CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Electric cars

Guest DingTheRioja

Guest DingTheRioja

So, Tesla has announced an "affordable" model in the US with 180k pre-orders, cost about £25k... well, not a bad price for piece of "new high tech" shit, but still....

Basic model has a range of just over 200 miles, not exactly fucking useful if you want to go any real distance, there's apparently 3800 charging points in the UK, but it looks like a third are always "out of service",  and a third of whats left are "slow" chargers.  Even a fast charger needs an hour to give you 80%... don't turn the radio on, or use the air con, electric windows on any other shit or you're walking home...

The alternatives...

• Chevy Bolt, similar price, similar range, looks like a shit shopping trolley, not available yet.
  • Renault Zoe, £20-25k depending if you want a battery with it or not... 130 miles,
  • Nissan Leaf, £30k, 100 mile range?? it's the size of a fucking shopping trolley and can only do 100 miles?
  • BMW, £31k, 80-100 miles... good luck with that...
  • VW E-golf... £31k, 83 miles... and I bet that's fiddled knowing VW.

This makes the cunts who drive Prius' look sensible..

Electric charging is the future, it has to be the future as carbon powered cars are not sustainable. Induction charging is an answer as vehicles can be charged whilst on the move but the infrastructure cost is horrendous. Keep a look out for hydrogen fuel cell power though......

Guest DingTheRioja

Electric charging is not the future, we don't have the capacity for generating enough electric without (safe) Nuclear power, anything else will result in more catastrophic shit than fossil fuels.

Have you seen what the batteries are made of, how they are created, life span, and disposal issues?

They make Chernobyl look safe...

Guest Alfie Noakes

They make some shit hot electric motorbikes these days. The Zero S is an example of how good they already are and battery technology is the main retarding factor at the moment. Aluminium ion batteries are in development that will charge really quickly and not drop capacity with each recharge, also much less of a burden on the environment both in ease of mining and polution.

Guest Bill Stickers
8 minutes ago, BigBowBalls said:

If it removes our dependency on oil, and along with it the omniprescent threat of walking a fucking half mile anywhere in London on perpetual alert for the strains of 'allahu akbar' then I couldn't be more up for it if I tried.

Hi Manila. 

Guest DingTheRioja
11 minutes ago, scotty said:

Don't bother. That's the only viable alternative so the oil barons won't allow it, at least not in our lifetimes. 

They may soon be too skint to stop it...

...take that town in Murrica that was on Billy Connollys' programme last night, became a boom town through oil fracking, dumped tons of oil on the market, market died, town died... within 5 years... what the fuck did they think was going to happen?  OPEC knew what they were doing by restricting the availability on a daily basis...

31 minutes ago, Alfie Noakes said:

Aluminium ion batteries are in development that will charge really quickly and not drop capacity with each recharge, also much less of a burden on the environment both in ease of mining and polution.

They do, unfortunately they also discharge very quickly as well. They also have a heat problem. This is due to aluminium having three electrons move from the anode to the cathode. (Lithium batteries use only one) Having said that, the core material is cheap and in plentiful supply so more research and development is warranted.

Guest nobgobbler
10 minutes ago, MikeD said:

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Bit dodgy, he made a right cunt of it as I remember.

Better keep the receipt!

Wouldn't expect anything else mike. I've taken back 2 microwave combo ovens this week, each one stopped working after 1 DAY!!! Fucking Panasonic shit. 

Guest DingTheRioja
4 minutes ago, nobgobbler said:

Wouldn't expect anything else mike. I've taken back 2 microwave combo ovens this week, each one stopped working after 1 DAY!!! Fucking Panasonic shit. 

Still, it proves microwaves are faster than conventional ovens, it would have taken you a week to carry one of them fuckers back to the Currys warehouse...

57 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

They do, unfortunately they also discharge very quickly as well. They also have a heat problem. This is due to aluminium having three electrons move from the anode to the cathode. (Lithium batteries use only one) Having said that, the core material is cheap and in plentiful supply so more research and development is warranted.

You know far too much about this for a bird.

Guest Snatch
1 hour ago, BigBowBalls said:

Hello Mr Stickers - but who on earth is Manila - is every cunt on this site literally the same person ? :)

You tell me Punkape.

Guest Snatch
1 hour ago, scotty said:

Google Scotters. Works everytime,just change the words around a bit instead of direct copy and paste.

Guest Manky

We are all doomed anyway. As I shuffle off this mortal coil in my Dr. Strangelove moment, I will not give a fuck about the environmental impact of different types of batteries or carbon emissions. The finite resources on the planet have been over depleted already.

FACT.  Too many people on the planet.

FACT.  Too many cars using too many resources.

SOLUTION.  Allow only 40 foot trucks and cyclists on the road. The cyclists not killed by the trucks will be fitter with a smaller carbon footprint. I have nothing to declare but my genius.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

I'm just a geeky girl...

13 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Google Scotters. Works everytime,just change the words around a bit instead of direct copy and paste.

You're such a cynic but you do love a good conspiracy especially if it supports your bigotry. I should bloody well hope so that Google and I agree on certain bits of stuff.

Guest Snatch
Just now, Mrs Roops said:

You're such a cynic but you do love a good conspiracy especially if it supports your bigotry. I should bloody well hope so that Google and I agree on certain bits of stuff.

Then why not post a link and let others read it for themselves instead of making it look like you know it all.

Oh sorry,I forgot. You did a science subject at Uni.

As for being a bigot. Look in the mirror to see the biggest one here.

Cunt.

3 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Then why not post a link and let others read it for themselves instead of making it look like you know it all.

Cunt.

Um, I don't need to post a link. I don't "know it all" but I do know about certain stuff, the same way that Deebom knows about literature and the same way that you know fuck all.

Guest DingTheRioja
58 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I'm just a geeky girl...

54 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Cunt.

47 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Um, I don't need to post a link. I don't "know it all" but I do know about certain stuff, the same way that Deebom knows about literature and the same way that you know fuck all.

FUCK OFF!!!!!!