CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Guest MikeD

12 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

If Paul Hunter had lived, there would have been 2 kings in the castle. Trump would have struggled amongst O'Sullivan, Hunter and John Higgins. 

It's impossible to say, but his break-building record (and ability to make fantastic recoveries) very much suggests Hunter was a multi-world champ in the making. Despite his banal style on the baize, Mark Selby really ought to be added to the names above. His stone-cold, almost unreadable demeanour and ability to frustrate opponents with first-class safety play – rather like serial endurance bore Steve Davis – is a recipe for winning big tournaments which require mental toughness. I have no doubt Hunter would have locked horns with Selby and Higgins in some absolute classics if his Masters encounters with O'Sullivan are anything to go by. Undoubtedly a massive loss to snooker. 

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

It's impossible to say, but his break-building record (and ability to make fantastic recoveries) very much suggests Hunter was a multi-world champ in the making. Despite his banal style on the baize, Mark Selby really ought to be added to the names above. His stone-cold, almost unreadable demeanour and ability to frustrate opponents with first-class safety play – rather like serial endurance bore Steve Davis – is a recipe for winning big tournaments which require mental toughness. I have no doubt Hunter would have locked horns with Selby and Higgins in some absolute classics if his Masters encounters with O'Sullivan are anything to go by. Undoubtedly a massive loss to snooker. 

Agreed, with one caveat. I absolutely detest Selby. He is, as you say, A complete match player and 3 world titles don't lie. But... he is so fucking dreary. He bores the shit out of his opponent and audience alike. 

John Higgins on the other hand is a similar style of player but has flair to go with it. He's just whitewashed Selby 6-0. The tired looking jock isn't quite finished yet.

• 1 month later...

So this year it’s Anthony McGill who puts Ronnie back in the studio, or perhaps for a shift behind the till in his Meadowhall store. If he’d have played the morning session with even half the intensity he did in the evening, he’d still be in the hat. Instead he switches off mentally. It’s boring now, Ron, and I never thought I’d say that about you. 

10 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

So this year it’s Anthony McGill who puts Ronnie back in the studio, or perhaps for a shift behind the till in his Meadowhall store. If he’d have played the morning session with even half the intensity he did in the evening, he’d still be in the hat. Instead he switches off mentally. It’s boring now, Ron, and I never thought I’d say that about you. 

He's just milking the 'appearance fees' now by virtue of the ranking system that keeps him in the mix. It's time he fucked off and then hanged himself from a tree after a massive downer caused by finding some nondescript fluff on his silk monogrammed pajamas. 

Mark Selby is now even-money to be world champion which seems like enormous value to me I’m sorry to say. I’m afraid he’ll probably beat Kyren Wilson, who needs a chromosome count in my opinion. Odd eyes. 

I loathe having to give money to epic Cunt Barry Hearn on Matchroom.com, but I’ll be getting my money’s worth this weekend at strange times of day. What’s the view of the Corner on where the trophy is going this year?

17 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Mark Selby is now even-money to be world champion which seems like enormous value to me I’m sorry to say. I’m afraid he’ll probably beat Kyren Wilson, who needs a chromosome count in my opinion. Odd eyes. 

I loathe having to give money to epic Cunt Barry Hearn on Matchroom.com, but I’ll be getting my money’s worth this weekend at strange times of day. What’s the view of the Corner on where the trophy is going this year?

When I look at Kyren Wilson's face, I suspect he's had a stroke. When I see him approach a shot, I'm convinced. The most awkward, unnatural player since Feargal O'Brien. He works hard at it though.

This year at Sheffield has been the most dismal I can remember since I started watching it as an 8 year old in 1980. The only positive thing is the return of Hazel Irvine. A woman who knows the sport she's presenting and strangely shaggable. Presumably the drippy, pretty Asian girl has departed to do make-up tutorials and fashion blogs.

