CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

A new Lockdown

Old Chap Raasclaat

28 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

So what would you, personally, suggest?

I get that the lockdowns aren't good, and the data isn't nearly as reliable as they say it is, but until there's a solid alternative plan what can you do?

We need to make the labour party and the conservative parties proscribed organisations. This can't be over emphasised enough. Belarus has no restrictions and has a low death rate. It also has 11 hospital beds per 1000 people. UK plc has 2.5 per 1000 people.

We are not being restricted because of the virus, but because of our inadequate health services. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

So what would you, personally, suggest?

I get that the lockdowns aren't good, and the data isn't nearly as reliable as they say it is, but until there's a solid alternative plan what can you do?

Allow it to run its course. Once everybody's been exposed and got better, it won't be an issue. The current strategy is just putting off the inevitable and torturing the population in the process. 

Protect the vulnerable groups and let the rest get on with it. Exposure and tolerance build up is how nature deals with this sort of thing. This bollocks is tantamount to attempting to artificially manipulate evolution.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

We need to make the labour party and the conservative parties proscribed organisations. This can't be over emphasised enough. Belarus has no restrictions and has a low death rate. It also has 11 hospital beds per 1000 people. UK plc has 2.5 per 1000 people.

We are not being restricted because of the virus, but because of our inadequate health services. 

That actually makes sense. I have four hospitals within a ten mile radius of me, instead of properly stocking the newer ones they just nick staff and equipment from the already established hospitals to save money. They've found a way to build more hospitals, yet somehow make the quality of care worse.

4 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Allow it to run its course. Once everybody's been exposed and got better, it won't be an issue. The current strategy is just putting off the inevitable and torturing the population in the process. 

Protect the vulnerable groups and let the rest get on with it. Exposure and tolerance build up is how nature deals with this sort of thing. This bollocks is tantamount to attempting to artificially manipulate evolution.

If that were the case then how would the care industry cope? It would be a very big gamble to switch and swap carers out to be infected in the hope that they've built up an immunity and aren't carrying when they come back, and the elderly and vulnerable would be the ones taking the chances no matter how much self isolation they do.

5 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

What doesn't help is that fucking fruit loop (can't remember the name) who said that there would be around 500,000 deaths. 

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Have you been in a hospital in any of the former Soviet states? They're a a joke and staffed by doctors you wouldn't want anywhere near you. Russia itself is a prime example. Huge numbers of doctors most of whom know less than your average Tesco pharmacist and lots of hospitals that are gulags with slightly more comfortable beds. 

Whilst I agree that UK hospital capacity is inadequate, particularly at times like these, I'd bet pounds to pennies that those 2.5 beds per 1000 can provide far better care for our population than the 11 per 1000 in Belarus. 

The only major problem with this lockdown is that it's been implemented far too late and its a half measure that won't be as effective as last time because all the schools, colleges and universities are staying open. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

What doesn't help is that fucking fruit loop (can't remember the name) who said that there would be around 500,000 deaths. 

What's your point? 

That was based on uninhibited spread. 

Measures were put in place and there were fewer deaths. So that estimate hasn't been invalidated.

I love some of the fallacious logic I read here. 

... given the premise, 'all fish live underwater' and 'all mackerel are fish', my wife will conclude, not that 'all mackerel live underwater', but that 'if she buys kippers it will not rain', or that 'trout live in trees'". Monty Python

31 minutes ago, Goober said:

Could explain why I live in an area with one of the lowest transmission rates in the country. London, on the other hand, is a plague ridden shithole. 

How does that fit with your theory of masks not working? Maybe it's all you rebellious, know better, wankers that are to blame

You're just making shit up based on the opinions of other dickheads that you've read. Opinion isn't evidence. 

Retard.

You probably live in some inbred village, with fuck all people living there. Any city with a large population is going to have difficulty controlling infection rates. You obviously think this is the way forward and letting the country go down the shitter is acceptable. Wearing a mask is a sign of surrender and compliance, people don't wear them properly or in some cases not all so unless the whole population wears them they won't work. Covid 19 particles can get in your eye as well so unless you wear eye protection you cannot be fully protected. Now fuck off Goober, you boring shit cunt.

3 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

You probably live in some inbred village, with fuck all people living there. Any city with a large population is going to have difficulty controlling infection rates. You obviously think this is the way forward and letting the country go down the shitter is acceptable. Wearing a mask is a sign of surrender and compliance, people don't wear them properly or in some cases not all so unless the whole population wears them they won't work. Covid 19 particles can get in your eye as well so unless you wear eye protection you cannot be fully protected. Now fuck off Goober, you boring shit cunt.

Are you going to explain your “I have a medical reason” bollocks you’ve openly admitted to using when asked why you’re not wearing a mask? All brave and hard on CC but won’t say it in the real world. Absolute dickhead!

