CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Cunts Corner Music Exchange VI

Mrs Roops

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Once upon a time, in the right place, with the right people, and with the right drugs, this could have been thoroughly appreciated.

Indeed. I’m something of a space cadet geek for this style of music and appreciate the production skills with the wonderful sounding analog machines. For every great tune you hear there are a dozen other you never will. Thanks to YouTube and Discogs these rare gems can now be searched out and enjoyed.

9 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Indeed. I’m something of a space cadet geek for this style of music and appreciate the production skills with the wonderful sounding analog machines. For every great tune you hear there are a dozen other you never will. Thanks to YouTube and Discogs these rare gems can now be searched out and enjoyed.

Sounds like the kind of thing John Carpenter would have done for a soundtrack, speeded up.

12 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

13 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

The 'Snake Plissken' theme plays in my head, just before I do anything illegal. 

I watched some Santa Claus film with the mini peckers over Christmas staring Kurt Russell and could get Plissken out of my head. I wanted him to take out the elves with a silenced Ingram MAC 10 and a baseball bat with 6 inch nails sticking out 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

I watched some Santa Claus film with the mini peckers over Christmas staring Kurt Russell and could get Plissken out of my head. I wanted him to take out the elves with a silenced Ingram MAC 10 and a baseball bat with 6 inch nails sticking out 

That one with Wahlberg and Ferrell was shite. The only reason to watch it was Mel Gibson as the famous, retired astronaut who loosened nicker elastic at 50 yards. 

17 hours ago, Wolfie said:

That’s more like it 

I love the logical way techno, trance and acid are put together and the underground nature of the records. I’ve never heard this tune before but can instantly understand it nature and structure. Original analog gear gives real depth to the productions and the early to mid 90s was a heyday for quality originality 

Harthouse, Eye Q, Superstition, Platypus, Noom, Frankfurt Beat, Fax, Voodoo, Transient, Dragonfly, TIP, Flying Rhino, Blue Room… 

A great place for this is:

https://m.youtube.com/c/Assortedtrance

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

That’s more like it 

I love the logical way techno, trance and acid are put together and the underground nature of the records. I’ve never heard this tune before but can instantly understand it nature and structure. Original analog gear gives real depth to the productions and the early to mid 90s was a heyday for quality originality 

Harthouse, Eye Q, Superstition, Platypus, Noom, Frankfurt Beat, Fax, Voodoo, Transient, Dragonfly, TIP, Flying Rhino, Blue Room… 

A great place for this is:

https://m.youtube.com/c/Assortedtrance

When I lived in London I used to like going to the Fridge in Brixton, which is where I think I first heard it, and it blew the roof off the fucking place. This was a great venue to go clubbing, especially as it started about 10pm on a Friday night – giving a whole weekend to recover before work on Monday. Very possible in one's 20s & 30s.

12 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

🔥 That amen break is killer, think I might have that on vinyl. I need a line, and a rum and coke. 

Indeed. The break work is phenomenal and chopped to perfection. Lemon and Dillinja are the masters of compression.

Any excuse for a line old boy.

Edited by Major Cunt
Smokey Joe - a very underated producer who along with his brother brought us 'Give me a duplate'. Rare as rocking horse shit

7 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

Indeed. The break work is phenomenal and chopped to perfection. Lemon and Dillinja are the masters of compression.

Any excuse for a line old boy.

How you been Major? Haven't seen you around these parts since my early days. Yes Lemon D and Dillinja (Dillinja especially) are masters at compression and their work is best heard on the Valve sound system. 

Are you into production?

I'm going to nominate modern consumer sound quality soon. 

A lot of people don't realise Lemon D made breakbeat/hardcore in the early nineties before Jungle/Drum & Bass.

Love this one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

How you been Major? Haven't seen you around these parts since my early days. Yes Lemon D and Dillinja (Dillinja especially) are masters at compression and their work is best heard on the Valve sound system. 

Are you into production?

I'm going to nominate modern consumer sound quality soon. 

A lot of people don't realise Lemon D made breakbeat/hardcore in the early nineties before Jungle/Drum & Bass.

Love this one. 

Unfortunately I received another ban after seeing off some cretin who was giving it the large, and the führer hammered me.

I know my way around a studio after starting to dabble in production in the late 90's, and then jumped back into it about ten years ago.

