CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Beetles

Guest Lady Penelope

In the absence of Apple a few words in defence of The Beatles. What they did that pretty much no other group had done before was to go beyond the pop format in the UK and produce new and more complex music. Pop groups, they weren't rock bands that term hadn't really been invented then, made a few records and either disappeared into obscurity or went into light entertainment.

Regarding Oasis they had success by taking the early Beatles stuff and ruffing it up a bit. What became obvious is that they didn't have anything remotely like a Sgt Pepper in them.

4 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Google jibjab. It will tell you everything you need to know about the idiot. 

In all fairness, Snatch, they hadn't invented the Internet yet when drongo's brain was forming, so he's not very good at it. 

Guest 'eavensabove
1 minute ago, Rick_B said:

In the absence of Apple a few words in defence of The Beatles. What they did that pretty much no other group had done before was to go beyond the pop format in the UK and produce new and more complex music. Pop groups, they weren't rock bands that term hadn't really been invented then, made a few records and either disappeared into obscurity or went into light entertainment.

Regarding Oasis they had success by taking the early Beatles stuff and ruffing it up a bit. What became obvious is that they didn't have anything remotely like a Sgt Pepper in them.

Have You, considered a Pop Group as a change of career? 

Guest Snatch
12 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

They were discovered in Hamburg where alot of British talent where playing the clubs. It was only after that they became big in the UK.

If no-one had heard them by chance in Hamburg the chances are none of us would of heard them.

17 minutes ago, Snatch said:

They were discovered in Hamburg where alot of British talent where playing the clubs. It was only after that they became big in the UK.

If no-one had heard them by chance in Hamburg the chances are none of us would of heard them.

True enough, but better that surely than being catapulted into fame by some dreadful TV talent show.

Guest Snatch
6 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

True enough, but better that surely than being catapulted into fame by some dreadful TV talent show.

I think they were overrated and they wouldn't get anywhere if they started out now.

Opportunity Knocks with Hughy Green was, I believe, the first of such shite talent shows.

Simon Cowell is a bigger cunt though.

Guest 'eavensabove
1 minute ago, Rick_B said:

There's no doubt that they influenced many groups, but then again so did the Spice Girls!  Mind you, they wrote a few decent songs between them, but as not as many as McCartney would have us all believe. As far as he's concerned, 'He' is The Master, and everything else is 'kind-of OK'  He's got the attitude of a cuntish know it all pig. 

13 hours ago, Rick_B said:

Catapulted to fame and 2 years later nudged gently onto the stage at Butlins, shortly to be forgotten. Goodbye Stavros Flatley, goodbye Diversity, you will not be missed.

Guest 'eavensabove
4 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Catapulted to fame and 2 years later nudged gently onto the stage at Butlins, shortly to be forgotten. Goodbye Stavros Flatley, goodbye Diversity, you will not be missed.

Whatever became of The Cunts Corner Quartet? Have you decided to down-tools and to take-up the Jews Harp instead? 

Guest 'eavensabove
12 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

No, I've formed a clawhammer/machete coalition with Fender, we're calling it 'Islamabash'

It's gonna be a Smash, Eric. I envisage a Christmas No.1 

Guest 'eavensabove

It was 60 years ago today

Sgt. Punkers went the other way

He’s been shirt-lifting ever since

Boy does he know how to mince

So may I introduce to you

The act we’ve known for all these years

Sgt. Punkers Lonely Gay Club Band

19 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

The act we’ve known for all these years

Sgt. Punkers Lonely Gay Club Band

I propose you are completely prohibited forthwith from posting any kind of rhyme, poem, doggerel or similar horseshit. I suspect I am not alone in my wishes.

Guest Snatch
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I propose you are completely prohibited forthwith from posting any kind of rhyme, poem, doggerel or similar horseshit. I suspect I am not alone in my wishes.

May I quote you to explain where you should of stopped your sentence? Thank you.

"I propose you are completely prohibited forthwith from posting".

Guest 'eavensabove
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

:rolleyes:

Why waste my time composing a rhyme

About Whoofy, The Corner’s Buffoon...

I’d rather take a shit

He’s enough to make me spit

Now let me just think of a tune. 

2 hours ago, 'eavensabove said: