CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

French threaten to cut power supply to Jersey

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Guest Weary&Disgusted

If you ever have any doubts about the benefits of leaving the EU, France are always happy to provide a reminder of what life under the superstate would be like, whenever they disagree with UK policy and then follow up with a violent tantrum.  

A French minister has threatened to cut off electricity supplied to the island of Jersey via one of the huge sub channel cables stretching from the UK to France if they don't get their way on rights to fish in British waters.  

Apparently Jersey get 95% of their electricity from this source.  

I really hope that the UK do not cave in to these thuggish tactics, which are reminiscent of threats made by Russia to Ukraine.  In fact I am hoping that gov.UK will double down and tell the French to take a long walk off a short pier.  

Come on LA France, you're better than this !  Don't follow the appalling example set by the gangster state which is Putin LLP...

I'm also disgusted with the lack of planning and foresight which has left Jersey vulnerable to this kind of threat.  We need to get some power plants and generators set up on the island pronto, and never mind if it "spoils the beautiful coastline", just bite the bullet and get it done.  Whatever happened to self sufficiency in this country ?

1 minute ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

If you ever have any doubts about the benefits of leaving the EU, France are always happy to provide a reminder of what life under the superstate would be like, whenever they disagree with UK policy and then follow up with a violent tantrum.  

A French minister has threatened to cut off electricity supplied to the island of Jersey via one of the huge sub channel cables stretching from the UK to France if they don't get their way on rights to fish in British waters.  

I really hope that the UK do not cave in to these thuggish tactics, which are reminiscent of threats made by Russia to Ukraine.  In fact I am hoping that gov.UK will double down and tell the French to take a long walk off a short pier.  

Come on LA France, you're better than this !  Don't follow the appalling example set by the gangster state which is Putin LLP...

I also disgusted with the lack of planning and foresight which has left Jersey vulnerable to this kind of threat.  We need to get some power plants and generators set up on the island pronto, and never mind if it "spoils the beautiful coastline", just bite the bullet and get it done.  Whatever happened to self sufficiency in this country ?

It’s Gallic grandstanding, WD. The French govt. are in no position to tell EDF, a private company, to shut down the supply. The lawyers would have the cunts on croutons.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
13 minutes ago, Dyslexic cnut said:

It’s Gallic grandstanding, WD. The French govt. are in no position to tell EDF, a private company, to shut down the supply. The lawyers would have the cunts on croutons.

I would hope so.  I was going to bang on about the rule of law and contracts, but the nom was already too long.  I do find it disturbing that we have moved away from self sufficiency and are making ourselves vulnerable by outsourcing vital components of modern life (like energy supply) to foreign nations who will not always have our best interests at heart.  

2 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I would hope so.  I was going to bang on about the rule of law and contracts, but the nom was already too long.  I do find it disturbing that we have moved away from self sufficiency and are making ourselves vulnerable by outsourcing vital components of modern life (like energy supply) to foreign nations who will not always have our best interests at heart.  

I see Boris has sent the Navy in....

3 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I also disgusted with the lack of planning and foresight which has left Jersey vulnerable to this kind of threat.  We need to get some power plants and generators set up on the island pronto, and never mind if it "spoils the beautiful coastline", just bite the bullet and get it done.  Whatever happened to self sufficiency in this country ?

It’s a good job we didn’t cut off the supply of troops storming their beaches and dying in their thousands to boot out the nazi overlords they welcomed with open arms and open fannys 

We should invade and kill a few 100,000 big nosed garlic chomping cunts, burn Paris to the ground and deport all our chavs and pikeys there. That’ll fucking learn ‘em

• Like 4

On 05/05/2021 at 17:45, Weary&Disgusted said:

Frogs are unhappy with new regulations; it’s getting harder to move those fleets of mega hoovers into foreign waters without detection. The pesky permissions don’t cover all the ships and it’s not like you can call every vessel Brigitte and get away with it. There are some distinct discrepancies.

As for cutting off the power - it’s a classic example of dependence on foreign supplies of essentials. Jersey is pokey enough to  generate electricity from the mothballed power station, just at a higher cost. The place is not exactly full of starving residents, they will just have to scratch in their pockets that bit more.

But Britain needs to heed the lesson, here. The green fantasists may reconsider stirring shit up in regards to coal and mining. This is what happens when you fall out with other nations, who can seriously fuck you up; without having full energy, water, food, medicine and arms’ independence we are sitting ducks.

They will exploit all weaknesses.

11 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Aren't the EU suing the UK for breaking international law and breaking the contract they signed up to only in December.

PANZERMURPHYBABY 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
18 minutes ago, PANZER MURPHY said:

Aren't the EU suing the UK for breaking international law and breaking the contract they signed up to only in December.

PANZERMURPHYBABY 

I know you won't believe me, but I knew you were going to post this.  

You have a point, but the circumstances were quite different.  

15 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I know you won't believe me, but I knew you were going to post this.  

You have a point, but the circumstances were quite different.  

