Not even the 'undemocratic' EU gangsters are that furtive when they've already published and put their Briexit manifesto on the table keeping us filthy foreigners informed at every step, at least we know what their stance is even at this point of the proceedings and it's all about defending our joint interests.

Good luck there.

I suppose it's still odds on that The Tories will win, but May really hasn't done well in this campaign. She has come across as cold, robotic and frankly a bit weird. Corbyn I suspect has surprised a few people who thought he was the living embodiment of Private Eye's Dave Spart. On The One Show he was relaxed, warm and funny.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

I suppose it's still odds on that The Tories will win, but May really hasn't done well in this campaign. She has come across as cold, robotic and frankly a bit weird. Corbyn I suspect has surprised a few people who thought he was the living embodiment of Private Eye's Dave Spart. On The One Show he was relaxed, warm and funny.

We're not supposed to edit quotes, so I've re-typed yours with a few corrections.

I suppose it's still odds on that she'll win, but Roops really hasn't done well in this campaign. She has come across as cold, robotic and frankly a bit weird. Ding I suspect has surprised a few people who thought he was the living embodiment of a multi-quoting twat. On the Homelessness thread  his bowels were relaxed, warm and runny.

• Like 2

Guest 'eavensabove
2 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

We're not supposed to edit quotes, so I've re-typed yours with a few corrections.

I suppose it's still odds on that she'll win, but Roops really hasn't done well in this campaign. She has come across as cold, robotic and frankly a bit weird. Ding I suspect has surprised a few people who thought he was the living embodiment of a multi-quoting twat. On the Homelessness thread  his bowels were relaxed, warm and runny.

Ha! Out of allotments.

7 hours ago, Gong Farmer said:

I think I was referring to Mark Rutte's comments on Brexit in the Telegraaf just after our election. Rutte's choosing his coalition partners based on his VVD manifesto which in part wants to take the Netherlands out of the euro zone and negotiate concessions regarding trade. Rutte thinks that Brexit has given the government leverage to force the reforms the Netherlands needs to continue the recovery we're experiencing. His opinion is that if Teresa May thinks that she can demand concessions from outside of the EU then it's only right that the Netherlands can demand concessions from inside of the EU. That's pretty much the general consensus within the EU at the moment, if the UK expect special treatment then why not everyone else?...

My understanding of Dutch politics is not as comprehensive as my knowledge of the British political scene. That said I wish Holland well in their efforts to wrangle reforms from the Euro machine. David Cameron tried that and returned to the UK announcing a referendum on the basis of "major" concessions that he had negotiated. The reality was that the concessions were minor changes to the small print and some of those were to expire after a period of a few years...

The problem with demanding concessions from inside the EU is that it goes against the Euro mantra of harmonisation. The Eurocrats will resist as they will be fearful of opening a Pandora's box of other nations demanding concessions to suit their own unique characteristics. Personally, nothing would please me more than to see the whole EU edifice to implode and be replaced with a more sophisticated EFTA agreement.

Guest Snatch
7 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

My understanding of Dutch politics is not as comprehensive as my knowledge of the British political scene. That said I wish Holland well in their efforts to wrangle reforms from the Euro machine. David Cameron tried that and returned to the UK announcing a referendum on the basis of "major" concessions that he had negotiated. The reality was that the concessions were minor changes to the small print and some of those were to expire after a period of a few years...

The problem with demanding concessions from inside the EU is that it goes against the Euro mantra of harmonisation. The Eurocrats will resist as they will be fearful of opening a Pandora's box of other nations demanding concessions to suit their own unique characteristics. Personally, nothing would please me more than to see the whole EU edifice to implode and be replaced with a more sophisticated EFTA agreement.

So what your saying is you know exactly what's going to happen.

14 hours ago, Rick_B said:

Let's face it it has always been about that nice fragrant lady who shops at John Lewis as opposed to that nasty [talked to Sinn Fein he did]  treasonous [talked to Sinn Fein he did] man with the beard [talked to Sinn Fein he did]. As usual , packaging beats content every time.

Guest Snatch
23 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

It's an opinion based on precedent.

There are a million experts that know precisely what's going to happen after Brexit.

• 1 year later...
Guest Alfie Noakes
4 hours ago, Gary Neal said:

After much deliberation I have reached the conclusion that Theresa May is indeed a Cunt

Is that it? Care to share those deliberations that lead to your startling revelation with the forum?