Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Morris Marinas

My old mum used to have a pale blue Triumph Herald with red PVC interior, the engine fell out eventually. She also had a rather fetching 1974 curry-tainted shit coloured Morris Marina from new. Within six weeks, the windows had fallen from their mountings and the sills had started rusting. BL were cunts.

My old mum used to have a pale blue Triumph Herald with red PVC interior, the engine fell out eventually. She also had a rather fetching 1974 curry-tainted shit coloured Morris Marina from new. Within six weeks, the windows had fallen from their mountings and the sills had started rusting. BL were cunts.

That sounds more like the Fiat 128 that Count Bartelli sold me..

Guest ducunti

My mate bought a Chrysler Voyager off Bernie Ecclestone a couple of years ago, tight cunt wouldn't even haggle and yet he didn't mind bunging the kraut a small fortune.

They were super little cars.

Mine was shit. The starter motor packed up, the cylinder head warped beyond redemption, and it finished up doing around fourteen miles to the gallon.

• 4 months later...

The version which made me laugh was the Sports version. A two door "coupe" normally finished in that shade of beige which many BL cars had with odd coloured velour upholstery. A friend of my parents had a Marina Estate the rear floor pan rusted through after 18 months and he replaced it with the much better Ford Cortina Mark III. BL really did make some crap cars the Allegro with its square steering wheel the Vanden Plas version in particular looked ridiculous. Who can forget the Princess/Ambassador a wedge shaped barge, the pig ugly TR7 with its tartan upholstery (why?) etc etc. The real tragedy was that the old Rover company which made some great cars such as the P5B and Jaguar got absorbed into the BL behemoth. Then there was the final joke BL paid Ital Design to give the Marina a facelift and dubbed the new version the Morris Ital. This was so succesfful that Ital Design effectively disowned it.

Thanks to Red Robbo.

Yes, you're probably right. But throw in a large dose of arrogance, thinking we were still the best car makers in the world and selling our tech to the Nips for them to copy and improve on.

Nothing good ever came out of British Leyland. Vauxhall and Ford were much better, but still shite compared to anything from Germany or Japan.
It took interventions from Honda and BMW to improve Rover Group and make them produce half decent cars. As soon as Tower group took over Rover fell apart again. Greedy management not reinvesting profit into new products. Happened to motorcycle industry here throughout sixties and seventies as well. It took new money, vision and ownership to make Triumph motorcycles the international success story that they are now.

Guest ducunti

Nothing good ever came out of British Leyland. Vauxhall and Ford were much better, but still shite compared to anything from Germany or Japan.
It took interventions from Honda and BMW to improve Rover Group and make them produce half decent cars. As soon as Tower group took over Rover fell apart again. Greedy management not reinvesting profit into new products. Happened to motorcycle industry here throughout sixties and seventies as well. It took new money, vision and ownership to make Triumph motorcycles the international success story that they are now.

It just shows what a bunch of utter cunts have run this country for the last forty years when all we have to show for it is being able to say we build more cars here than most countries( albeit for foreign profit) and also deservedly so, our only success Triumph Motorcycles. Which is down to the determination knowledge and private financing of John Bloor. A lesser known fact was he went to the government a few years back and asked for funding to build another factory at Hinkley, Blairs shower of shit turned him down so henceforth a British icon the Triumph Bonneville is now built in Taiwan.

It just shows what a bunch of utter cunts have run this country for the last forty years when all we have to show for it is being able to say we build more cars here than most countries( albeit for foreign profit) and also deservedly so, our only success Triumph Motorcycles. Which is down to the determination knowledge and private financing of John Bloor. A lesser known fact was he went to the government a few years back and asked for funding to build another factory at Hinkley, Blairs shower of shit turned him down so henceforth a British icon the Triumph Bonneville is now built in Taiwan.

Then the bike I was looking to buy next year is off the list. I wanted a Bonneville but not made in another country. Shame on this useless poxy shower of shite country, we strive for nothing in this country and expect glory, but for what? A load of fragile service industries. Fucking shit, I am buying my own island and telling everyone else to fuck off.

Guest ducunti

Then the bike I was looking to buy next year is off the list. I wanted a Bonneville but not made in another country. Shame on this useless poxy shower of shite country, we strive for nothing in this country and expect glory, but for what? A load of fragile service industries. Fucking shit, I am buying my own island and telling everyone else to fuck off.

The speed triples and I think the Daytonas and the street triples are still British and made in Hinkley. The Triumph customer service is second to none they really are the best, so just go for one of the models still built in Hinkley, I had a 2011 speed triple it was one of the best bikes I've ever ridden the handling was better than my GSXR1000.

The speed triples and I think the Daytonas and the street triples are still British and made in Hinkley. The Triumph customer service is second to none they really are the best, so just go for one of the models still built in Hinkley, I had a 2011 speed triple it was one of the best bikes I've ever ridden the handling was better than my GSXR1000.

My old trident is past it after many years faithful service, speed triple makes a lot of sense. Rocket three is just too stupid for our roads.