16 minutes ago, Goober said:

Have you been in a hospital in any of the former Soviet states? They're a a joke and staffed by doctors you wouldn't want anywhere near you. Russia itself is a prime example. Huge numbers of doctors most of whom know less than your average Tesco pharmacist and lots of hospitals that are gulags with slightly more comfortable beds. 

Whilst I agree that UK hospital capacity is inadequate, particularly at times like these, I'd bet pounds to pennies that those 2.5 beds per 1000 can provide far better care for our population than the 11 per 1000 in Belarus. 

The only major problem with this lockdown is that it's been implemented far too late and its a half measure that won't be as effective as last time because all the schools, colleges and universities are staying open. 

I think a Tesco car park is a better option. 

9 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

You're wrecking your own arguments here, you alt-right dickhead. Grow a brain. 

Anyway, I'm all right, Jack. Fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Ape™️ said:

Are you going to explain your “I have a medical reason” bollocks you’ve openly admitted to using when asked why you’re not wearing a mask? All brave and hard on CC but won’t say it in the real world. Absolute dickhead!

Let me explain it simply to you 'Ape'. When I go in a shop I usually want to buy something, so on the rare occasion I have been asked about a mask rather than tell the staff member to fuck off (which isn't nice or fair on them) I simply say I have a medical condition, walk in buy what I want and fuck off. You seem upset that I called you a cunt and keep asking me questions, haven't you got a woman to talk to you fucking transbender cunt.

12 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

You're implying that anyone over sixty or has (possibly hitherto unknown) underlying medical conditions has no worth in today's society. Given the demographic of The Corner that's probably not a wise stance to take especially as a few punters have lost members of their families to the virus. Two things are known about Covid-19; firstly it has a high death rate compared to say the common flu and secondly, it has proven to be highly contagious even from carriers who are asymptomatic. The mask wearing is to protect others from you not you from others. You may or may not be fit and healthy but that is not the issue, your blind irrational selfishness is. Whilst there are some parts of lockdown rules that defy logical explanation that is no excuse for being a selfish git.

Really flexing that Dentistry degree again aren’t we dearie?

Look! Over there! A Fox!

Just now, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

Let me explain it simply to you 'Ape'. When I go in a shop I usually want to buy something, so on the rare occasion I have been asked about a mask rather than tell the staff member to fuck off (which isn't nice or fair on them) I simply say I have a medical condition, walk in buy what I want and fuck off. You seem upset that I called you a cunt and keep asking me questions, haven't you got a woman to talk to you fucking transbender cunt.

Fucking priceless! The anti-mask keyboard warrior doesn’t want to be nasty to shop staff. What an absolute wanker you are!

4 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

Why couldn't you just wear the mask and take it off when you get outside? Then you wouldn't have to tell anyone to fuck off, or tell any lies.

2 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

Fucking priceless! The anti-mask keyboard warrior doesn’t want to be nasty to shop staff. What an absolute wanker you are!

Unlike telling them to fuck off, I'd say risking giving them a potentially fatal disease is entirely fair to those lovely shop workers, wouldn't you? 

4 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

I think shop staff probably have enough on their plates at the moment to deal with and worry about and most probably don't give a fuck about pestering customer's about masks when people are allowed to drink in pubs all day without one. Trust me I am not a keyboard warrior at all.

It's Saturday night, and I've got better things to do than have a petty argument with you 'Ape'. My Mrs likes it up the arse so fuck off cunt.

4 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Spackers in Newcastle are out getting as pissed as possible before the lockdown. Then the pubs and clubs encouraging them will no doubt be moaning about being shut for the entirety of next month.

Like you say, no use arguing with cunts on here. Everyone's mind is already made up, regardless of stance.

Killer, when the inevitable civil disturbance phase starts, would you mind putting in my order with the local ram raid entrepreneurs? I’d like a new MacBook and a new Breitling watch please. Good prices paid c/o my Nieces’ house in Jesmond. 

Just now, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

I think shop staff probably have enough on their plates at the moment to deal with and worry about and most probably don't give a fuck about pestering customer's about masks when people are allowed to drink in pubs all day without one. Trust me I am not a keyboard warrior at all.

It's Saturday night, and I've got better things to do than have a petty argument with you 'Ape'. My Mrs likes it up the arse so fuck off cunt.

Still no answer to my question. I’m not surprised your Mrs likes it up the arse, as that way there’s no possibility she’ll have to give birth to another fucking idiot like you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

No because they wear masks...which work don't they? Cunt.

What a half-brained idiot you are. 

You haven't even got the sense to see that most of what you've written completely invalidates your own arguments. 

There's no arguing with a retard.

Covid "particles", eyes... Masks don't work. Twat.