Isnt a contract a contract though.. ya cant really drag the majesty of the law into one part of it while ya drive a coach n 4 through other bits of it ..just sayin izall 

PANZERMURPHYBABY 

6 hours ago, White Cunt said:

it’s a classic example of dependence on foreign supplies of essentials. Jersey is pokey enough to  generate electricity from the mothballed power station, just at higher cost. The place is not exactly full of starving residents, they will just have to scratch in their pockets that bit more.

Ah, Jersey, my first ever nomination almost a decade ago now. Happy days.

For a bunch of cunts whose tourist board describe their shitty island as "The sunniest place in the British Isles", you'd think they could just bang in some solar panels and tell the frogs where to stick their high voltage cable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

For a bunch of cunts whose tourist board describe their shitty island as "The sunniest place in the British Isles", you'd think they could just bang in some solar panels and tell the frogs where to stick their high voltage cable.

With no sex offenders register, and a residency criteria that only considers you a high value applicant if you have a minimum income of £625,000 a year, I imagine that the Eton Rifles and their chums will be pulling out all the stops to prevent this from happening.

The sexually degenerate, weak chinned, Norman yoke cunts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Decimus said:

With no sex offenders register, and a residency criteria that only considers you a high value applicant if you have a minimum income of £625,000 a year, I imagine that the Eton Rifles and their chums will be pulling out all the stops to prevent this from happening.

The sexually degenerate, weak chinned, Norman yoke cunts.

I take it from that, you think the Labour candidate for Jersey has got about as much chance of a victory as Monsieur Birdseye.

59 minutes ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

I take it from that, you think the Labour candidate for Jersey has got about as much chance of a victory as Monsieur Birdseye.

When you're a party that allegedly represents the urban working and underclass, you know that you're in trouble when you haven't been elected in either Great Yarmouth or Lowestoft for the past 11 years.

What a useless shower of knee-taking cunts.

skynews-keir-starmer-angela-rayner_50096

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cuntybaws said:

The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man have been mostly taken over by tax dodging cunts with indigenous either having left or leaving .. I say fuck them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawn Chorus said:

The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man have been mostly taken over by tax dodging cunts with indigenous either having left or leaving .. I say fuck them.

They can generate the power - newspapers and furniture for starters, coal+gas to follow. It’s the fish we need to worry about.

1 hour ago, Dawn Chorus said:

They are not actually part of the UK so there is no Labour or even Lib Dem candidate.

Its official name is a Balliwick I believe. When I was there in 83, there were enough wrinklies left there with froggy/norman names who absolutely detested the English, because they believed the island should have been french. Not sure what it's like now.  But can the frogs legally cut the power supply  seeing it is a private energy company who are the suppliers? 

13 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

It’s a good job we didn’t cut off the supply of troops storming their beaches and dying in their thousands to boot out the nazi overlords they welcomed with open arms and open fannys 

We should invade and kill a few 100,000 big nosed garlic chomping cunts, burn Paris to the ground and deport all our chavs and pikeys there. That’ll fucking learn ‘em

You predictable, repetitious, thick fucking cunt.

54 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Its official name is a Balliwick I believe. When I was there in 83, there were enough wrinklies left there with froggy/norman names who absolutely detested the English, because they believed the island should have been french. Not sure what it's like now.  But can the frogs legally cut the power supply  seeing it is a private energy company who are the suppliers? 

A cousin is marred to one and I also have a neighbour who was born in Jersey both have typical French surnames and hate the French with a passion .. they also hate the rich cunts who have taken the place over.

58 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

In most of the these islands the allegiance is to the crown and the indigenous lot generally dislike being ruled directly these lot have been perfectly happy as crown dependencies since around 1200. The Isle of Man and I think that Shetlands and Orkneys were actually either Danish or Norwegian owned until the were sold to either the English or Scottish crowns and were perfectly happy to have the protection that their new owners offered them. I think that the Scottish Crown tended annex the islands that they took over hence the Orkneys and Shetlands are not self ruling.

11 hours ago, White Cunt said:

Frogs are unhappy with new regulations; it’s getting harder to move those fleets of mega hoovers into foreign waters without detection. The pesky permissions don’t cover all ships and it’s not like you can call every vessel Brigitte and get away with it. There are some distinct discrepancies.

As for cutting off the power - it’s a classic example of dependence on foreign supplies of essentials. Jersey is pokey enough to  generate electricity from the mothballed power station, just at higher cost. The place is not exactly full of starving residents, they will just have to scratch in their pockets that bit more.

But Britain needs to heed the lesson, here. The green fantasists may reconsider stirring shit up in regards to coal and mining. This is what happens when you fall out with other nations, who can seriously fuck you up; without having full energy, water, food, medicine and arms’ independence we are sitting ducks.

They will exploit all weaknesses.

I know a couple of oldies who are in their 80s who worked on the fishing boats out of Brixham. They reckon that up until the late 60s there were no problems with the French, in fact often they would work the waters together and switch catches so that catches went to where they sold best.Most of all they both knew not to overfish the waters. French boats would also land fish at UK pr ports and UK boats would land fish at French ports. They both had a bit of bother with the Spanish fishermen. The actual problem came with th arrival of the big factory ships (often Russian) that would completely clear areas of fish.