CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

House Price Inflation

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Lady Penelope

General inflation is quoted at about 20 times over the past 55 years. Back in 1963 a new two bed dormer in the village where I was brung up cost  £1,750. Those dormers are now selling for £250,000 when by the laws of inflation they should be £35,000 .. all sorts of arguments can be made about value of improvements such as central heating and double glazing. But much of that is simply running maintainance and as such should not influence the selling price by a substantial amount. The hard truth is that house prices have risen by about 7 times the rate of inflation .. this of course has also affected rent as well which are perhaps 4 times their proper level. The reality is that house price inflation is a cunt.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

It is a cunt indeed. I was all set to sell my rental property when it hit £300k but now it's valued at about £306k so I think I might reset my sell point to £350k.

Edited by Drew P Pissflaps
learn to spell MAINTENANCE you stupid oik.