CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Edge

Ape™️

18 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Absolutely, his guitar playing, combined with an on form Lynott vocal was a recipe for sublime greatness. Was the out of phase Les Paul a result of 1 or 2 pickups being mistakenly replaced upside down?

There has been a lot of speculation about this guitar. Clearly the neck pickup is the wrong way round, but that wouldn't cause the out of phase effect, but wiring it backwards would. I've simulated this with a second-hand Vintage V100 Les Paul copy I bought off eBay. The positioning of the volume controls is very important, bridge on about 8. neck on about 7 works for me. People who saw Peter in the early days said he would often make small adjustments to the volume controls during solos, bringing the out of phase sound in and out.

Most probably what happened with his guitar is that the magnet was replaced upside down so it's magnetically out of phase with the bridge pickup. He insists he didn't modify the guitar at all though,  it was like that when he bought it.

1 minute ago, Rick_B said:

There has been a lot of speculation about this guitar. Clearly the neck pickup is the wrong way round, but that wouldn't cause the out of phase effect, but wiring it backwards would. I've simulated this with a second-hand Vintage V100 Les Paul copy I bought off eBay. The positioning of the volume controls is very important, bridge on about 8. neck on about 7 works for me. People who saw Peter in the early days said he would often make small adjustments to the volume controls during solos, bringing the out of phase sound in and out.

Most probably what happened with his guitar is that the magnet was replaced upside down so it's magnetically out of phase with the bridge pickup. He insists he didn't modify the guitar at all though,  it was like that when he bought it.

As ever Rick, yet another fascinating post. Can't you post more often? 

The Edge...great? Like Rick, I’m not sure about that. He is the sharpest knife in the drawer by far in U2. Can be powerful and tasteful but just not enough output. His reputation is probably based on half a dozen tracks in total. As a person he seems ok to me. I met him once, out of the blue in Schipol airport. He was bored and wandering around. I observed that he should be in a private jet. He laughed and said such things were only used  for business purposes.

31 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

The Edge...great? Like Rick, I’m not sure about that. He is the sharpest knife in the drawer by far in U2. Can be powerful and tasteful but just not enough output. His reputation is probably based on half a dozen tracks in total. As a person he seems ok to me. I met him once, out of the blue in Schipol airport. He was bored and wandering around. I observed that he should be in a private jet. He laughed and said such things were only used  for business purposes.

How long did it take both of you to cum? 

Guest Earl Albert of Ross (Bt)
2 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

Whereabouts is that airport?

On 10/02/2018 at 12:36 AM, Quincy Cockfingers said:

Yes anyone who calls themselves a name beginning with a The capitalised 

He's a pussy, if he was hard, he'd call himself "The Precipice".

Guest Wizardsleeve
1 hour ago, Albert Ross said:

You DO care, or you wouldn't have replied.

By this logic, you care about your father having lied about having a vasectomy to your poor (probably drugged and drunken) mum.  

Like father, like son, Bertie?  

picture2-300x199.png

1 hour ago, Wizardsleeve said:

By this logic, you care about your father having lied about having a vasectomy to your poor (probably drugged and drunken) mum.  

Like father, like son, Bertie?  

picture2-300x199.png

No logic there Wizpiss, and I've said before, I've never known my birth parents, I was left in a handbag outside a convent.

Guest Wizardsleeve
9 hours ago, Albert Ross said:

No logic there Wizpiss, and I've said before, I've never known my birth parents, I was left in a handbag outside a convent.

Don't you mean you were just plain abandoned because absolutely nobody in your blood line wanted you?  You have potential, Bertie...you could be one of the great ones here.  Sort yourself out.  

30 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Don't you mean you were just plain abandoned because absolutely nobody in your blood line wanted you?  You have potential, Bertie...you could be one of the great ones here.  Sort yourself out.  

Jesus wiz you said the same thing to  me now im just a parody binman cunt, your leading the milkshake making  cunt into a false sense of security.

9 hours ago, Snowflake said:

Jesus wiz you said the same thing to  me now im just a parody binman cunt, your leading the milkshake making  cunt into a false sense of security.

And I’m still working in McDonald’s.

42 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Ah! I have a complaint. The other day I was in Gloucester and I'd thought I would try out a Grand Big Mac only to find that they had run out. Not impressed.

https://www.mcdfoodforthoughts.com

Sorry I can't help you personally, but try the above link. Gloucester is quite a hike from Llandudno, there's JDW in a converted cinema not far from the railway station, similar to the one in Llandudno. I hope you enjoyed you time there apart from not being able to try a Grand Big Mac.

Guest Wizardsleeve
12 hours ago, Snowflake said:

We have to word our comments carefully when referencing family members.  You'll notice I didn't insult or attack his bloodline, rather, I pitied them.  In his case, Snowie....pity just can't go far enough for the disdain and loathing the members here have for little Albert.  

50 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

We have to word our comments carefully when referencing family members.  You'll notice I didn't insult or attack his bloodline, rather, I pitied them.  In his case, Snowie....pity just can't go far enough for the disdain and loathing the members here have for little Albert.  

I'm astounded that people care that much.

2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Ah! I have a complaint. The other day I was in Gloucester and I'd thought I would try out a Grand Big Mac only to find that they had run out. Not impressed.

Which of the 4 macdonalds in the beautiful city of glawster did you visit? Beating you way past a shuffling mob of obese chavs no doubt