CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE The truth is out!

King Billy

16 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I agree with you about training more nurses, they really should have a few more financial incentives for students to attract more talent.  You are right about our standard of education as well, although expect it to get worse before it gets better due to the country being skint for the foreseeable.  

Another thing is. Has anything changed? All the doctors and trainee doctors come from well off family backgrounds, especially Asian, and poor white working class kids don't get a look in. It's about £100+ K to train up a doctor - same for dentistry & 60+K. 

12 hours ago, King Billy said:

Enlighten us all as to the last time the population of Britain was put under house arrest, paid to stay off work, fed a daily rhetoric of a slow impending death and the economy closed down overnight due to the remote possibility that you might be involved in a road traffic accident? Try as I might I just can’t remember.

That's twisting the logic in my argument. Also you overstate your case. First, the chance of being infected with Covid is pretty high during a pandemic at peak. Same thing if you go onto a motorway at its busiest time and drive like a maniac. The "slow impending death" isn't and wasn't rhetoric - the highest excess death rate in Europe should tell you that. I think you are spouting anti social nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Its nearly 25 years since I graduated with a BDS so I'm reasonably conversant on the subject. German citizens can receive a free check-up, a maximum of two minor fillings and a routine dental clean without charge. More involved but essential procedures (deep root canal, extractions etc) is on a co-payment basis, anything more is funded privately.

I'd still choose a German mouth if I could get hold of one! This country's toothless population must be a tribute to the system you trained in. You will also know that on the basis of your British qualifications you probably wouldn't be able to work in Germany, most of Scandinavia and certainly USA due to not meeting their standards. Ouch! 

1 hour ago, ChildeHarold said:

I'd still choose a German mouth if I could get hold of one! This country's toothless population must be a tribute to the system you trained in. You will also know that on the basis of your British qualifications you probably wouldn't be able to work in Germany, most of Scandinavia and certainly USA due to not meeting their standards. Ouch! 

All rather academic as I decided that dentistry, whilst well-remunerated, was not something I wanted to do for the rest of my working life. My boyfriend (who is now my hubby) used his connections and I joined a medical device manufacturer and aside from a stint as a business analyst have stayed within the hi-tech manufacturing sector ever since. 

I do take exception to your inferences on the standard of British dental training however. Even back in my day, graduates still had to undertake a year's post-graduate training and certification before being let loose on patients. These days British Uni medical schools issue DDS/DMD degrees but the graduates are still required to complete professional certification and supervised work before they can practise on their own. As for your much vaunted German, Scandinavian and American qualified dentists, they too are required to spend 1-2 years completing British certification and supervised work experience before they achieve the required "equivalence" to practise in the UK. "Ouch" indeed.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

All rather academic as I decided that dentistry, whilst well-remunerated, was not something I wanted to do for the rest of my working life. My boyfriend (who is now my hubby) used his connections and I joined a medical device manufacturer and aside from a stint as a business analyst have stayed within the hi-tech manufacturing sector ever since. 

Have you lost your bite?

44 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

You have been a CUNT since Day One I popped up. And don't try to be a clever dick with that one. ARSEHOLE. 

Put your pants back on you big gaylord. Every cunt here had to endure a barrage of abuse on joining from long gone punters who make the meanies here look like Mother Teresa. It's the way one emerges from such attacks and gives as good account that matters, and from your largely childish and dog shite come backs, I'd say you won't last long, especially when roops gets properly stuck into you.

Take it one the chin and make us laugh or fuck off out of it. 

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I do take exception to your inferences on the standard of British dental training however. Even back in my day, graduates still had to undertake a year's post-graduate training and certification before being let loose on patients. These days British Uni medical schools issue DDS/DMD degrees but the graduates are still required to complete professional certification and supervised work before they can practise on their own. As for your much vaunted German, Scandinavian and American qualified dentists, they too are required to spend 1-2 years completing British certification and supervised work experience before they achieve the required "equivalence" to practise in the UK. "Ouch" indeed.

