CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The media anticipation of 50,000 Covid deaths

Jiggerycock

36 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

Huw is going to have steam coming out of his ears tonight.

The statistics twonks at Government Central Office have only gone and changed how they count the number of deaddies and downgraded it by nealy 11%, meaning we've barely hit 40,000. 

Give 'em another week and it'll be 'Coronavirus? What Coronavirus? It's better than Vitamin C for ya - get it down your necks folks!"

So we're not there yet?

31 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

Huw is going to have steam coming out of his ears tonight.

The statistics twonks at Government Central Office have only gone and changed how they count the number of deaddies and downgraded it by nealy 11%, meaning we've barely hit 40,000. 

Give 'em another week and it'll be 'Coronavirus? What Coronavirus? It's better than Vitamin C for ya - get it down your necks folks!"

The manipulation of the figures thus far has been fucking disgraceful. One of my neighbours, a Ward sister at a nearby hospital, was getting out of her car with a face like thunder a while back, I asked what was up. She told me that a 74 year old patient with a lot of problems had succumbed to sepsis from a bladder infection. Intravenous antibiotics failed to work and he died, from sepsis...

Death certificate read 'Covid 19'

The only case that I've personally been told of, but I'm guessing this shit has been happening a lot.

14 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

The manipulation of the figures thus far has been fucking disgraceful. One of my neighbours, a Ward sister at a nearby hospital, was getting out of her car with a face like thunder a while back, I asked what was up. She told me that a 74 year old patient with a lot of problems had succumbed to sepsis from a bladder infection. Intravenous antibiotics failed to work and he died, from sepsis...

Death certificate read 'Covid 19'

The only case that I've personally been told of, but I'm guessing this shit has been happening a lot.

It has Eric. Patient with covid is admitted with a MI (heart attack). He's put in ICU where he has another MI which kills him. He'll be added to the death figure irregardless that the second MI would have killed him anyway. It's a fucking huge scam IMO. 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2020 at 09:48, Jiggerycock said:

I mean, Huw Edwards is practically tumescent as the 'results' inch nearer the magic figure.

Plucky old Britannia eh? Okay so the Olympics have been cancelled so we can't kick world butt like we've donr there recently. The cricket? Not doing too bad but no bugger can watch it or is interested bar me and Applescruff....

But Covid deaths? We fucking rule when it comes to tallying up the deaddies!

And the BBC (especially those cunts) are preparing an all-platforms, day-of-reckoning when the magic day arrives.

Okay so the microscopic spikey viral shites have adamantly refused to run amok, teasing us with daily deaths in single figures (however, as Huw and his gang of ghouls repeatedly point out, the number of reported deaths are lower at weekends) but, oh God the anticipation....it's like the wank of a lifetime!

The spread is October 5th -7th. You buying or selling?

The unreported: UK suffers biggest Covid economic hit in Europe. Stick that on your mantlepiece. 

Apparently the Russians have come up with the first working vaccination, and if that's the case. I'd certainly prefer it to come from a Russian laboratory than Microsoft.

Stick to stopping Apple taking over the home and commercial computer market Bill. We've got enough Bono's and Geldof's trying to save the world, and although their both galaxy sized cunts, their intentions are more noble than yours. Globalist cunt! 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
18 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

The unreported: UK suffers biggest Covid economic hit in Europe. Stick that on your mantlepiece. 

Maybe I am just indulging in a paranoid fantasy, but perhaps by over reporting the instance of Covid 19 the powers that be believe that they are accelerating progress towards a largely digital economy.  The trend is towards online shopping and online banking at the expense of bricks and mortar outlets in the high street anyway, maybe someone thinks they can press the fast toward button using Covid 19 as a stressor.  Then again, are the perceived benefits of a digital economy worth triggering an initial recession to obtain ?  I'm probably talking nonsense.  

1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Maybe I am just indulging in a paranoid fantasy, but perhaps by over reporting the instance of Covid 19 the powers that be believe that they are accelerating progress towards a largely digital economy.  The trend is towards online shopping and online banking at the expense of bricks and mortar outlets in the high street anyway, maybe someone thinks they can press the fast toward button using Covid 19 as a stressor.  Then again, are the perceived benefits of a digital economy worth triggering an initial recession to obtain ?  I'm probably talking nonsense.  

It's not that on line or "digital" is in any sense "superior" to real life tangible retail or any other form of human experience or affairs - it just facilitates a race to the bottom in all aspects of human life based on the lowest price (highest profit) and operating costs. There are a few restricted instabces where information technology results in a greatky improved end product and/or service to people, but these are few and far between. Just to take one example of what has happened in other areas, the impact of digital upon the music industry has been devastating and virtually wiped out the recotding industry with absolutely NO improvement or contribution to live music making. There are also considerations of the way the smartphone in particular has crept into human behaviour like a drug addiction and created, along with public cctv (all done on the cheap via digital technology) a surveillance society. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

It's not that on line or "digital" is in any sense "superior" to real life tangible retail or any other form of human experience or affairs - it just facilitates a race to the bottom in all aspects of human life based on the lowest price (highest profit) and operating costs. There are a few restricted instabces where information technology results in a greatky improved end product and/or service to people, but these are few and far between. Just to take one example of what has happened in other areas, the impact of digital upon the music industry has been devastating and virtually wiped out the recotding industry with absolutely NO improvement or contribution to live music making. There are also considerations of the way the smartphone in particular has crept into human behaviour like a drug addiction and created, along with public cctv (all done on the cheap via digital technology) a surveillance society. 

