CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

People Who Dump Sick Loved Ones In Care Homes

Guest KuntaCunty

When you have an elderly person who is suffering from numerous conditions such as Alzheimer's, combined with mobility problems, then I might be inclined to agree with you. I'm talking about the cunts who have their poor mum locked away if she breaks a hip after one of their children left a toy on the staircase, and they have their hopes set on moving into the mum's home, or gaining control of the healthy bank account. Most doctors will be the first to tell you the best place for healing to occur, is in the home, where the patient is comfortable and still maintains some control of their surroundings.

All very true, except the bits about getting your greasy palms on their bank account (which can't happen without monumentally exceptional circumstances, and god knows I've tried,) and the reasons for the offspring decamping. In my experience, once the poor old codger gets dementia or starts breaking their hips or whatever, the offspring suddenly remember their lifelong dream of emigrating to new zealand/south africa/anywhere out of reach. So the old dear has to go into a home as there remains no practical alternative. I know several families who did exactly that the moment their remaining parent lost her/his marbles and started shitting themselves daily. I'd actually prefer it if they just said outright "we can't cope, she'll have to go into a home" than "we can't cope so we're fucking off to australia, we'll be back when she's dead."

Guest KuntaCunty

All very true, except the bits about getting your greasy palms on their bank account (which can't happen without monumentally exceptional circumstances, and god knows I've tried,) and the reasons for the offspring decamping. In my experience, once the poor old codger gets dementia or starts breaking their hips or whatever, the offspring suddenly remember their lifelong dream of emigrating to new zealand/south africa/anywhere out of reach. So the old dear has to go into a home as there remains no practical alternative. I know several families who did exactly that the moment their remaining parent lost her/his marbles and started shitting themselves daily. I'd actually prefer it if they just said outright "we can't cope, she'll have to go into a home" than "we can't cope so we're fucking off to australia, we'll be back when she's dead."

There is no shortage of lying, swindling, scrounging cunts in our world.  My best mate went through this with his brother and Father.  The old lad had a minor stroke, but it woke him up as to how his final affairs would be handled, and who would be in charge.  He was only 58 at the time, so he was more than a bit rattled by the whole thing.  So the brother manages to talk the old buzzard into giving him Power of attorney for health decisions and over finances.  Sure enough, 13 years later, he had a more devastating event of the brain, and even though the long term prognosis for recovery was good, the brother said he had to go into a home.  Chose the rattiest, most dire fucking prison camp he could find, even made sure the bread was stale and the water rancid before signing the admission papers.  The very next month, the shit cunt bastard had a brand spanking new Audi in his garage.  My mate has been visiting the home every day, keeping up with the doctors, nurses, and such, and the cheating fucker of a brother hasn't set foot in the place. 

People who begin to obsess about death in their late 30's, writing their will, purchasing a burial plot and pre-planning are also cunts!