CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

70% Efficacy

ChildeHarold

Good day passengers your pilot today had a 70% success rate but he's from Oxford (Cheers!) and replaces your Spanish pilot with 95% success at landing this aircraft (Fucking Dago) as per

British Leyland "Buy British" 

Dunkirk - Victory is Ours! 

Blue Streak - whaaat? 

Comet - world beating jet 

Bletchley - "home" of the computer

Tilting Train - a tilting success! 

Fully electric by 2030 - 9/10 areas have no public electric charging points

Let's not the success cloud our judgement after all it less than half the cost of the others... 

Public Health On The Cheap as usual. And probably privatised delivery with Tory Johnson chumocracy making a fortune out of it. 

1 minute ago, ChildeHarold said:

Good day passengers your pilot today had a 70% success rate but he's from Oxford (Cheers!) and replaces your Spanish pilot with 95% success at landing this aircraft (Fucking Dago) as per

Blue Streak - whaaat? 

Let's not the success cloud our judgement after all it less than half the cost of the others... 

Public Health On The Cheap as usual. And probably privatised delivery with Tory Johnson chumocracy making a fortune out of it. 

More sink estate musings from the Corner's Tub-Thumping political gumby.

The NHS is the fourth (?) biggest employer in the Western World. It's clearly a shame that, notwithstanding its £140bn p.a. budget, the NHS failed to prepare for the predictable and predicted increase in admissions as winter approaches.

Nevertheless, until this year, it had never occurred to me the state had the power to stop my sister's small business from operating simply because that might make it easier for one of its services to function.

What disdain the government must have for us! And what a dreadful precedent to set. That small businesses can be shut down and put at risk to compensate for management issues in public organisations for which we have no responsibility.!

The NHS, born in the 1940s, and 'free at the point of use' has developed into a black hole, a bottomless pit. No matter how much money is thrown at it, it will never be enough, and like all 'free' things, its users abuse it. For example, one only has to look at the millions that evaporate into thin air through missed appointments to confirm it. The whole edifice requires dismantling and reassembling in a wholly different form. The true problem being that such is its sacred status in the National psyche, that there is currently no political party with the balls to propose a reform as part of their manifesto.

70% success rate against a disease which doesn't affect 99-plus percent of the population? Oh just bring it the fuck on! We've seen the direction of travel on this - vaccination compliance is going to be the passport with which The State allows you to function - so whatever is the cheapest that enables me to get into Cheltenham, White Hart Lane and Hammersmith Odeon 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jiggerycock said:

The NHS is the fourth (?) biggest employer in the Western World. It's clearly a shame that, notwithstanding its £140bn p.a. budget, the NHS failed to prepare for the predictable and predicted increase in admissions as winter approaches.

Nevertheless, until this year, it had never occurred to me the state had the power to stop my sister's small business from operating simply because that might make it easier for one of its services to function.

What disdain the government must have for us! And what a dreadful precedent to set. That small businesses can be shut down and put at risk to compensate for management issues in public organisations for which we have no responsibility.!

The NHS, born in the 1940s, and 'free at the point of use' has developed into a black hole, a bottomless pit. No matter how much money is thrown at it, it will never be enough, and like all 'free' things, its users abuse it. For example, one only has to look at the millions that evaporate into thin air through missed appointments to confirm it. The whole edifice requires dismantling and reassembling in a wholly different form. The true problem being that such is its sacred status in the National psyche, that there is currently no political party with the balls to propose a reform as part of their manifesto.

70% success rate against a disease which doesn't affect 99-plus percent of the population? Oh just bring it the fuck on! We've seen the direction of travel on this - vaccination compliance is going to be the passport with which The State allows you to function - so whatever is the cheapest that enables me to get into Cheltenham, White Hart Lane and Hammersmith Odeon 

Can I give you and your sisyer a jab?

BETWEEN THE EYES. LOL. 

24 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

Judging by all the carefully choreographed Strictly Come Dancing vids these covid nurse spew out on TikTok things don't seem that bad.

3 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

Blue Streak - whaaat? 

What's your point?

Just now, Ape™️ said:

He hasn’t got one. You’ll never find a more pointless cunt.

Indeed. Apart from Roops, I wouldn't even expect our more cerebral members to have the hubris to create a nomination focusing on vaccinology, economics and political science, let alone a fucking idiot like Harold.

• Like 1

Guest Weary&Disgusted
4 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

Blue Streak - whaaat? 

No system is perfect CH.  We'll muddle through like we always do,and live to fight another day.  

70% won't cut it.

Anywhere up to 20% of people, like that fucking idiot Jazz, wouldn't take it because they're convinced they are being injected with a GPS tracker. 

Worst case is, therefore, that it would give immunity to ~56% of the population. Roughly 80% is needed for herd immunity and to stop the pandemic in its tracks. 

I'll go for either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, even if I have to pay for it myself. 

The one good thing about this is that the more competing vaccines there are in the marketplace the cheaper they're all likely to be. 

13 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

No system is perfect CH.  We'll muddle through like we always do,and live to fight another day.  

70% is, apparently, a very good level of efficacy in a vaccine, and from what I’ve read there is potential for it to be even more effective. Combine that with the reduced cost of manufacture, less stringent storage criteria and the fact those who developed it want everyone to benefit from it, rather than line their pockets, I’d say it was a resounding success. But yet our resident imbecile @ChildeHaroldchooses to post a nom that criticises it. What an absolute wanker

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

70% is, apparently, a very good level of efficacy in a vaccine, and from what I’ve read there is potential for it to be even more effective. Combine that with the reduced cost of manufacture, less stringent storage criteria and the fact those who developed it want everyone to benefit from it, rather than line their pockets, I’d say it was a resounding success. But yet our resident imbecile @ChildeHaroldchooses to post a nom that criticises it. What an absolute wanker

70% isn't great, but it beats the hell out the roughly 50% efficacy of annual flu jabs. 

4 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

When you get vaccinated it will hopefully malfunction grotesquely resulting in a huge penis like proboscis growing out of your forehead...

lol.

2 minutes ago, Earl of Punkape said:

When you get vaccinated it will hopefully malfunction grotesquely resulting in a huge penis like proboscis growing out of your forehead...

lol.

You've had many massive cocks on (and in) your head. 

I guess you're living in hope of more opportunity though. 

41 minutes ago, Ape™️ said:

Cheap and cheerful you plonker. You know how to accept second rate when its sugar coated.