I have just entered some parallel universe where not only does your post make sense, but I find myself agreeing!  I need a lie down...

1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

The over-reporting certainly justifies the draconian measures that have been taken to combat it.

You don't crash the economy, mortgage the future and trash civil liberties overnight over 'something that smarts a bit but can be fixed with an Asprin'

16 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

The problems with new technologies is that the inventors don't often see its long term impacts. The blame doesn't souley lay at those companies feet though. Technology is fluid and to forsee every detrimental effect isn't plausible. 

I agree completely regarding the music industry though. When the medium for music was vinyl it wasn't easily copied, and produced a healthy profit for both musician and label. However today you can download almost anything for free. I have a friend who produces music for digital download, and receives 50p per download. Now that doesn't effect the established stars so much, but anyone trying to pursue music as a soul career is gonna struggle. 

On 12/08/2020 at 11:47, Jiggerycock said:

Got to wean ourselves off our love of cheap tat.

Snowball's chance in hell of that happening, with a recession here.

We could start with asking how it's possible to buy tat from China for less than what it would cost to to send a letter across the country and by having a look at how much duty is paid on said tat.

12 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

The problems with new technologies is that the inventors don't often see its long term impacts. The blame doesn't souley lay at those companies feet though. Technology is fluid and to forsee every detrimental effect isn't plausible. 

I agree completely regarding the music industry though. When the medium for music was vinyl it wasn't easily copied, and produced a healthy profit for both musician and label. However today you can download almost anything for free. I have a friend who produces music for digital download, and receives 50p per download. Now that doesn't effect the established stars so much, but anyone trying to pursue music as a soul career is gonna struggle. 

Add that to the fact that in the current situation, musicians (and other performers) are not getting much, if any help at the moment, and for whatever stupid reason, it's considered ok for people to be rammed together in pubs, aeroplanes, and shortly schools, but not theatres...  

Guest Weary&Disgusted
35 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

I'm going to be in the freakish minority here, but I don't mind the concept of a surveillance society.  In fact, if we had more CCTV cameras (ones which worked properly and which could get a better capture of faces), which made it easier for the police to determine who had glassed some poor bastard on a Friday night, or who broke into some pensioner's bungalow, I'd be happy with that.  We are still far from the nightmare panopticon scenario where everything is monitored, and (optimistically), I don't think we are ever going to be in that situation.  I appreciate that people don't relish being on close circuit camera, but really, if you are not a drug dealer or a mugger, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  

There was a massive furore over CCTV in Kings Cross having facial recognition software added, which completely baffled me.  Unless you are a street dealer or a pimp, why would you worry about having your picture taken in Kings Cross ?  

35 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

What are you trying to say Major? 

20 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I'm going to be in the freakish minority here, but I don't mind the concept of a surveillance society.  In fact, if we had more CCTV cameras (ones which worked properly and which could get a better capture of faces), which made it easier for the police to determine who had glassed some poor bastard on a Friday night, or who broke into some pensioner's bungalow, I'd be happy with that.  We are still far from the nightmare panopticon scenario where everything is monitored, and (optimistically), I don't think we are ever going to be in that situation.  I appreciate that people don't relish being on close circuit camera, but really, if you are not a drug dealer or a mugger, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  

There was a massive furore over CCTV in Kings Cross having facial recognition software added, which completely baffled me.  Unless you are a street dealer or a pimp, why would you worry about having your picture taken in Kings Cross ?  

You're wrong and should be ashamed.

• Like 3

Just now, Weary&Disgusted said:

I know you may be attempting to play devil's advocate here but the facial recognition argument being pushed by the police is complete bollocks.

The Kings cross episode was brought about by a private business demanding police intelligence information about anyone who had committed crime in the local area and the police like the bunch of totalitarian cunts they are agreeing to that request without consulting the information commissioners office guidelines and then trying to cover it up. The company in question is a property developer who wanted this information so their private security guards could assume the role of the police. A practice which I'm vehemently opposed to because the majority of security guards I know are complete fucking pricks who think their SIA badge is a licence to kill.

Facial recognition is probably one of the most invasive pieces of technology ever invented and it's only in its infancy. The police are not allowed to approach you on the street and take your fingerprints simply because they don't like the look of you so why should they be able to record your biometric data and then store that on their systems for posterity?

A typical example of how this type of technology can be misused is the ANPR system which coppers can use to flag the vehicles of anyone they don't like resulting in said owner being repeatedly stopped under the Road Traffic Act then subjected to harassment and intimidation. I know this kind of shit goes on because it happened to me and a family member after I made the pigs look like complete imbeciles in court. Do you really want those corrupt bastards given the ability to do the same thing with every cunt walking down the road minding their own business?