The good thing is that any cunt can make a tune these day's but the bad thing is that anyone can also make a tune.

I've been really meaning to put some more commitment in this year, but generally just do duplates for mates who play out.

The Valve System is fucking quality and I've been fortunate to hear it a few times.

Check out 'Something I Feel' by Lemon D.

Do you produce yourself mate?

2 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

Unfortunately I received another ban after seeing off some cretin who was giving it the large, and the führer hammered me.

I know my way around a studio after starting to dabble in production in the late 90's, and then jumped back into it about ten years ago.

The good thing is that any cunt can make a tune these day's but the bad thing is that anyone can also make a tune.

I've been really meaning to put some more commitment in this year, but generally just do duplates for mates who play out.

The Valve System is fucking quality and I've been fortunate to hear it a few times.

Check out 'Something I Feel' by Lemon D.

Do you produce yourself mate?

Yes I do Major, done stuff for TV and various different (usually dance) productions. Self taught on an old Atari and Cubase then studied and got some qualifications, moved on to Logic and now Pro Tools. Wiring up the studio again this week after some time off, can't wait...got some new software, top quality audio interface and a TL Audio stereo Valve processor ( EQ, Dynamics).

The neighbours can go fuck themselves. 

😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

Yes I do Major, done stuff for TV and various different (usually dance) productions. Self taught on an old Atari and Cubase then studied and got some qualifications, moved on to Logic and now Pro Tools. Wiring up the studio again this week after some time off, can't wait...got some new software, top quality audio interface and a TL Audio stereo Valve processor ( EQ, Dynamics).

The neighbours can go fuck themselves. 

😁

Fair play. My first set-up was also an Atari accompanied by an Akia S900 I believe and a Korg keyboard with the obligatory Cubase.

I'm not a classically trained musician, but if a notes off then my ears pick it up. Obviously over the years I've learnt octaves and semitones, and various chords.

Jungle has always been my passion and I've been fortunate enough to have some of my tunes pushed by artists I rate.

I'd love to live next door to Judge so that I could crank the KRK's up whilst knocking out a 40hz sub-bline.

That's a nice set-up you've got there mate, and if you haven't used Ableton yet then I suggest you have a butchers. It's work flow and stock plugins are shit hot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

Fair play. My first set-up was also an Atari accompanied by an Akia S900 I believe and a Korg keyboard with the obligatory Cubase.

I'm not a classically trained musician, but if a notes off then my ears pick it up. Obviously over the years I've learnt octaves and semitones, and various chords.

Jungle has always been my passion and I've been fortunate enough to have some of my tunes pushed by artists I rate.

I'd love to live next door to Judge so that I could crank the KRK's up whilst knocking out a 40hz sub-bline.

That's a nice set-up you've got there mate, and if you haven't used Ableton yet then I suggest you have a butchers. It's work flow and stock plugins are shit hot.

Nice one, I'm into equipment and like most always want more, and better equipment. Used to work in the box for ages, but now like to add some analogue/valve external processing to warm up the sometimes cold digital audio. I see you use KRK's, check out Eve Audio (formed from a former Adam founder I think) they are quality monitors.

Trying not to buy anymore processing software/hardware and if I buy anything more it'll be creative (dream synth is the Moog Voyager). 

27 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

Nice one, I'm into equipment and like most always want more, and better equipment. Used to work in the box for ages, but now like to add some analogue/valve external processing to warm up the sometimes cold digital audio. I see you use KRK's, check out Eve Audio (formed from a former Adam founder I think) they are quality monitors.

Trying not to buy anymore processing software/hardware and if I buy anything more it'll be creative (dream synth is the Moog Voyager). 

You certainly don't get the banter we engage in here on 'Dogs on Acid'. It's mainly full of fucking halfwits with all the gear and no idea.

Some fucker was asking me about recreating the Tramen break. I said that you could if you wanted but it's a compound of three different breaks so why not just layer the hits differently, and use one of the different kicks and snares. Voilà - you've now created an original break.

I love to use the crash on the amen and have found that layering a cymbal over it sounds refreshing and catchy.

I love hardware but it has now become so expensive compared to it's cost 10 years ago. An Akia sampler is definitely on the list due  to the unique sound.

Nice one for the tip regarding Eve Audio - I'll check them out. Frank's gonna piss his white chinos after reading our exchange as the man's under the illusion he's a musician.

Definitely a Liberace though.