CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Gervais vs. Boyle

Last Cunt Standing

Current distraction rations being served up for us involve the fabricated dispute between Frankie and Ricky over what you can and can’t say for laughs. 

Which is to say the press have leaped all a remark from Frankie in a podcast interview with Louis Theroux in which he gives his invited thoughts on Gervais’ act. The rest of the interview is largely ignored, as the media sharpen their pitchforks for both parties. 

Boyle does not set himself up as a moral arbiter of comedy and acknowledges that he can’t. He expresses a view he knows people will disagree with. Gervais I imagine, for he has been typically silent, couldn’t give a fuck. 

The policing and parsing of language is getting really tiresome now, and though I hesitate to use his name in the same sentence as policing, perhaps Rodney King had a point wondering if we all just can’t get along. 

Both men are funny people to varying degrees. The rest is froth and faux outrage. The end. I’m off to listen to Derek and Clive.

Guest Williewhoopassjohnson
21 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Current distraction rations being served up for us involve the fabricated dispute between Frankie and Ricky over what you can and can’t say for laughs. 

Which is to say the press have leaped all a remark from Frankie in a podcast interview with Louis Theroux in which he gives his invited thoughts on Gervais’ act. The rest of the interview is largely ignored, as the media sharpen their pitchforks for both parties. 

Boyle does not set himself up as a moral arbiter of comedy and acknowledges that he can’t. He expresses a view he knows people will disagree with. Gervais I imagine, for he has been typically silent, couldn’t give a fuck. 

The policing and parsing of language is getting really tiresome now. It’s a cunt.

Both men are funny people. The rest is froth. The end. 

I would side with Ricky gervais with this, i think they were both brilliant at points in there careers but Ricky gervais basically abusing all the Hollywood A list scene at the golden globes swings it for me, thats career suicide in theory and he clearly didn't give a fuck. 

50 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

The policing and parsing of language is getting really tiresome now, and though I hesitate to use his name in the same sentence as policing, perhaps Rodney King had a point wondering if we all just can’t get along. 

Both men are funny people to varying degrees. The rest is froth and faux outrage. The end. I’m off to listen to Derek and Clive.

The worst job I ever had was retrieving lobsters from Jayne Mansfield's arsehole.

You fucking cunt!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Interesting point. Frankie Boyle has trod this path before and understands the terrain very well. Newspapers will twist , turn and connive to whip up a story and stoke the fires of faux outrage. They have learned nothing from the Diana Spencer , phone tapping and Millie Dowler outrages. Their agendas are those of whoever determines the prevailing wind of the day. They are unprincipled , mercenary cunts.....and journalists should be shunned as pariahs.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

Interesting point. Frankie Boyle has trod this path before and understands the terrain very well. Newspapers will twist , turn and connive to whip up a story and stoke the fires of faux outrage. They have learned nothing from the Diana Spencer , phone tapping and Millie Dowler outrages. Their agendas are those of whoever determines the prevailing wind of the day. They are unprincipled , mercenary cunts.....and journalists should be shunned as pariahs.

Somewhere a media arsewipe will at this moment be tasked with digging some/any dirt on Captain Tom , Rashford , NHS employee or any other of their flavour of the month 'heroes'

• Like 1

Gervais to a 9 year old in the school playground in Afterlife when the kid called him a paedo, "If I was a paedo you'd be safe you fat,little ginger cunt"

Boyle on the disappearance of Shannon Mathews "Isn't it funny how the ugly ones always turn up"

I bet they both really couldn't give a flying fuck

Boyle has had his bollocks surgically removed, along with his ability to make me laugh.

His new show is an absolute fucking disgrace, which considering it is on the BBC is hardly a surprise. He shares the platform with the obligatory females and ethnics who Aunty wheels out whenever they're desperate not to offend anyone other than white men with a developed sense of humour.

If I wanted to watch a sad, old Scottish wanker desperately trying to reinvent himself whilst losing any sort of edge he formerly had, I'd revisit anything that Billy Connolly has produced since 1989. I can only hope Boyle ends up the same way, shaking his fat, stupid fucking head off until he's fucking dead.

• Like 4

From a performance at the golden globes over 4 years ago??!! I know Scotlands a bit fucking backward but surely this Boyle cunt has seen this before now.

I personally think if you're a hulking Olympian of a man that wants to be all La, Di, Dah and effeminate then you're going to have to put up with a certain level of piss taking.

2 hours ago, Decimus said:

Boyle has had his bollocks surgically removed, along with his ability to make me laugh.

His new show is an absolute fucking disgrace, which considering it is on the BBC is hardly a surprise. He shares the platform with the obligatory females and ethnics who Aunty wheels out whenever they're desperate not to offend anyone other than white men with a developed sense of humour.

If I wanted to watch a sad, old Scottish wanker desperately trying to reinvent himself whilst losing any sort of edge he formerly had, I'd revisit anything that Billy Connolly has produced since 1989. I can only hope Boyle ends up the same way, shaking his fat, stupid fucking head off until he's fucking dead.

Any comedian working for the BBC has automatically handed in their funny licence at the door IMO. Mind you, whilst Gervais has the balls to call a bunch of Hollywood elites a load of coke snorting, decadent nonces to their faces, the cunt has always come across as a visible agent for more entertaining, famous and skilled people to interact through.

The entire concept of Extras was to see famous people do silly shit, an Idiot Abroad was just Karl Pilkington travelling the world with the odd phone call interruption from Ricky, same with the Ricky Gervais show where it was just hundreds of hours of him and that lanky cunt talking to Pilkington. As for the stuff he's done solo, The Office is overrated wank and that After Life show on Netflix is shit - his stand up is dismal wank compared to Boyle before his mentioned bollock removal.

