CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

General Zepeda of Mexico

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Guest Weary&Disgusted

The general was defence minister in Mexico from 2012 to 2018.  During this time, he is alleged to have rigged things so that the H2 cartel, who are infamous for their willingness to torture and murder, could "operate with impunity" in Mexico.  

No wonder the "War on Drugs" never seems to make any serious headway.  You only need one very highly placed official to be corrupt, and the rot sets in.  Apparently the General fixed things so that similarly corrupt minor officials could be appointed into posts where they could help him keep the heroin and cocaine flowing into The US.  

They have arrested him, so there is one big fish caught, but god alone knows how many of these shameless figures are still operating within the Mexican state.  

There are police, army and intelligence officers who risk their lives on a daily basis to try to stop drugs coming into the States.  Then there are monsters like this guy undermining their every effort.  The extent of his duplicity and betrayal is hard to calculate, but it will be what he is remembered for.  

While we are here can anyone explain to me why Sicario was such a blinding film and Sicario II was such utter shit? And why does every Hollywood film going back to the 60s stereotype Mexico as a God forsaken shithole? The only film that I've come across breaks that mould is Stones From Ibarra with Glen Close and Keith Caradine, nice gentle drama. The Eisenstein silent film on the Mexican Revolution is great too.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
26 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

While we are here can anyone explain to me why Sicario was such a blinding film and Sicario II was such utter shit? And why does every Hollywood film going back to the 60s stereotype Mexico as a God forsaken shithole? The only film that I've come across breaks that mould is Stones From Ibarra with Glen Close and Keith Caradine, nice gentle drama. The Eisenstein silent film on the Mexican Revolution is great too.

I havent seen either of the Sicario fillums.  I'm so far behind with TV and movies I'll probably be watching these in my 90s.  

Guest Weary&Disgusted
38 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Mexico is not very important is it?

Now come on Dawn, that's not the attitude, you are supposed to be setting an example, as one of the role models of CC.  

Guest Weary&Disgusted
40 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Mexico is not very important is it?

I suppose it depends on your point of view. Its a country which could be a farming and chemicals powerhouse, if it was allowed to develop, but it keeps being dragged back into the gutter by the narcos.  

It may not be a significant player on the world stage, but it has become an open wound which needs to be tended to.  Instead of being a useful nation to trade with,as it could be, its a resources sink and a source of corruption.  

Guest Weary&Disgusted
2 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

The first one is chilling but do you agree Mexico gets a bad press? 

Well, to give a politician's answer, yes and no.  

Yes, because there is much untapped potential in the country and parts of it are stunningly beautiful (rather than the desert it is usually depicted as), and the people are resilient and interesting.  

No, because the heroin/cocaine issue is massive and casts a long long shadow over everything.  Hollywood tends to exaggerate things, but when it comes to the influence of the cartels, they actually tend to downplay it, probably because the extent of their corrupting influence is hard to take in at first. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.  

2 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Well, to give a politician's answer, yes and no.  

Yes, because there is much untapped potential in the country and parts of it are stunningly beautiful (rather than the desert it is usually depicted as), and the people are resilient and interesting.  

No, because the heroin/cocaine issue is massive and casts a long long shadow over everything.  Hollywood tends to exaggerate things, but when it comes to the influence of the cartels, they actually tend to downplay it, probably because the extent of their corrupting influence is hard to take in at first. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.  

Hasn't Mexico been corrupted by its geographical position next to the USA and the drugs trade's biggest market? 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
4 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

Hasn't Mexico been corrupted by its geographical position next to the USA and the drugs trade's biggest market? 

I can't argue with that.  They're caught between the psycho armies of the cartels and the never ending demand of a large market.  There is no quick solution.  

Guest Weary&Disgusted
5 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

The actor who played him was a fanny magnet of the highest order. That cunt bedded more women then George Best and Rod "where is Scotland anyway?" Stewart. 

So why was this short of stature chap so attractive to women ?

6 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

The actor who played him was a fanny magnet of the highest order. That cunt bedded more women then George Best and Rod "where is Scotland anyway?" Stewart. 

Just North of Carlisle and unlike like the English Channel there is no water to drown in and fuck all to stop them entering England .. in fact Mrs Krankie has had to tell them to stop going to Blackpool.

22 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

Try watching series 1-3 of Narcos. Series 3 explains why Mexico is portrayed as a shithole. Here's a spoiler: Because it is a fucking shithole.