CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Millwall fans booing 'taking the knee'

camberwell gypsy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55111474

Apparently a number of Millwall fans booed when the players took the knee before their game against Derby County this afternoon. Now I agree, it was out of order but what I dont agree with is the comment from Homes under the Hammer star and ex ropey footballer Dion Dublin's comments that "If you dont agree with taking the knee, then you're racist". No Dion, not so. Many people dont want to do this but agree that black lives matter. Saying everyones racist for not doing it is eroding peoples right to choose. Unless you agree with forcing people to do something that they're uncomfortable with.

Ooh does that make me a racist now? Fuck you.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Apparently a number of Millwall fans booed when the players took the knee before their game against Derby County this afternoon. Now I agree, it was out of order but what I dont agree with is the comment from Homes under the Hammer star and ex ropey footballer Dion Dublin's comments that "If you dont agree with taking the knee, then you're racist". No Dion, not so. Many people dont want to do this but agree that black lives matter. Saying everyones racist for not doing it is eroding peoples right to choose. Unless you agree with forcing people to do something that they're uncomfortable with.

Most angry of the Millwall footballers was Mr Mahlon Romeo, who was initially shepherded away from talking to the press.He later told reporters that the game had “become irrelevant” and that the fans had disrespected him and the club.

What else did he possibly expect at bloody Millwall for pity’s sake ?

Perhaps this would be an opportunity for Mr Romeo to give up his huge salary and work at a charitable foundation to prevent his fellow black youths from stabbing each other, distributing hard drugs, desecrating the Cenotaph and howling and mewling of the death of a career criminal in America.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

How to create division, resentment and anarchy by the Marxist led Mr Dion Dublin.

• Like 1

Thank God for the droplet of sanity that is CC (and who'd have thought one would ever have seen that sentence committed to pixel?)

I doubt very much if the booing was done out of a thoughtful impulse to question the credentials of a bunch of millionaires supporting a declaredly Marxist organisation. Given their track record I think it was yet another display of racism from Millwall fans.

Nonetheless, someone or some group has GOT to question the BLM movement and those supporting them, because this will NEVER happen in the mainstram media, that has, predictably, gone woke and rock-solid in coming out against the Millwall fans.

Why is there zero debate about the mind-bending dissonance of the likes of highly-paid sportsmen paying homage to  an organisation with BLM's stated beleifs? Why was there almost universal silence when Meseut Ozil wore a T-Shirt in support of Uighur Muslims in Chinese concentration camps ( treading on sensitive commercial arrangements between the Premier League and the Chinese Market eh?). Why are supposedly apolitical bodoes such as the Police force taking the knee, sending out the signal some protest groups matter more than others?

Taking the knee is a trite gesture of virue signallers with no more emotional investment in the subject of racism than fly to the moon.

It's just a shame the only place this is questioned is in our little cul-de-sac of the Intenet

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

This is all bollocks ...the doyen of footie within this august repository of social comment is “the judge”. He tells us what’s what....when he isn’t fucking sulking!

He died. You'll get very little truth from the great FK, spot, but I'm telling you now.. the Judge is dead. 

1 minute ago, cuntspotter said:

I refuse to believe it.....He isn’t dead, only sleeping.

He's the only member I've corresponded with outside of these pages... going back to the Billy Elliot episode. A great storyteller and a lovely man.. we met several times for a pint in his local. If I'm totally honest, I'm glad he's dead. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frank said:

He's the only member I've corresponded with outside of these pages... going back to the Billy Elliot episode. A great storyteller and a lovely man.. we met several times for a pint in his local. If I'm totally honest, I'm glad he's dead. 

I will never forget your invitation to him to dine at your restaurant. That was pure comedy gold. You fucking genius!

19 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

I will never forget your invitation to him to dine at your restaurant. That was pure comedy gold. You fucking genius!

Joking aside.. and not including the last few months or so, would you say that I’m probably the best on here? 

24 minutes ago, Frank said:

would you say that I’m probably the best on here? 

You've been reduced to the lowest form of conversation, the "remember when", reliving your former glories.

I think it's safe to say that you're currently hovering somewhere between Drew and ProfB, wouldn't you agree?

9 minutes ago, Decimus said:

You've been reduced to the lowest form of conversation, the "remember when", reliving your former glories.

I think it's safe to say that you're currently hovering somewhere between Drew and ProfB, wouldn't you agree?

I’m your competition.. at least on this reduced level. And you need me. You’ll avoid the likes of LCS because you know very well the man will embarrass you every time.  

You might’ve noticed it’s not the first time the word ‘genius’ has been mentioned by one of my learned colleagues. 

• Like 1

If the FA bought in this bollocks right through to grass roots football then I would stand up and ignore their directive,does that make me a racist? In their eyes yes but fuck them,I'll make my own decisions and its a fucking shame a few more pros don't show some balls and tell them to get fucked.

19 minutes ago, Frank said:

I’m your competition.. at least on this reduced level. And you need me. You’ll avoid the likes of LCS because you know very well the man will embarrass you every time.  

You might’ve noticed it’s not the first time the word ‘genius’ has been mentioned by one of my learned colleagues. 

Rise above it Frank. Think.....big picture!

31 minutes ago, Frank said:

Again, a transparent attempt to cause discord. I've happily taken him on before and I think you'll recall the opposite of what you have surmised happened when I did. He's been warned this time round and I'll leave it there unless I'm further provoked

It'll be me who decides who I take on and when, not you, you greasy fucking weasel.

• Like 2