I was told at Guys Hospital that the Scandics and the USA were so far in advance of us in terms of general dentistry that British qualified dentists wouldn't have sufficient training. You only have to look at British teeth compared to say French, on average, to see how our system is deliberately underfunded and third rate. 

2 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Put your pants back on you big gaylord. Every cunt here had to endure a barrage of abuse on joining from long gone punters who make the meanies here look like Mother Teresa. It's the way one emerges from such attacks and gives as good account that matters, and from your largely childish and dog shite come backs, I'd say you won't last long, especially when roops gets properly stuck into you.

Take it one the chin and make us laugh or fuck off out of it. 

Are you in the Printers Union or Smithfield Meat Market? The days of ritual humiliation have long gone, like cold showers after P. E. or fish 'n' chips in newspaper you artefact. 

5 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Absolutely riveting. Do you have any insider information to share with us on the rumours of a secret government plan to reduce the width of double yellow lines by 1/2 mm? Or when the death penalty will be brought back for repeat knowalls?

16 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

I was told at Guys Hospital that the Scandics and the USA were so far in advance of us in terms of general dentistry that British qualified dentists wouldn't have sufficient training. You only have to look at British teeth compared to say French, on average, to see how our system is deliberately underfunded and third rate. 

Well, this is now the second time where you've interjected with "a friend told me". In fact the French compare unfavourably to the British according to the World Health Organisation's DMFT index. I think you are a victim of the American stereotypical myth about British oral health not helped by TV programmes like Family Guy or the Austin Powers films which regularly portray the British having crooked teeth. Actually British dental health is better than the USA's as confirmed by this article in the American published Medicinenet.com, a consumer orientated medical website. Certainly the Americans spend more on cosmetic treatment which is a different matter altogether.

15 hours ago, King Billy said:

Absolutely riveting. Do you have any insider information to share with us on the rumours of a secret government plan to reduce the width of double yellow lines by 1/2 mm? Or when the death penalty will be brought back for repeat knowalls?

Remembering my comments about The Corner being a broad church I must admit being mindful that my post might be too much for a semi-retired dead tree salesman and to those feeble-minded unfortunates who are easily led by sensationalist YouTube vids but then I was reminded of having to wade through your arrant nonsense in the OP, so no apologies.

9 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, this is now the second time where you've interjected with "a friend told me". In fact the French compare unfavourably to the British according to the World Health Organisation's DMFT index. I think you are a victim of the American stereotypical myth about British oral health not helped by TV programmes like Family Guy or the Austin Powers films which regularly portray the British having crooked teeth. Actually British dental health is better than the USA's as confirmed by this article in the American published Medicinenet.com, a consumer orientated medical website. Certainly the Americans spend more on cosmetic treatment which is a different matter altogether.

The definition of "cosmetic" in this country includes having a working set of mandibles that enables a balanced healthy meal to be consumed outside of the processed pureed food chain. I can't see why you are so wedded to something to the extent you would swear blind defending it, you gave up so long ago. Be realistic not sentimental. Somebody told me actually happened to be "somebody" inside Guys Dental School not a set of lying statistics you've dug up to justify your viewpoint. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Remembering my comments about The Corner being a broad church I must admit being mindful that my post might be too much for a semi-retired dead tree salesman and to those feeble-minded unfortunates who are easily led by sensationalist YouTube vids but then I was reminded of having to wade through your arrant nonsense in the OP, so no apologies.

Well that’s me told off good and proper. 

“If it hadn’t of been for that pesky Roops.”

1 hour ago, ChildeHarold said:

The definition of "cosmetic" in this country includes having a working set of mandibles that enables a balanced healthy meal to be consumed outside of the processed pureed food chain. I can't see why you are so wedded to something to the extent you would swear blind defending it, you gave up so long ago. Be realistic not sentimental. Somebody told me actually happened to be "somebody" inside Guys Dental School not a set of lying statistics you've dug up to justify your viewpoint. 

‘FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!’

• Like 1