You may have seen in the news yesterday that the Appeal court overturned a previous judgement on the use of facial recognition software by South Wales police. This was because the filth as usual decided to make the rules up as they went along and targeted a campaigner at a demo against the arms industry. The police then used it to pick him out when he was Christmas shopping. I should add that this man has no criminal record. Would you not say that's rather sinister?

• Like 4

Guest Weary&Disgusted
18 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

I know you may be attempting to play devil's advocate here but the facial recognition argument being pushed by the police is complete bollocks.

The Kings cross episode was brought about by a private business demanding police intelligence information about anyone who had committed crime in the local area and the police like the bunch of totalitarian cunts they are agreeing to that request without consulting the information commissioners office guidelines and then trying to cover it up. The company in question is a property developer who wanted this information so their private security guards could assume the role of the police. A practice which I'm vehemently opposed to because the majority of security guards I know are complete fucking pricks who think their SIA badge is a licence to kill.

Facial recognition is probably one of the most invasive pieces of technology ever invented and it's only in its infancy. The police are not allowed to approach you on the street and take your fingerprints simply because they don't like the look of you so why should they be able to record your biometric data and then store that on their systems for posterity?

A typical example of how this type of technology can be misused is the ANPR system which coppers can use to flag the vehicles of anyone they don't like resulting in said owner being repeatedly stopped under the Road Traffic Act then subjected to harassment and intimidation. I know this kind of shit goes on because it happened to me and a family member after I made the pigs look like complete imbeciles in court. Do you really want those corrupt bastards given the ability to do the same thing with every cunt walking down the road minding their own business?

You may have seen in the news yesterday that the Appeal court overturned a previous judgement on the use of facial recognition software by South Wales police. This was because the filth as usual decided to make the rules up as they went along and targeted a campaigner at a demo against the arms industry. The police then used it to pick him out when he was Christmas shopping. I should add that this man has no criminal record. Would you not say that's rather sinister?

Yes, I would.  I didn't know about the private firm wanting the facial recognition data at Kings Cross.  Thanks for filling in the gaps in my knowledge.  

I would absolutely be against the police making the rules up as they went, and the bit about them targeting a peaceful protester is disgusting.  I bow to your superior expertise in this area.  

41 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Yes, I would.  I didn't know about the private firm wanting the facial recognition data at Kings Cross.  Thanks for filling in the gaps in my knowledge.  

I would absolutely be against the police making the rules up as they went, and the bit about them targeting a peaceful protester is disgusting.  I bow to your superior expertise in this area.  

You don't need to bow to anything mate because the vast majority of people are completely oblivious to what this country has descended into. I was until I got an extra large helping of it.

If you want to see the grossest abuse of power by the police just look at how they misuse the the Investigatory Powers Act 2016 to spy on who the fuck they want without a warrant.

On 12/08/2020 at 11:21, Stubby Pecker said:

The bastards knew about the potential damage this would cause for bloody months before they came clean, yet due to their lie that their system is perfect, they covered it up through barefaced bullshit. Thanks to the underhanded ways the tiddlywink go about their business, the whole world is up shit street and they should be made to pay by every means available.

The cunts had hardly come clean about it, but were no longer able to keep the lid on the fucking calamity once it had spread throughout the world. One of the benefits I foresee, due to the latest disaster is a completely separate development of AI in the West, keeping the rats off of the turf. While I don’t regard Yanks as friends, I think they are the lesser evil to be involved with going forward.

3 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

The cameras are there and working but they are not monitored but very few of them actually record what the cameras see and those that do often only record brief intervals every few minutes which means that little of what happens actually gets recorded.

26 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

The cameras are there and working but they are not monitored but very few of them actually record what the cameras see and those that do often only record brief intervals every few minutes which means that little of what happens actually gets recorded.

That may have been the case 15-20 years ago but these cameras are automated which means they automatically record everyone's biometric data and then compare it with anyone entered into its database. If it gets a hit it alerts the CCTV controller. There are currently no parameters on who gets entered onto databases and exactly where this shit can be deployed, hence yesterday's court of appeal judgement. Don't buy this shit that the pigs are putting out about it only being turned on at certain times of the day because this is going to be linked to the national policing database that's currently being constructed which means the filth are going to save a fortune by not carrying out routine patrols.

Perhaps you might be interested to know that this crap is taking down your vital statistics everytime you go into a supermarket. Those cunts have been using it for years and not telling anyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingRollo said:

I have just entered some parallel universe where not only does your post make sense, but I find myself agreeing!  I need a lie down...

When I observe a young person, in what I always described as the "outside", NOT with their face BURIED DEEP in a fairy tale screen of fantasy and wishful thinking, I will top myself. Blame the parents? I used to wait outside a public telephone box at a prearranged time to exchange a daily call when I first started dating. Sometimes there was also a bit of loose change left in the box for the taking... Happy days! Less is more. 

• Like 1