Jump to content
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

Did it result in a solution?

Ah, come on now, J.  Solutions are overrated.  Life would be boring if we solved all problems.  I'm probably part of the problem rather than being part of the solution.  Or maybe I'm the precipitate or summat.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cuntybaws said:

Are you sure about that, because they look to me like a proper pair of pansy fucking homosexuals. In fact, for a moment there I thought I was looking at a picture of Brian & Michael.

SSP_6240.jpg     2A31CF7700000578-3148216-The_song_is_about_artist_LS_Lowry_and_was_number_one_for_three_w-m-9_1435911972921.jpg

Bloody hilarious CBaws, thank you for bringing their previous bender image transformation to my attention. Either way, you cant say that their lyrics are contrived to get airplay on the radio:

"I work my dreams off for two bits of ravioli
And a warm bottle of Smirnoff
Under a manager that doesn't have a fuckin' clue
Do you want me to tell you what I think about you, cunt?
I don't think that's a very good idea, do you?
You pockmarked four-eyed shit-fitted shirt, white Converse
and a taste for young girls."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Arsebiscuit said:

Bloody hilarious CBaws, thank you for bringing their previous bender image transformation to my attention. Either way, you cant say that their lyrics are contrived to get airplay on the radio:

"I work my dreams off for two bits of ravioli
And a warm bottle of Smirnoff
Under a manager that doesn't have a fuckin' clue
Do you want me to tell you what I think about you, cunt?
I don't think that's a very good idea, do you?
You pockmarked four-eyed shit-fitted shirt, white Converse
and a taste for young girls."

Those lyrics would have been popular on TOTP in the 1970's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arsebiscuit said:

I agree on the first 2 paragraphs and they made me laugh but the Sleaford mods are in a league of their own compared to the genuine fucking dross mentioned by others in this thread. The Sleaford mods dont give a fuck about the music business, dont conform and will easily win a fight with 99% of the other pansy wet pants Brit bands of the day.  

They are certainly uncompromising, and consistent, I will give them that.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2021 at 08:11, Weary&Disgusted said:

Maybe I am just getting old, but some of the newer bands seem contemptibly weak and almost impossible to listen to.  I primarily love good guitar music, but I will listen to any genre of music if it has a good tune.  

I am completely stumped by the appeal of newer bands like Dry Cleaning, Black Midi and Black Country New Road.  The output of Dry Cleaning seems to consist of someone miserably mumbling pretentious lyrics over a weak beat, with some wishy washy faded out sounds in the background.  The singer from Black Midi sounds like he is having a nervous breakdown while being forced to masturbate at gunpoint. Black Country New Road seem to be ranting half heartedley about a poorly executed chemical experiment.  I just don't understand how bands like this get started.  Does no one tell them diplomatically to stick to their day jobs ?   

Worst of the lot are Sleaford Mods.  Okay, I know they have been around for a while now, but they are truly dire, the lyrics sound like a schizophrenic trying to explain his latest obsessive delusion to a confused therapist, with a few keyboard loops tagged on for variety.  Who is buying this shite  and keeping these bands afloat ?

The nasal twanging pretentiousness of certain oft played current pop stars is really tedious. This is my short list of shit singers that get repeated radio plays by DJs who are the equivalent of wearing a baseball cap sideways and sport a "Am I cool" smirk on their faces. The Artful Dodger spelling mash ups speak volumes:

Sigala and James Arthur

R3HAB & HRVY

Normani

Tones and I

Hailee Steineld

Omi

Kate Nash

Doja Cat

Ella Eyre

Vanessa Carlton

Lennon Stella and Charlie Puth

Selena Gomez

24kGoldn

Ellie Goulding

Haim

Sza and Justin Timberlake

Harry Styles

Ed Sheeran

Daft Punk

Mabel

Europa (Jax Jones Martin Solveig) 

DaBaby

Joy Crookes

Anne-Marie 2002

Drake

Twenty One Pilots

Jeremih

Lil Mosey

Zara Larsson

220 Kid and Gracey

Benee

S1mba

Camila Cabello

Sigrid

Arizona Zervas

Cheat Codes and Demi Lovato

Tiesta and Becky Hill

Doja Cat

The Weeknd

Dua Lipa

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

The nasal twanging pretentiousness of certain oft played current pop stars is really tedious. This is my short list of shit singers that get repeated radio plays by DJs who are the equivalent of wearing a baseball cap sideways and sport a "Am I cool" smirk on their faces. The Artful Dodger spelling mash ups speak volumes:

Sigala and James Arthur

R3HAB & HRVY

Normani

Tones and I

Hailee Steineld

Omi

Kate Nash

Doja Cat

Ella Eyre

Vanessa Carlton

Lennon Stella and Charlie Puth

Selena Gomez

24kGoldn

Ellie Goulding

Haim

Sza and Justin Timberlake

Harry Styles

Ed Sheeran

Daft Punk

Mabel

Europa (Jax Jones Martin Solveig) 

DaBaby

Joy Crookes

Anne-Marie 2002

Drake

Twenty One Pilots

Jeremih

Lil Mosey

Zara Larsson

220 Kid and Gracey

Benee

S1mba

Camila Cabello

Sigrid

Arizona Zervas

Cheat Codes and Demi Lovato

Tiesta and Becky Hill

Doja Cat

The Weeknd

Dua Lipa

 

