CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Carillion

Eddie

Guest White van man
9 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

Getting philosophical on yo' ass but since we (the people) elect our government to serve us and we also engage with them in a social contract in that the taxes we pay will be spent wisely for a common good, I'd maintain it was very much 'our money'.

Your points re the Bransons, Starbucks, Googles etc, whilst undoubtedly true, are irrelevant.

I was just about to say similar

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/autumn-budget-2017-government-action-to-tackle-tax-avoidance-evasion-non-compliance-and-aggressive-tax-planning

Some of the stuff being done to tackle tax avoidance

Guest Lady Penelope
25 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

Your points re the Bransons, Starbucks, Googles etc, whilst undoubtedly true, are irrelevant.

They are entirely relevant as they affect our perception of the payment of taxes and how they are used. Tax avoiders/evaders are thieves and should be seen and teated as such, but because of perceptions about tax we fail to see them as such.

34 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

They are entirely relevant as they affect our perception of the payment of taxes and how they are used. Tax avoiders/evaders are thieves and should be seen and teated as such, but because of perceptions about tax we fail to see them as such.

Nope - too damn tricksy for me I'm afraid!

My tongue in cheek suggestion that Corbyn likes spending other peoples money (either via Fiscal revenue, borrowing or quantitative easing) has been proven time and again, wedded as he is - and all Labour governments have pretty much been since the 1930's - to Keynesian macro-economic theory.

Again, your points re tax evaders / avoiders are up for debate (Trump says people who do this are 'smart', which tells you all you need to know about him) and have merit, but I'm afraid they do not counter my point above, that I made in the Jurassic Era at the start of this thread.

Guest Lady Penelope
20 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

(Trump says people who do this are 'smart', which tells you all you need to know about him) and have merit, but I'm afraid they do not counter my point above, that I made in the Jurassic Era at the start of this thread.

Did your bottom smart when your mum smacked it?