CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

General Zepeda of Mexico

Guest Weary&Disgusted

27 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

Try watching series 1-3 of Narcos. Series 3 explains why Mexico is portrayed as a shithole. Here's a spoiler: Because it is a fucking shithole.

I've been deceived by the television programmes of my youth. I was always led to believe that all Mexicans were friendly amiable chaps who wear sombreros, own a donkey and have a nice sleep on the pavement every afternoon. 

23 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

The general was defence minister in Mexico from 2012 to 2018.  During this time, he is alleged to have rigged things so that the H2 cartel, who are infamous for their willingness to torture and murder, could "operate with impunity" in Mexico.  

No wonder the "War on Drugs" never seems to make any serious headway.  You only need one very highly placed official to be corrupt, and the rot sets in.  Apparently the General fixed things so that similarly corrupt minor officials could be appointed into posts where they could help him keep the heroin and cocaine flowing into The US.  

They have arrested him, so there is one big fish caught, but god alone knows how many of these shameless figures are still operating within the Mexican state.  

There are police, army and intelligence officers who risk their lives on a daily basis to try to stop drugs coming into the States.  Then there are monsters like this guy undermining their every effort.  The extent of his duplicity and betrayal is hard to calculate, but it will be what he is remembered for.  

The simple fact is, the drug trade is now hard wired into the Mexican economy. When Miguel Félix Gallardo formed the Guadalajara cartel in the late 1970s, he started off smuggling weed into the US but when the yanks shut down the Colombian drug cartels airborne smuggling routes they had to transport it overland through central America and because Gallardo controlled the smuggling routes between Mexico and the US they had to give him a 50% cut of all shipments. The only condition was that he couldn't sell his half of the product in the US cities controlled be the Colombians such as New York, Los Angeles and Miami. As you can imagine, Gallardo's activities turned practically overnight from a multi million dollar operation into a multi billion one. An entire micro economy grew up around it expanded to the point where Gallardo was had half of the Mexican government in his pocket and was rigging presidential elections. Where Gallardo fucked up however, was when he had a DEA agent tortured and murdered which resulted in the yanks funding a massive operation to bring him down which they did eventually but Guadalajara cartel fractured into several different factions which have slowly developed into the Mexican cartels that have been waging a war with the government and each other for the last 25 years.

Mexico is like Afghanistan in many respects in that the people's loyalty is to one's tribe (or in this case cartel) before country. Most ordinary people have some connection to the drug trade in the North of the country and about half of those people are economically dependent on it because the cartels own most of the legitimate businesses in their territories.

H2 to the best of my knowledge has now fragmented and has been absorbed by the larger cartels such as Sinaloa and Tierra Caliente but the mere fact that they could corrupt the very man tasked to bring them down gives you an idea of just how much influence they have over Mexican society.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
12 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

We even had a Queen named after an Australian state "Victoria" .. is not as if we ever had one named after anywhere in Mexico is it Gringo?

OK Dawn, I surrender, you win this round.  

1 hour ago, Trucking Funt said:

Try watching series 1-3 of Narcos. Series 3 explains why Mexico is portrayed as a shithole. Here's a spoiler: Because it is a fucking shithole.

Didn't the Cartel beat an entire city into submission, Police force, Armed forces and even the Girl Scouts, just to get El Chapo's son out of the cooler about a year ago?

31 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I've been deceived by the television programmes of my youth. I was always led to believe that all Mexicans were friendly amiable chaps who wear sombreros, own a donkey and have a nice sleep on the pavement every afternoon. 

I think it's still like that around some of the tourist resorts. The cartels don't fuck with the tourist trade because they own most of the hotels.

Just now, Roadkill said:

Didn't the Cartel beat an entire city into submission, Police force, Armed forces and even the Girl Scouts, just to get El Chapo's son out of the cooler about a year ago?

Certainly did RK and the government still haven't summoned the bollocks to try and get him back. These bandidos don't give a fuck and they're just as good at wanton savagery as ISIS. If it continues to escalate in the years to come I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Sam makes an incursion across the border to give them a slap.

• Like 1

Just now, Trucking Funt said:

Certainly did RK and the government still haven't summoned the bollocks to try and get him back. These bandidos don't give a fuck and they're just as good at wanton savagery as ISIS. If it continues to escalate in the years to come I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Sam makes an incursion across the border to give them a slap.

From what videos I've seen of both, the Cartel make ISIS look like an irate Avon lady. ISIS tend to go for a quick beating and decapitation. Maybe burning someone alive if they're feeling particularly showy.

Cartel on the other hand have been recorded doing all sort of nasty shit, from slow dismemberment limb by limb, blowtorches to the face until the victim looks like Red Skull and even fucking cannibalism.

They've been around much longer than ISIS, have more manpower and much more influence. Only weakness they have is that all of it would vanish the moment all of their shit was legalised - but the war on drugs is too profitable for both sides. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

From what videos I've seen of both, the Cartel make ISIS look like an irate Avon lady. ISIS tend to go for a quick beating and decapitation. Maybe burning someone alive if they're feeling particularly showy.

Cartel on the other hand have been recorded doing all sort of nasty shit, from slow dismemberment limb by limb, blowtorches to the face until the victim looks like Red Skull and even fucking cannibalism.

They've been around much longer than ISIS, have more manpower and much more influence. Only weakness they have is that all of it would vanish the moment all of their shit was legalised - but the war on drugs is too profitable for both sides. 

Taco Bell gave me some memories to cherish. 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
1 hour ago, Roadkill said:

RK, what do you mean, for both sides ?  How do government forces profit from the war on drugs ?

1 hour ago, Roadkill said:

My nephew developed a morbid fascination with a site called bestgore.com where they had a fuckload of cartel execution videos. One showed the naked daughter of a top gulf cartel member being smashed over the head with a giant mallet and being chopped up with a with an axe before being thrown into a waiting oil drum full off acid. There was some proper dark shit involving chainsaws and flaying people alive as well. It would appear that they've read up on some medieval barbarism and put some 21st century touches to it.

Not only have they been around longer than ISIS but they're better funded and completely untouchable as far as the forces of law and order are concerned. Trump threatened to invade Northern Mexico and sort the fuckers out but then thought better of it and started building a wall instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I always thought they were like Manolito off of 'The High Chapparel'.  I liked him 

2 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

RK, what do you mean, for both sides ?  How do government forces profit from the war on drugs ?

Gives them a nebulous and vague problem they can spout as an excuse to dip into ever increasing amounts of taxpayer's money.

All the benefits of a proxy war, but with no awkward strings attached that can be used against them later - plus a convenient bogey man they can point a finger at instead of actually trying to fix the drug problem inside their own borders.

Its like declaring a war on fucking soap or cat food.

3 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Gives them a nebulous and vague problem they can spout as an excuse to dip into ever increasing amounts of taxpayer's money.

All the benefits of a proxy war, but with no awkward strings attached that can be used against them later - plus a convenient bogey man they can point a finger at instead of actually trying to fix the drug problem inside their own borders.

Its like declaring a war on fucking soap or cat food.

Didn't a certain subset of Asians declare war on soap? It's not done them any favours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

There was a 2 parter where Manolito gets bitten at the end of part 1 by a rattle snake and it looks like he'll die.  When my dad put me to bed I cried myself to sleep thinking he'd die. 

I expect someone made a crosscut on the bite wound with a Bowie knife and sucked out the poison.