Honestly, both cunts are well past their prime and just in it for the money at this point.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Any comedian working for the BBC has automatically handed in their funny licence at the door IMO. Mind you, whilst Gervais has the balls to call a bunch of Hollywood elites a load of coke snorting, decadent nonces to their faces, the cunt has always come across as a visible agent for more entertaining, famous and skilled people to interact through.

The entire concept of Extras was to see famous people do silly shit, an Idiot Abroad was just Karl Pilkington travelling the world with the odd phone call interruption from Ricky, same with the Ricky Gervais show where it was just hundreds of hours of him and that lanky cunt talking to Pilkington. As for the stuff he's done solo, The Office is overrated wank and that After Life show on Netflix is shit - his stand up is dismal wank compared to Boyle before his mentioned bollock removal.

Honestly, both cunts are well past their prime and just in it for the money at this point.

I couldn't stand The Office, nor its American incarnation. I did enjoy Extras, though, and the first few hours of mocking Pilkington on The RG show were humorous, but there's only so many times you can listen to a Mancunian play an overly contrived idiot before it gets boring.

Personally I love his stand up, not much audience interaction and hardly any spontaneity, but I don't particularly care about that if I'm not watching something live, or more than once but at different venues. He gets a hard time about it from some of the more snooty and traditional stand ups, undoubtedly because they see him as an amateur and resent the success and money he makes from his shows.

Frankly I've got no time for most stand up comedians, a lot of their success is not based on being funny, but on a reputation that's been fashioned for them by bourgeois Guardian readers who get titilated whenever they get political about raaaycism or the Tory government. Stewart Lee is a fine example of this, the "comedians comedian". The cunt's act is shrouded in elitist snobbery, and if you don't like him it can't possibly be because he's a self-righteous, unfunny prick, it'll be because you're too thick to "get him". 

• Like 1

Guest Weary&Disgusted
3 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

I remember someone here saying that comedians cease being relevant after about five years. I tend to agree.

There are some comedians who stay true to their vision and never sell out material wise.  Jerry Sadowitz springs to mind.  

6 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

I saw him in the UHW Students union in 1989. He was fucking amazing. Where is he now?

You have to buy tickets if you want to see him. He doesn't make DVDs and actively removes any footage of himself from YouTube etc'. 

He is one of the worlds leading card magicians and has written books on close-up magic.

Hope that helps.

11 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Flogging expensive hand written magazines to his magic subscribers to tide him over. I imagine his post COVID material will be astounding. 

He was doing close up sleight of hand stuff.....as well as destroying the audience and the world. I thought he was very very impressive.

On 28/12/2020 at 23:49, cuntspotter said:

hey have learned nothing from the Diana Spencer , phone tapping and Millie Dowler outrages. Their agendas are those of whoever determines the prevailing wind of the day. They are unprincipled , mercenary cunts.....and journalists should be shunned as pariahs.

It is what still sells newspapers and gets them hits on their websites.

On 28/12/2020 at 22:37, Last Cunt Standing said:

I find both men funny and neither has said anything as bad as Billy Connollys 'get on with it' joke regarding the beheading of Ken Bigley, shortly before jihad john, the brave warrior from the religion of peace did in fact cut his head off. I wonder if Billy hopes his Parkinsons will 'get on with it' too, unfunny cunt. 

3 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

He was doing close up sleight of hand stuff.....as well as destroying the audience and the world. I thought he was very very impressive.

He is. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing his magic work up close, and he is astounding. Patter is very funny too. Just a pity he looks like The Penguin from Gotham City. 

On 29/12/2020 at 14:52, Decimus said:

I couldn't stand The Office, nor its American incarnation. I did enjoy Extras, though, and the first few hours of mocking Pilkington on The RG show were humorous, but there's only so many times you can listen to a Mancunian play an overly contrived idiot before it gets boring.

Personally I love his stand up, not much audience interaction and hardly any spontaneity, but I don't particularly care about that if I'm not watching something live, or more than once but at different venues. He gets a hard time about it from some of the more snooty and traditional stand ups, undoubtedly because they see him as an amateur and resent the success and money he makes from his shows.

Frankly I've got no time for most stand up comedians, a lot of their success is not based on being funny, but on a reputation that's been fashioned for them by bourgeois Guardian readers who get titilated whenever they get political about raaaycism or the Tory government. Stewart Lee is a fine example of this, the "comedians comedian". The cunt's act is shrouded in elitist snobbery, and if you don't like him it can't possibly be because he's a self-righteous, unfunny prick, it'll be because you're too thick to "get him". 

When a so called comedian comes on the telly nowadays,  the first thing I do is look to see if the cunts got spiked up hair, skinny jeans and sneakers. Just one out of the three is enough for me to reach for the remote.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
On 29/12/2020 at 20:52, cuntspotter said:

I saw him in the UHW Students union in 1989. He was fucking amazing. Where is he now?

Still doing odd dates here and there, but Covid19 has messed up his schedule quite badly.

• 1 year later...
On 30/12/2020 at 12:02, Eddie said:

I find both men funny and neither has said anything as bad as Billy Connollys 'get on with it' joke regarding the beheading of Ken Bigley, shortly before jihad john, the brave warrior from the religion of peace did in fact cut his head off. I wonder if Billy hopes his Parkinsons will 'get on with it' too, unfunny cunt. 

According to our local rag, The Eastern Evening News, a 'celebrity' in the form of Paul Sinah from The Chase was drinking in a Norwich pub the other night and I made a comment, "I wonder if he ordered a Vodka-martini and shook it himself", and none of the other interbred readers found it amusing. What a bunch of humourless cunts.