CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Which Songs and Music do you detest the most ?

Guest Weary&Disgusted

1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I may be exposing myself as an ignorant philistine here, but I've always found orchestra conductors really irritating. They act like they are superstars, but do the rest of the musicians really need some sort of miming wierdo telling them how to play their instruments, or could they manage perfectly well without ?  

99% of the work of a conductor takes place long before you get to hear the performance and the sound of an unrehearsed orchestra ain't pretty.  Without a conductor, particularly for new pieces of music, the orchestra simply would sound like a lot of individuals doing their best to fit in together, muscially speaking. Things like dynamics, tempo, pauses, etc. would be all over the place.  Starting and finishing would be a real mess too.  Having said that, conductors who conduct like they're having a fit are deserving of your comment. Some of the best I have perfomed with have been incredibly good at getting a great performance out of the musicians in a calm, reserved manner. rather than trying to "be" the perfomance. Also, conductors who think they are Gordon Ramsay can stick their batons up their arses. Good question.

• Like 2

Also, this guy.

I note Eric's general aversion to rap but this "musician" is in a special category of shite, all on his own. @Eric Cuntman, I would say to make a bee-line for this idiot when you take my...er King Frank's souped up chariot to do the you-know-what to the you-know-who ... but I'm afraid he died to get out of facing grand larcenry charges in 2013. Some people!

I believe @Gronda Gronda's a fan.

OPE.u80Wuw5rayPgHw300C300?w=160&h=150&rs

Guest Gronda Gronda
1 hour ago, KingRollo said:

Also, this guy.

I note Eric's general aversion to rap but this "musician" is in a special category of shite, all on his own. @Eric Cuntman, I would say to make a bee-line for this idiot when you take my...er King Frank's souped up chariot to do the you-know-what to the you-know-who ... but I'm afraid he died to get out of facing grand larcenry charges in 2013. Some people!

I believe @Gronda Gronda's a fan.

OPE.u80Wuw5rayPgHw300C300?w=160&h=150&rs

Whoever cut his hair must've used a spirit level.

3 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

Yes, but what MUSIC do you hate?

I have a perhaps irrational hatred of Florence and the Machine, specifically that smug-faced, up her own arse, ginger cunt Florence Welch. I've never warmed to Stravinsky either.

Or "The Camberwell Carrot" as she's affectionately known, down our way. 

Guest Gronda Gronda
32 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

'Blade IV' the fried chicken years.

When his picture was taken for the album cover, the photographer must've asked him to pretend to be a duck with a migraine.  What's with the lips? 

5 hours ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

Any song that can be sung on Songs of Praise by hypocritical folk who think singing a few bars of 'All Things Bright & Beautiful' will absolve them of their sins and secure their place in heaven. Fuck off, you're going to hell, cunts!

When people tell me I'm going to hell,  I say "I'm a member of Cunts Corner. I can fucking take it"! 

9 hours ago, KingRollo said:

99% of the work of a conductor takes place long before you get to hear the performance and the sound of an unrehearsed orchestra ain't pretty.  Without a conductor, particularly for new pieces of music, the orchestra simply would sound like a lot of individuals doing their best to fit in together, muscially speaking. Things like dynamics, tempo, pauses, etc. would be all over the place.  Starting and finishing would be a real mess too.  Having said that, conductors who conduct like they're having a fit are deserving of your comment. Some of the best I have perfomed with have been incredibly good at getting a great performance out of the musicians in a calm, reserved manner. rather than trying to "be" the perfomance. Also, conductors who think they are Gordon Ramsay can stick their batons up their arses. Good question.

Precisely. Orchestral pieces can be interrupted and performed many ways. As KR intimated much time is spent in rehearsal fine-tuning  a work according to the conductor's interpterion of the music score. This is why the mullet-haired Andre Rieu  can break away from the conducting role and play his violin as his orchestra are well practised to his preferences.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
14 hours ago, KingRollo said:

Anything by Arnold Schoenberg. How the hell ANYONE can call his stuff music is a mystery to me.

I haven't heard of him but will investigate further...

Guest Weary&Disgusted
15 hours ago, White Cunt said:

Anything Alpine.

Yodelling and oompah oompah brass.  Yes, probably something of an acquired taste.  

32 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Yodelling and oompah oompah brass.  Yes, probably something of an acquired taste.  

I would kill all the cunts who put oompah oompah into music .. I recently purchased a DVD supposedly devoted to saxophone every track was totally ruined by oompah oompah drum playing in the background.

1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I haven't heard of him but will investigate further...

Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you.

The particular piece I was tortured with many moons ago as an A Level student was "Der Kranke Mond" from "Pierrot Lunaire". I am not posting a link to it as even here, there are limits.  Perhaps you'll understand my genuine incredulity that he is counted in the ranks of composer... The intro with the flute lulls you into a false sense of security that although it is shite, it is nicely performed shite.  Then starts the singing...