CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Saint George's Day

Wolfie

28 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I remember years ago, a french doctor slagged off the union flag saying it was racist because the BNP and NF used it. Next thing, along came Jean-Marie Le Pen comes along using the Tri-colour as a backdrop. "So the French flag is racist as well" he was asked. Oh no, apparently this was different. He had "hijacked the flag". Ours was steeped in racism. 

You can't argue with counts like this 

Yeah. Count Duckula is a cunt. 

21 hours ago, Goober said:

I'm not sure how we'd celebrate St George's day. A few pints of Old Peculiar and a bad case of the shits the day after? A dinner of stewed Yorkshire pudding, Stilton and Pontefract cakes? 

To be fair, St Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland is just about plausible (despite being bullshit). Celebrating some bloke that supposedly killed a dragon (probably a sand lizard) is the height of sky fairy nonsense. 

Not only that, St George is a three timing cunt, being the patron saint of Georgia and Ethiopia too. We need our own, exclusive Saint. How about David-fucking-Beckham? 

I do agree that the English need to be prouder and less fearful of their national identity though. 

Fuck the Welsh. 

Bit of casual racism.......projectile vomiting on the nearest statue of some old cunt that put duty, kindness and quiet determination before ambition and appearance and extroverted emotive boasting......then fail a Chlamydia test.

11 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

I'm not sure how we'd celebrate St George's day.

In the English way, by not making a fuss about it. Populist nationalism is the preserve of younger, emerging, nations, less secure in their traditions.

This means that we are quickly forgetting what being "British" means (whether myth or reality). We need to regain some form of patriotism but American-style flag worship won't work for us. We need more public information films like this:

The grandchildren of the people at these pubs will have been forced out of picturesque villages by "downsizing" urban arseholes, forced to live in starter homes, built on filled-in refuse tips. The pubs will serve over-priced gastrocrap to yuppies, whose only connection to rural life is the collection of tools that they hang on the wall.

The Welsh lads had the right ideas about second homes fifty years ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

In the English way, by not making a fuss about it. Populist nationalism is the preserve of younger, emerging, nations, less secure in their traditions.

This means that we are quickly forgetting what being "British" means (whether myth or reality). We need to regain some form of patriotism but American-style flag worship won't work for us. We need more public information films like this:

The grandchildren of the people at these pubs will have been forced out of picturesque villages by "downsizing" urban arseholes, forced to live in starter homes, built on filled-in refuse tips. The pubs will serve over-priced gastrocrap to yuppies, whose only connection to rural life is the collection of tools that they hang on the wall.

Mebion Glyndwr!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

Camberwell Gypsy likes this 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
53 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

Agreed.  Instead of identity/gender studies horseshit and grievance politics, THIS is the type of thing which should be an essential part of all school curricula.  Educating the young on the discoveries, sacrifices, triumphs and mistakes made by our forefathers, the citizens of Britannia through the ages ( with a few grudging nods to world history).  

1 hour ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

Traditional subjects in higher education involved improving the lot of humanity (sciences) or making them happier (arts) and all had the effect of bringing people together. The new subjects seem just to be about making people hate each other.

I remember, technical drawing, metalwork and woodwork using real equipment and materials. Girls had needlework and home economics. They also could do Business Studies comprising typing, office practice and commerce. 

"Leisure and Tourism"... whaaat the fuuuuaack! 

32 minutes ago, ProfB said:

My grandad was born on Saint George's Day, god only knows what he'd say if he was still here & read my forum posts.

I reckon he'd say 'my son's hermaphroditic offspring's grammar is so fucking piss-poor I'm ashamed to be its granddad'.

Idiot. Hang yourself. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I reckon he'd say 'my son's hermaphroditic offspring's grammar is so fucking piss-poor I'm ashamed to be its granddad'.

Idiot. Hang yourself. 

As a Brit, particularly in this thread, shouldn't that be Grandad? 

Grammar, punctuation & spelling criticism is always a dangerous path to tread. 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
25 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

I always thought the George and the Dragon was the best of the bunch. Coventry Cathedral has a really great modern sculpture of St George with his foot on the Dragon's neck. Exactly how I picture you. Very artistic and very painful. 

Actually, that's the archangel Michael casting the great dragon out of heaven.  But yeah, I guess you could link it with st George too.