Kill yourself 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

The nasal twanging pretentiousness of certain oft played current pop stars is really tedious. This is my short list of shit singers that get repeated radio plays by DJs who are the equivalent of wearing a baseball cap sideways and sport a "Am I cool" smirk on their faces. The Artful Dodger spelling mash ups speak volumes:

Sigala and James Arthur

R3HAB & HRVY

Normani

Tones and I

Hailee Steineld

Omi

Kate Nash

Doja Cat

Ella Eyre

Vanessa Carlton

Lennon Stella and Charlie Puth

Selena Gomez

24kGoldn

Ellie Goulding

Haim

Sza and Justin Timberlake

Harry Styles

Ed Sheeran

Daft Punk

Mabel

Europa (Jax Jones Martin Solveig) 

DaBaby

Joy Crookes

Anne-Marie 2002

Drake

Twenty One Pilots

Jeremih

Lil Mosey

Zara Larsson

220 Kid and Gracey

Benee

S1mba

Camila Cabello

Sigrid

Arizona Zervas

Cheat Codes and Demi Lovato

Tiesta and Becky Hill

Doja Cat

The Weeknd

Dua Lipa

 

Hey, Daft Punk aren't that bad, take them off your kill list.  I am only familiar with 7 of these crooners on your dossier.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Hey, Daft Punk aren't that bad, take them off your kill list.  I am only familiar with 7 of these crooners on your dossier.  

I’d like Harold to have a close encounter with Ice T who would proceed to slap the stupid cunt to much hilarity and cheers from onlookers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChildeHarold said:

The nasal twanging pretentiousness of certain oft played current pop stars is really tedious. This is my short list of shit singers that get repeated radio plays by DJs who are the equivalent of wearing a baseball cap sideways and sport a "Am I cool" smirk on their faces. The Artful Dodger spelling mash ups speak volumes:

Sigala and James Arthur

R3HAB & HRVY

Normani

Tones and I

Hailee Steineld

Omi

Kate Nash

Doja Cat

Ella Eyre

Vanessa Carlton

Lennon Stella and Charlie Puth

Selena Gomez

24kGoldn

Ellie Goulding

Haim

Sza and Justin Timberlake

Harry Styles

Ed Sheeran

Daft Punk

Mabel

Europa (Jax Jones Martin Solveig) 

DaBaby

Joy Crookes

Anne-Marie 2002

Drake

Twenty One Pilots

Jeremih

Lil Mosey

Zara Larsson

220 Kid and Gracey

Benee

S1mba

Camila Cabello

Sigrid

Arizona Zervas

Cheat Codes and Demi Lovato

Tiesta and Becky Hill

Doja Cat

The Weeknd

Dua Lipa

 

Kill them all...God will know his own.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stubby Pecker said:

I’d like Harold to have a close encounter with Ice T who would proceed to slap the stupid cunt to much hilarity and cheers from onlookers

Hopefully Harold has learned from his stretch in the cooler that even the Corner has lines that shouldn't be crossed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

They are certainly uncompromising, and consistent, I will give them that.  

My thoughts are that if they are from Sleaford they have no alternative but to be like that .. its a bit like trying to be edgy when you come from somewhere like Sidmouth or Melton Constable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

My thoughts are that if they are from Sleaford they have no alternative but to be like that .. its a bit like trying to be edgy when you come from somewhere like Sidmouth or Melton Constable.

Good morning, King Kong dong.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

My thoughts are that if they are from Sleaford they have no alternative but to be like that .. its a bit like trying to be edgy when you come from somewhere like Sidmouth or Melton Constable.

Where do you come from? I'm guessing the spunk of a downs-syndrone orangutan loaded into a turkey baster, then inserted into the fetid minge of a 49-year old bull-dyke librarian.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cocky Cunt-Features said:

Where do you come from? I'm guessing the spunk of a downs-syndrone orangutan loaded into a turkey baster, then inserted into the fetid minge of a 49-year old bull-dyke librarian.

Ruthin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Hey, Daft Punk aren't that bad, take them off your kill list.  I am only familiar with 7 of these crooners on your dossier.  

They're all one or two hit wonders not worth the drippings of Micky Most's nose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2021 at 08:11, Weary&Disgusted said:

Maybe I am just getting old, but some of the newer bands seem contemptibly weak and almost impossible to listen to.  I primarily love good guitar music, but I will listen to any genre of music if it has a good tune.  

I am completely stumped by the appeal of newer bands like Dry Cleaning, Black Midi and Black Country New Road.  The output of Dry Cleaning seems to consist of someone miserably mumbling pretentious lyrics over a weak beat, with some wishy washy faded out sounds in the background.  The singer from Black Midi sounds like he is having a nervous breakdown while being forced to masturbate at gunpoint. Black Country New Road seem to be ranting half heartedley about a poorly executed chemical experiment.  I just don't understand how bands like this get started.  Does no one tell them diplomatically to stick to their day jobs ?   

Worst of the lot are Sleaford Mods.  Okay, I know they have been around for a while now, but they are truly dire, the lyrics sound like a schizophrenic trying to explain his latest obsessive delusion to a confused therapist, with a few keyboard loops tagged on for variety.  Who is buying this shite  and keeping these bands afloat ?

I liked the Mods collaboration with the Prodigy on 'Ibiza'. "What's he fooking doing"? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...