And Rob Walker is a fucking cunt. Cringeworthy, false cunt. Holiday camp entertainment manager at best. Creepy fucking big nose cockwomble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eric Cuntman said:

When I look at Kyren Wilson's face, I suspect he's had a stroke. When I see him approach a shot, I'm convinced. The most awkward, unnatural player since Feargal O'Brien. He works hard at it though.

This year at Sheffield has been the most dismal I can remember since I started watching it as an 8 year old in 1980. The only positive thing is the return of Hazel Irvine. A woman who knows the sport she's presenting and strangely shaggable. Presumably the drippy, pretty Asian girl has departed to do make-up tutorials and fashion blogs.

And Rob Walker is a fucking cunt. Cringeworthy, false cunt. Holiday camp entertainment manager at best. Creepy fucking big nose cockwomble.

The utterly fake Rob Walker is surely a candidate for the most punchable face ever. He's rather like the Child Catcher on steroids, if such a thing is possible. Still, he must be totally legit if he's employed by the BBC, given the organisation's track record with its presenters.

And I know precisely what you mean about Hazel who, if I may opine, is a little more worthy than being 'strangely' shaggable. Do you think she has a penchant for potting the brown after the pink?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

And I know precisely what you mean about Hazel who, if I may opine, is a little more worthy than being 'strangely' shaggable. Do you think she has a penchant for potting the brown after the pink?

You’re thinking of the much missed Michaela Tabb, Wolfie. She’d even clean your balls afterwards. 

13 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Could be Wilson vs Bingham with the way it's going. 

I don't know about highest scores, but it would certainly break records for highest number of chromosomes in the final. 

14 minutes ago, Goober said:

Could be Wilson vs Bingham with the way it's going. 

I don't know about highest scores, but it would certainly break records for highest number of chromosomes in the final. 

Bingham is a fucking idiot. When he won his world title, he was asked by Hazel or big-nose how he felt... he replied:

"winner winner chicken dinner."

I want him dead. 

1 minute ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Bingham is a fucking idiot. When he won his world title, he was asked by Hazel or big-nose how he felt... he replied:

I want him dead. 

I won't be upset if he beats Selby. Whoever wins this match will be World champion. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I want him dead. 

You could be facing a choice of who you'd least like to win then... 

The game needs another Hurricane and a compulsory double vodka after every miss. 

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I won't be upset if he beats Selby. Whoever wins this match will be World champion. 

Unless the BBC demand that Reanne fucking Evans is awarded the title by virtue of gender in a non playing, inclusive capacity. Murphy didn't look happy about having to nurse her through a match a couple of years ago. Presumably he'd been instructed by 'Barry Kray' to make it interesting. 

Her and the chink bird have been given tour cards for next season. Not earned them, more box ticking. They might have 15 women's world titles between them, but let's be honest, they were playing pub league players that have never made a break above 60. Jimmy White finished her off between pints of vodka at the shootout. Don't be surprised if top male players are instructed to walk this pair of splitarses and make a mockery of world snooker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Unless the BBC demand that Reanne fucking Evans is awarded the title by virtue of gender in a non playing, inclusive capacity. Murphy didn't look happy about having to nurse her through a match a couple of years ago. Presumably he'd been instructed by 'Barry Kray' to make it interesting. 

Her and the chink bird have been given tour cards for next season. Not earned them, more box ticking. They might have 15 women's world titles between them, but let's be honest, they were playing pub league players that have never made a break above 60. Jimmy White finished her off between pints of vodka at the shootout. Don't be surprised if top male players are instructed to walk this pair of splitarses and make a mockery of world snooker.

Don't forget Jimmy's four grammes of nose candy between every frame. 

Top, smacked off his arse, bloke. 

31 minutes ago, Goober said:

You could be facing a choice of who you'd least like to win then... 

The game needs another Hurricane and a compulsory double vodka after every miss. 

I wouldn't mind Wilson winning it. I think he may, as many of you who know better than me suspect, have a few genetic obstacles. He isn't a natural, fluent player. But he does put in the effort and works hard at it. I'd rather someone like him win it and get rewarded for the hard work, than O'Sullivan decide he can be bothered and add it to the other titles he doesn't give a shit about.